Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elections Have Consequences

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by trukfixr View Post
    Don't you think we're not labeled already just for the fact that we are Vets or gun owners?Wake up.
    So you believe because you perceive you are labeled as something then treasonous blather is okay? Sorry NO, your logic is flawed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ever hear about the 1st amendment?I still support that whole constitution thing.Ever hear of it?
    When all else fails-read the instructions!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by trukfixr View Post
    Ever hear about the 1st amendment?I still support that whole constitution thing.Ever hear of it?
    Sir, I know the constitution, and I also know that talking about overthrowing the government through the use of force is considered treason in this country.

Frankly, if you were in the military you know I am right.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What everybody seems to forget is that 99% of the military are on "our" side.

That's why I was incredibly offended at the post about Obama calling up the National Guard (which he cannot do, the Guard is a "State Militia").

I was in New Orleans after Katrina and I NEVER took anybody's gun, and I would have butt stroked anybody who did.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

... nevermind
    Gunco Member #10

http://pookieweb.net

The "original" Boltcutter Rivet Squeezers:
    http://pookieweb.net/AK/rivet/boltcutters/boltcutter.htm

Project Pink - the Pink and Blue AK-74:
    http://pookieweb.net/pink/pink.htm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Sir, I know the constitution, and I also know that talking about overthrowing the government through the use of force is considered treason in this country.

You might try holding it in your RIGHT hand when you read it.The view from the left is abstract at best.What we're talking about is SELF DEFENSE (See picture).A concept many don't understand.
    When all else fails-read the instructions!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thomas Jefferson Quotes:

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” (Quoting Cesare Beccaria)

The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

Black Blade: Of course according to a few (even here) we are to suppose that our Founding Fathers (including Thomas Jefferson) were wrong to defend freedom and liberty and that they are treasonous criminals? I say that is absurd and incredibly stupid.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

jrs
    Feedback Score

Actually it's sedition, not treason.

18 USC 2384 - Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

18 USC 2381 - Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score

Sorry, you people are delusional if you can't see the difference between actually resisting the government once they start marching into neighborhoods and using military might to take control, and calling for an armed take over of the government because it wasn't who you wanted, then any further discussion is futile.

Further, turning this into a right versus left argument pretty much says you have run out of rational arguments to defend your point of view.

Feedback Score

Sorry, you people are delusional if you can't see the difference between actually resisting the government once they start marching into neighborhoods and using military might to take control, and calling for an armed take over of the government.
    "There are two kinds of people, those that are prepared, and those that suffer"
    -FyredUp signature block

Once they are marching and then you decide to act, you will suffer from lack of preparation. Not promoting anything just saying. If you are simply referring to prepping "in case" such an event should take place as to not suffer than you harbor the same mentality you just don't voice it.

Oh and treason is harboring or aiding the enemy, but I think what the picture is promoting is dessention or sedition what would lead to what the military calls mutiny and what forefathers called revolution.

You know I always gotta give you crap every time you say something like "you people" or " you all" when you post. That's generalization and that is wrong.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.