Gunco Forums banner

LA trading food for guns

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  1969ivan1 
#1 ·
I just saw an article about LA trading food cards for guns. They had people driving up turning in guns. Aren't you supposed to have guns locked up in a motor vehicle in CA out or reach? Also are ftf transfer legal in CA? No check on the guns or questions asked either.

#4 ·
Yeah I wonder how many people just got some government cheese for a piece used to burn a cop?

#9 ·
L.A. NOW
Southern California -- this just in
« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

L.A. gun buyback yields rocket launcher, assault weapons
L.A. gun buyback yields rocket launcher, assault weapons - latimes.com

4 a.m. news on here.. 2 huge anti-aircraft hand held rocket launchers turned in at buy back program..
Post a link and picture when I can find it...

#10 ·
L.A. NOW
Southern California -- this just in
« Previous Post | L.A. NOW Home | Next Post »

L.A. gun buyback yields rocket launcher, assault weapons
L.A. gun buyback yields rocket launcher, assault weapons - latimes.com

4 a.m. news on here.. 2 huge anti-aircraft hand held rocket launchers turned in at buy back program..
Post a link and picture when I can find it...

could it be US MAP weapons our own GOVERNMENT gave away?

or did the illegal alien/ mexicans get them from joe's pawn again?--LOL!

#11 ·
j4

No sure.. Just saw the Police Officer holding them.. With a strange look on his face.. Hey, they said no questions asked..
Must have come out way past my time in the Military.. Young guys would know what they were..
They might?? have been already fired and sold through a Army Navy surplus store or something..
L.O. was turning them over too the bomb squad to check..

#14 ·
LOL TURN IN A DEACTIVATED ROCET LAUNCHER AN GET A CARD. I SEE THAT SO CALLED SUPRESSED 50 ROUND GUN THERE. HMMMMMM I SUSPOSE GETTING HGTAT OFF THE STREET WAS A GOOD THING IF IT WAS EVEN A WORKING GUN.

LOT OF BS HERE AN N O MENTION OF THE VALUE OF THE CARDS.

PEOLE WITH UNWANTED LEGAL GUNS SHOULD JUST TAKE THEM TO A SHOP OR SHOW AN SELL THEM .

I HALF ASS WONDER HOW MUCH OF THIS CRAP IS STAGED BY THE LEO,S TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE ITS A GOOD THING.

#16 ·
I didn't see any pics of a rocket launcher, but at one time expended LAWS rocket tubes were $10 at your local army surplus store. They said the rocket was gone, you have an obviously empty tube, why on earth would you bother the bomb squad over that? The next question is, did he get the lowball gift card for it, or did they give him the top of the line "assault weapon" card?

#18 ·
kernel..

No this was not a L.A.W.... I am familiar with them. Junk..
We had access too all we wanted, we heaved them.. Only thing it would not stop was a tank..
Think biggun nailed it, showtime from the Govt. for the turn in. :rofl:

#19 ·
Someone in the comments area said it was an AT-4 tube and even had "trainer" on it, like Kernel said these used to be sold in surplus stores.
The only pic I see is the one that they are showing the MAC11 & TEC9, I bet the "silencer" is fake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.