Gunco Forums banner

GOUGING, Tragedy & our hobby..

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  woodey 
#1 ·
from WeaponsGuild we wanted to share this with all of our fellow building sites.... its something we have put into place there & want to share it with all the GOOD sites in our hobby. Help us protect the hobby we love.

Login

or if your not a member or dont want to go look ... heres the text of it:

Just a little notice to EVERYONE..... VENDORS & MEMBERS.

Price Gouging will not be tolerated here on WG. We shouldnt even have to put this message up, but in order to save some of you from yourself we are....

In light of the recent tragedy the market for our hobby has went wild with people panic buying and so on.

Sure thats expected. Flat out gouging your fellow members or flow busting the prices to make a quick $$ is not only completely against what we do here. It shows a total lack of respect for EVERYONE, not just the members here... but even the people/children who lost their lives.

Its tasteless, classless & something the WG website will have no part of.

We all understand markert changes & that the Vendors are business's.... Thats all well and good. The markets on our "stuff" have been increasing at a base rate that any of us can follow over the last several years. Thats expected & accepted. no problem at all.

The overnite switch to where some people think they are going to gouge other members here for tons of money is NOT going to happen.

Take it to gunbroker or guns america or a site that doesnt care about its members.

Likewise in the bad sales sections we will be allowing the members to list outfits/companies/people who have suddenly decided to gouge our members so that others can avoid them.

when you do this.... you need PROOF! & an actual ad, photo of it or link to it. so & so said is not going to be good enough on this.

The world may be made for capatilists, but WG is not. Its made for the members.

Thanks.

sdk

*NOTE: we are going to share this message with other sites and hope that they also will take a stand to help keep the hobby in check & integrity.

this will obviously not make some people happy, but just to be honest about it? thats the type of people we dont need anyway.

See less See more
#2 ·
THANK YOU!!!!

#3 ·
this policy is expected here

just to show how cut throat it is i have bid or tried to buy two or three different ar-15 uppers, I got sacked for someone who was willing to pay more

poster with put $500 ( for a a-1 ????) or best offer, so you make a fair offer ($450) they don't answer then some guy hard up comes along says "I will take it" 24 hours after you sent the offer, the seller sells it to the "I ll take it" and never reply to the offer

scumbag tactic

#4 ·
SPrat,

we go back a long ways & you know how i feel about this hobby......

spread the word that good people in this hobby dont profit from the death of innocents..

#5 ·
theres a good thread with some nice info on some people doing this type of gouging on teh first page of the new posts... :)

#10 ·
Thanks for sharing this - it is reassuring to see that posted. Very nice to know that not everyone is panic buying... I was starting to feel like I was the only one NOT panic buying something!

Question - I've never heard the term "flow busting" before... what does that mean?

#12 ·
ok in with the quick answers...

HCPOOKIE: flow busting is when the market is artificially pushed up... (gouged) not a regular price increase or value increase... but the flow, driven by panic is pushed and the sellers bust what would have been the usual cap or "stupid limit" of the purchasing public....

knowing full well that they are just taking advantage & not caring.... so flow busting for short.

7.62x39: im totally shocked on this GB news from Woodey and im sure its gonna get posted in the bad sales/deals section that we referred to.

on the site to site level: thank you for having the balls to say & stand behind the stance like we are taking on this at WG... this is a controversial move to say the least but if we dont try to at least offer members some protection/awareness? there will be no stopping the gouging which in turn will KILL this hobby... & with it the wonderful sites like Gunco, MF & WG.

thanks sdk

#13 ·
FYI,
1st.I never cancelled this sale 7.62x39 did, I still agreed to the salebut limited it to 50 pc at that price. You could barlly get 25commited before the SHTF
2nd. I never said this would be from stock on hand. I said I had stoke on hand & you ASSUMED that is where these would come from.
3rd. I did limint it to current members, I didn't want a bunch of guys to just join to buy my UNDER priced lowers. Like I stated before this is why I don't like doing GB. Never had any drama on my WG GB. Ban me if you wish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.