Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Price Gougers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Default Price Gougers

A real shame that these retailers are opportunistically taking advantage of the situation... capitalism at its "finest" I have no problem with the supply/demand margins, but gouging is turning me off to any gun related purchases I was planning to make in the upcoming months.

Went to the gun show... let's just say if you wanted a rifle, expect to pay a significant markup on it if you haven't already purchased it. Ditto for magazines. Most of them are jumping up in prices... not just crawling up!

This is my list, feel free to add to it. The local places in the region have never been known to have competitive prices, but now they are severely gouging magazine prices and EBR prices. Enough to the point that I am simply not going to shop locally any more. It is THAT BAD around here.

At the GS, I couldn't even get to the gun table, and had to push my way to the magazine rack. The Tapco 7.62x39 bulk mags, normally sell for $7-8 apiece, now 14.99 each! They didn't have their Saiga and Arsenal builds gouged, but then again they were already charging $1k each for them... time to go back to mail order for me!

- CDNN Investments

25-50% overnight price increase on most products. A shame because they have always had competitive pricing. No more it would seem. Yesterdays' $1399 rifle is today's $1899 rifle.

- CTD

50-300% overnight price increase on mags. The "no more guns" policy was quickly reversed when the consumer backlash was heard. Not sure if this is good or bad... but makes me mark them off my list of "go-to" places.

- WalMart pulled evil black guns... do we even care?

- Dick's Sporting Goods pulled EBRs - again do we even care?

Those NOT increasing significantly... pleasantly surprised to see some companies aren't engaging in this:

- Sportsman's Guide

Only marginal price increase on ammo, < 10%

- MidwayUSA

No price increase on "evil" accessories and mags

Seriously between these two companies alone I think I can do all my shopping. I am simply not going to buy at gouged prices, regardless of what it is.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

All the AR-15 forum members selling lowers ect. have marked all their prices up $350+ for lowers and that is selling to fellow members. Gunco is a community forum as is the ak forum....... but ar-15 forum members have lost all my respect for what they are doing to fellow members
    “Come on you apes, do you want to live forever?”
    attributed to an “unknown platoon sergeant”.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scottbly257 View Post
    All the AR-15 forum members selling lowers ect. have marked all their prices up $350+ for lowers and that is selling to fellow members. Gunco is a community forum as is the ak forum....... but ar-15 forum members have lost all my respect for what they are doing to fellow members

yep-- the same brat-like mentality that AR-15 & m4 sites have had all along has come back to bit them in the @ss.

those kind of sites are there to exploit the mall-ninja mentality so that sort of thinking is considered normal for the younger generation.

the irony is the mall-rat/mall-ninja's got us all into this gun control mess to begin with.

makes me want to kick some punk ass--

anyway i better get back to building 1911s since all the ar/ak shit has suddenly turned into gold--(or contraband)--LOL!

damn maybe i should build a wheel gun--???

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

It is what it is. Supply and demand. Those who came late to the game are screwed for now, maybe forever. Me, I have one left to build, and am relegated to looking for a piece here and a piece there at a semi reasonable price. Getting hard to do that too.

Some sellers have kept their prices the same, and some have gone crazy. I guess when the future is uncertain, you need to make what you can because you may not have a business in the future the way it looks.

I respect both, but will choose to only do business with 1 type going forward. We all have those choices to make.

I sold a part someone needed at what I paid a yr ago plus shipping, because he could only find them 3 - 4 times that price now. To me it isn't about making buck on a fellow, it's about seeing another firearm in the hands of a fellow enthusiast/patriot.

Hell, I traded a crutch folder stock for a wooden stock even up, because I wanted a wooden stock, and he wanted a crutch folder. It's not always about the money.

If a ban does come down, the prices you see now will look like great prices.... unfortunately most of it is priced out of the market for me.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

JSE, cobra tac, SMG, matt-d, DSG, hell even SARCO and a number of places have not increased their prices much "yet"--

so not everybody is pulling a fast one in wake of the disaster.

however be aware when they try to restock the jobbers are going to stick them with a big price increase.

i figure were going to see parts dry up because the parts makers will be reluctant to make a bunch of parts that they might not be able to sell in the future and they don't want to get stuck with a warehouse full of contraband.

market pressure is all upward on prices regardless who is selling them.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I have always liked Curtiss at AKbuilder. With his new huge ads in Shotgun News, I hope he gets to build a nice nest egg out of this madness.
    Same for Scott/ DPH.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scottbly257 View Post
    Im very disgusted with the ar-15 site lots of backstabbing and gouging
    lots of new members this a major concern. all of sudden they want to be members
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (89%)

A year ago I could not sell my Yugo AK M70, for $500 localy. I ended up cutting it in half and selling it as a parts kit on the forums.

Year ago I could not sell my romanian M65 underfolder AK, for $600 so I just kept it, and good thing that I did.

It still hurts me that I did not keep my M70

Feedback Score

Yeah, remember who all these price gougers are and when the dust settles and things get back to normal they will be hurting from lack of sales then. IF it ever gets back to normal.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score

I bought a yugo M70 underfolder at the local gun shop the sunday before the craziness began. I wasnt really there to buy a new gun, but it was on consignment and I had a little bit of money burning a hole in my pocket, so I made the mistake of looking at it. Price was $650 maybe a bit of a premium but I really liked it with the wooden furniture. They offer 5% military discount. So in the end the price with tax out the door was 647 dollars.
    As we get to talking the guy looks at the tag with the price and says Oops forget to mention 7 mags are included which made it a better deal for me. I think I could get 25 a mag and really offset the price of the gun now if I wanted, but I decided just to keep them.
    Then saturday right after the shooting. A guy local posts up a wasr 10 with ammo for $400. Im not buying because of the craziness, I wanted it because 400 bucks for a AK with a bunch of ammo was too good a deal to pass up. Turns out there was over 1000 rounds in the ammo can. I could probably sell the rifle for more than $400 today even though its a 10 round version and keep the ammo for profit. But I didnt buy it to flip.
    I think the idea is to get into these thing in the right price and its really not worth selling because for a enthusiast its hard to replace these things as cheap as we bought them for originally. jim

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.