Thread: Lawmakers look to restrict gun magazine capacity

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Lawmakers look to restrict gun magazine capacity

Lawmakers look to restrict gun magazine capacity

Snippit:

WASHINGTON (AP) Lawmakers from both parties voiced their willingness Sunday to pursue some changes to the nation's gun laws, but adamant opposition from the National Rifle Association has made clear than any such effort will face significant obstacles.

NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre dismissed efforts to revive a ban on assault weapons as a "phony piece of legislation" that's built on lies.

Democratic lawmakers in Congress have become more adamant about the need for stricter gun laws since the shooting of 20 children and six teachers at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California is promising to push for a renewal of expired legislation that banned certain weapons and limited the number of bullets a gun magazine could hold to 10.

"I think we ought to be looking at where the real danger is, like those large clips," said Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas.

"I think we need a comprehensive approach," said Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., a longtime gun rights supporter. "I'll look at all the proposals. . I think it looks at mental health, I think it looks at protecting our schools but I also think it looks at these high-volume magazines, you know, that can fire off so many rounds."

Both lawmakers appeared on CBS' "Face the Nation," where NRA President David Keene said lawmakers were asking the wrong question when discussing how many rounds a gun magazine should have.

Continued: Lawmakers look to restrict gun magazine capacity - Yahoo! News

Black Blade: I wasn't aware that Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison is one of the bad guys. Sheesh! At least I backordered a 150 PMAGs and a few dozen TAPCO mags (as an investment spec play).
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

If weapons or mags are banned in this country the armed guards at the White House & the protection details for all in DC WILL NOT be allowed to have them either-they're military weapons & hardware & the military WILL NOT be used on US soil.We must insist on equality for ALL!See how they like being protected with a BB gun.
    When all else fails-read the instructions!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

BANN IT ALL THE NEXT GUY WILL JUST RUN A SCHOOL BUS STOP OVER WITH A CAR.

THERE GOING AFTER SOMETHING THAT IS USED IN LESS THAN 5% OF GUN SHOOTINGS AN OF THAT 5% LIKELY HAVE ARE SELF INFLICTED.

THE LAST SHOOTER COULD HAVE USED A BAT OR AXE AN HAD THE SAME RESULTS THERE WAS NO ONE TO STOP HIM .

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

every day you see some crime involving either a nut off his meds or some convicted criminal that was released.

it is all about $$$ the gov don't want to keep these people in the system because it is costing them $65 a day per con/nutjob.

remember my old pal mike suckelbee? let over 500 hardened violent cons out of the pen just so he could say "suckelbee balanced the budget" for his presidential bid.

there in lies the problem --we live in a world full of criminals and the insane --the government refuses to hospitalize the insane and the government refuses to keep the dangerous convicted felons in prison.

it seems it costs too much to murders, sex offenders and other violent types in--and congress votes itself a pay raise and a golden retirement plan--

when the inevitable bad thing happens --it is the guns, videogames, society, movies ect ect--fault.

yea right---

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.