Thread: Google Chrome browser question

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Google Chrome browser question

Recently switched browsers to Google Chrome as IE was having severe issues. Worked great at first, now i am experiencing something weird. Athlon 2GHZ with 1.43 Gig Ram and XP service pack 3. Click on chrome one chrome shows up under the "applications" tab of task manager, but 4 copies of it are shown running on the "processes" tab. CPU usage spikes to 100%, divided among a couple of the Chrome.exe processes. Page file jumps up to 1.3 Gig from 294 meg. Chrome just sits there for 2-3 minutes, cpu steady at 100%. Then it fluctuates between 50-100%, for a minute, then drops down to 0-10% fluctuation. At that point Chrome starts working and will load a page, if you click on a bookmark or enter a URL before the CPU drops to 10% it just waits and no network activity. Ran several spyware/malware/antivirus scans and nothing. Any ideas what's going on?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

every tab you open, opens a new process in your task manager. its that way so if something crashes, it doesn't crash all your tabs just that one. but it does slow things down
    Allright you primitive screw heads listen up see this this is my boom stick its a 12 guage double barrel Remington. S Marts top of the line you can find this in the sporting goods department thats right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan.retails for about $109.95 its got a walnut stock cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger.thats right shop smart shop S Mart

Ash

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

No, just one tab open, this only happens when you start the browser up. Once the 3-4 minutes pass of it using up all the CPU resources and such it "settles down" and acts normally. Right now I have about 12 tabs up and all loaded and work fine just like before. Task Manager shows a fluctuation between 0 and 28% CPU usage. Everything responds rapidly as it should. When I started it up the whole computer became sluggish and the browser refuses to do anything until that initial 3-4 minute time frame is up. It's like Chrome is a massive multi-gigabyte program the computer has to load into memory and swap file, once it's loaded everything returns to nermal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

what i would do is download this Download CCleaner 3.26.1888 - FileHippo.com then open it and click tools then click startup and turn off anything that says google and what ever you dont need to start when you boot up.and see if that speeds it up.
    Allright you primitive screw heads listen up see this this is my boom stick its a 12 guage double barrel Remington. S Marts top of the line you can find this in the sporting goods department thats right this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids Michigan.retails for about $109.95 its got a walnut stock cobalt blue steel and a hair trigger.thats right shop smart shop S Mart

Ash

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ran that days ago, the only thing I have enabled under startup is my AVAST antivirus. Google update is the only Google related startup program listed and it is disabled. When chrome is closed, no chrome.exe in the process window list.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

get rid of avast id bet you $1 thats why its slow

Ash

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

your running a beta version or a dev version of chrome......

if you want an actual gold release your gonna have to go all teh way back to 22.?? something to get the one that doesnt have any bugs in it.

remove it.. take your CCleaner and clean it up... then go into your program files and get rid of the entire folder for google and start over. if you dont get rid of it all the way you'll never have a clean slate to start with.
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I'm running Version 23.0.1271.97 m, says I am up to date and latest version. From a quick search that is the latest gold release, the DEV and Betas are in the 24-25.XXXXXX range. Found a whole bunch of .22 versions, some marked DEV and Beta, which one do I want? And won't it just update it to the latest version anyway?

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.