Thread: Communists Propose A 50% Tax On Bullets

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Communists Propose A 50% Tax On Bullets

Communists Propose A 50% Tax On Bullets

Snippit:

One proposal would place a 50 percent tax on bullets. “We tax cigarettes and alcohol even though a lot of people don’t get sick and die from them. It seems like a bullet is at least as dangerous as a cigarette,” she said.

Bye said she modeled the tax rate on what smokers pay for cigarettes. The tax would only apply to ammunition that was not purchased and used at a firing range. Those bullets are bought and used in a controlled setting and do not pose a public safety threat. Other ammunition, once purchased, could become a threat at any time.

“The idea is it is something that does cause harm to the public and it should be taxed, but not if it’s used at a shooting range where people are there for sports and it’s not hurting anyone,” she said.

Bye said she still doesn’t have a plan for the revenue generated by the tax, but suggested it could be used to fund mental health initiatives or the victims of violent crimes.

Other proposals in the package include a ban on ammunition magazines that can carry more than 10 rounds, broadening the number of weapons covered under the state’s assault weapon ban, and requiring a permit to purchase ammunition.

“It’s a real sort of hole in the law. You need all these rules to buy a gun but you don’t have to follow any rules to buy ammunition,” she said.

Continued: CT News Junkie | Lawmakers Propose A 50% Tax On Bullets

Black Blade: Well, it was inevitable which is why I cached and stashed a "wee bit of ammo" myself over the years. Soon coming to the rest of the US perhaps.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

yep== the communists see an open door here.

people don't understand WHY i am so concerned with the most recent situation.

they think well this is just going to be a re-run of the clinton era ban --so what?

what they do not take into account is the clintonish ban is just the STARTING point.

what is going to transpire is --the next horrific crime that involves a firearm they ask for more banns, --first up will be hi-cap mags , flash hiders and bayo lugs, --then it will expand to all semis, then pump actions --then lever actions, and wheel guns,

then some kook will cause a disaster with some black power firearm or propellent--you see it never ends.

ammo will be a prime target on the hit list .

and at the same time--you watch the school system and the government will resist ALL attempts to protect school children.

hell why don't the president put school security in charge of the armed forces? hell the government wants the schools un protected!

all the while government beaurocrats have swarms of guards, scanners and check points and barriers --you see where the governments priority is--self protection. the damn schools cant even get a hard door installed--???

how many children have to get murdered before they realize "gun-free" zones are a prime target for nutz and terrorists?

this time there is no turning back a ban--the USA itself has changed and anything that goes down now is going to be forever.

yea i am depressed -- i am sick of the stupid left wing press, the communist government in-action and the stupid public that allows all these disasters to happen.

in the end schools will be more exposed than ever and the public will be mostly disarmed.

all the real threats will go on unchecked. we will end up just like mexico --damn criminal cartels run everything and they got all the assault weapons they want.

and a citizen can't even own a shot-gun.

welcome to north mexico--peons!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

UNTILL SOME NUT OPENS UP ON PEOPLE AT A RANGE STUPIDEST THING IVE EVER HEARD.

BUY BULLETS PRIMERS BRASS AN POWDER NOW. AMMO WILL BE ON THE HIT LIST.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Yeah, like that's going to accomplish anything.

I can just see some lunatic thinking. I was going to commit a mass murder but Damn, that 50% ammo tax is giving me second thoughts.

Morons.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

WELL LETS TAX IT BUT WE DONT HAE A PLAN FOR THE MONEY ??????? BRILLIANT.
    YEA THATS A GREAT PLAN . SOME NUT GOING TO THINK WELL I WAS GOING TO KILL 20 PEOPLE BUT THAT AMMO IS 50 CENTS A ROUND DIVEDED BY 50% IN EXTRA EXPENSE SO IM ONLY GOING TO KILL 10 PEOPLE. IN THE MEAN TIME THE GUY SHOOTING TRAP OR TARGET TAXES IT UP THE ASS.

WE NEED A LEGIS;LATION TO STOP THESE STUPID PROPOSALS AN SPEND THE ,MILLIONS ON ACTUALLY HELPING PEOPLE.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I read a great article about our australian cousins, they did this in austrailia, so they used existing factory projectiles to make more out of lead and copper using clay for molds, I just can't remember if it was yellow clay or red clay that does not crack under intense heat
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.