Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: grand-pa tell me bout the good old days!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Talking grand-pa tell me bout the good old days!

ok here the meat of this thread--

you got to tell something from your past that was good that we don't have no more--

EXAMPLE---

"back in the good old days we thought $69 and free shipping was too much for a new looking de-milled rommy "G" kit!"

PS it don't have to be about guns either--

Feedback Score

Buy 303s at sears for less than $20.My brother took the stock to school and sporterized it.

Feedback Score

22 years ago I could have had SKS's brand new in the box still packed in cosmoline for $79 each. Looking back I wish I would have bought 10 of them. Instead not really appreciatung what they were I said yeah, no. What a dumb ass!!

As for non-gun related I can remember being a kid and going to the corner store with a buck and getting 2 cans of Mountain Dew and 4 candy bars AND CHANGE!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I used to get ammo for my AK for 69 dollars for 1000 rounds. my M1 carbine cost 100 dollars with 300 rounds of ammo. we used to be allowed to build our own guns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Default Guns in school

Yes we had guns in school. it was 1976 and the high school had 400 students. Several kids went out and trapped coons, & coyotes in the morning and brought whatever they got from their traps into school in the back of the truck. Yep, they had a little rifle behind the seat so they could humanely kill what may not have died in the trap.
    Teachers knew it, hell even the principal knew it. I saw him out there one day talking to a couple of guys while holding up a raccoon.

I worried more about the kid that was a black belt in karate than I ever did about the kids that hunted and trapped.
    Last edited by DucatiSS; 12-27-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Next door to my neighbors house in Michigan
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

How about being able to fill up your truck which was on empty and buy a 6-pack of some tasty beverage with a $20 and get change back.

And guns/hunting & school were why there was always a snow day the first day of deer season. The school knew half the kids weren't going to be there which causes them to loose state money (or at least thats how it was explaned to me at the time) so they just called it a snow day!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I remember when an expensive Hooker was $75........

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Regular gas was $.25 a gallon. Cokes were a nickel, smokes were 15 cents.
    .223 adapter instructions
    www.christcorp.com/renegadeadapter.pdf

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

"back in the good old days the cops knew who you are and you didn't need 12 kinds of government issued photo id's to do anything--"

Feedback Score

Well I'm only 38 but I can remember a time when people were proud to be American, the country was prosperous and people had a good outlook on the future of the nation. That's the country I remember growing up in while today government dependency is what today's youth aspire to. I remember getting gas for under a buck. I use to put $5 at a time at the gas pump and get around town for a few days while cigarettes were around $1.50 a pack. I remember air condition was an option on New cars and so were power windows. Oh and we didn't have the government's nose stuck into everything we did.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.