Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GOUGING, Tragedy & our hobby..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default GOUGING, Tragedy & our hobby..

from WeaponsGuild we wanted to share this with all of our fellow building sites.... its something we have put into place there & want to share it with all the GOOD sites in our hobby. Help us protect the hobby we love.

Login

or if your not a member or dont want to go look ... heres the text of it:

Just a little notice to EVERYONE..... VENDORS & MEMBERS.

Price Gouging will not be tolerated here on WG. We shouldnt even have to put this message up, but in order to save some of you from yourself we are....

In light of the recent tragedy the market for our hobby has went wild with people panic buying and so on.

Sure thats expected. Flat out gouging your fellow members or flow busting the prices to make a quick $$ is not only completely against what we do here. It shows a total lack of respect for EVERYONE, not just the members here... but even the people/children who lost their lives.

Its tasteless, classless & something the WG website will have no part of.

We all understand markert changes & that the Vendors are business's.... Thats all well and good. The markets on our "stuff" have been increasing at a base rate that any of us can follow over the last several years. Thats expected & accepted. no problem at all.

The overnite switch to where some people think they are going to gouge other members here for tons of money is NOT going to happen.

Take it to gunbroker or guns america or a site that doesnt care about its members.

Likewise in the bad sales sections we will be allowing the members to list outfits/companies/people who have suddenly decided to gouge our members so that others can avoid them.

when you do this.... you need PROOF! & an actual ad, photo of it or link to it. so & so said is not going to be good enough on this.

The world may be made for capatilists, but WG is not. Its made for the members.

Thanks.

sdk

*NOTE: we are going to share this message with other sites and hope that they also will take a stand to help keep the hobby in check & integrity.

this will obviously not make some people happy, but just to be honest about it? thats the type of people we dont need anyway.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score

THANK YOU!!!!
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

this policy is expected here

just to show how cut throat it is i have bid or tried to buy two or three different ar-15 uppers, I got sacked for someone who was willing to pay more

poster with put $500 ( for a a-1 ????) or best offer, so you make a fair offer ($450) they don't answer then some guy hard up comes along says "I will take it" 24 hours after you sent the offer, the seller sells it to the "I ll take it" and never reply to the offer

scumbag tactic
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

SPrat,

we go back a long ways & you know how i feel about this hobby......

spread the word that good people in this hobby dont profit from the death of innocents..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

theres a good thread with some nice info on some people doing this type of gouging on teh first page of the new posts... :-)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Sounds exactly like woodey who committed 30 80% AR receivers for our group buy, then reneged and is selling them on gunbroker for $175. He will never be allowed to sell here again.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

hopefully dutigaf ( sean) will do the same with Woody over on weaponsguild
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    hopefully dutigaf ( sean) will do the same with Woody over on weaponsguild
    He has a post with the GB auction, I Quoted and asked if those were the same as his group buy?
    We will see.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pryotex View Post
    He has a post with the GB auction, I Quoted and asked if those were the same as his group buy?
    We will see.
    Yup, Those are the ones he promised to us. He even told me so.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for sharing this - it is reassuring to see that posted. Very nice to know that not everyone is panic buying... I was starting to feel like I was the only one NOT panic buying something!

Question - I've never heard the term "flow busting" before... what does that mean?
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.