Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New York newspaper posts names of gun owners

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post
    Oh I don't like this. Sounds like someone resorted to "scaring" them with fake anthrax. That doesn't make gun owners look like the "law abiding citizens" that we are trying to be.

Something about throwing rocks in a glass house...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Screw them. It could have been gun owners getting poisoned and bombed just is easy. In my opinion the media has declared war on gun owners. up until this point the media's just been allowed to do whatever they please with no repercussions to their lies and made up stuff. what better way for the medie to get even more anti gun attention than mailing themselves their own threat. The media needs to stop going unchecked and be held accountable for their actions. suddenly they feel somebody with guns is needed to protect them isn't that ironic?
    Last edited by 1biggun; 01-04-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Isn't it interesting that the media did not publish the address of where the anthrax package was addressed? the media had no problem publishing addresses of people before !

Feedback Score

Why aren't the addresses of the people protecting them published?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

There are three kinds of people in my world,sheep,sheep dags,and wolves.A man has to know his limitations.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

An update - releasing names endangers public: this guy makes perfect sense:

Defiant county official refuses to hand over list of gun owners to newspaper | Fox News

The article makes several points that this information is public, and is easily obtainable via other means. In other words if someone is making a "robbery list" of unarmed houses they could still get this information. But it is good to see it being up for consideration. I especially like this point:

Some readers say it unfairly stigmatized gun owners, branding them in the same way as online maps showing where child molesters live.
    THAT is the reason that I personally believe it is "improper" for the newspaper to receive fake anthrax. It paints the stigmatization that gun owners are unbridled vigilantes.

jrs
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hcpookie View Post
    THAT is the reason that I personally believe it is "improper" for the newspaper to receive fake anthrax. It paints the stigmatization that gun owners are unbridled vigilantes.
    That assumes the sender is a gun owner, a fact which is not in evidence. How do you know it isn't some other crazy using the turmoil for their own ends?
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Right. It is either someone on the pro-gun side saying "I'll show these fuckers" or it is someone on the anti-gun side saying "I'm going to make the gun owners look bad".

Either way we gun owners get villified. Unfortunately the adage that "Perception = Reality" holds true regardless of the facts.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

My guess is the paper sent the package to themselves to help cover their ass.

Right out of " Rules for radicals"

and I'm NOT joking.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I saw were the other county official refused good for him.

I also suspect the newspaper mailed stuff to themselves to generate a story.

I wonder if the paper published the employees that were gun permit holders???

maybe its time gun owners make it clear they will not take this crap. Imo the media is walking on thin ice. you screw with the wrong person you might have a incident .
    also posting peoples address for any group is bad imo. how would you feel if you were a battered spouse hiding form her abuser who had gotten a gun permit for protection an some ass hole reporter hands your abuse / soon to be killer your address??? during the last governor recall attempt people who signed the petition got there names an address published an a few were fearful of being found by stalkers .

if were forced to register our guns per the fienstines bill our names will be public record!

I don't like to make threats but IMO messing with a gun owner is not a good idea some might not share my sense of right an wrong . keep poking the lion in the cage an it might get out. it seems to me that the media has declared war on legal gun owners at what point are they going to fight back. sooner or latter its going to end bad. they ignore it when people successfully defend themselves an spoon feed emotion's every time a crime is committed. Now the very news who has singled out people want to play play victim .

I saw on one site were a member suggested ever one send the paper a bullet with a letter saying they didn't appreciate being singled out. I initially though it a bad idea but its has grown on me. I suspect it would be taken as a threat an that you would get in trouble. I do think an ,mass ,mailing of letters with carefully written reply is in order.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.