Gunco Forums banner

Everything Sold Out

5K views 46 replies 26 participants last post by  Carbine Coyote 
#1 ·
I sure don't envy firearms and accessory vendors lately. I looked around various sites this morning and the typical warning I am seeing like this one from DSG Arms:

Please note: The overwhelming number of emails and phone calls we are receiving may make it difficult if not impossible to reach us currently. We urge everyone to use caution in placing orders on our website - as our ability to modify and cancel orders is greatly reduced due to the sheer volume of orders we are receiving.

Order shipping times for in stock items are estimated at 21-30 days.

Backordered item shipping times are dependent on inventory being received from our manufacturers. “When will it be in stock?” or “When will my backorder ship?” are not questions we can answer with any certainty right now.

Also; some items can no longer be backordered from DSG. While we cannot estimate lead times from most manufacturers, it is reasonable to assume that our current backorder levels could take months to fulfill for some items.

It is our intention to fill each and every order placed - as it is possible to do so, but we ask your patience and understanding.

#2 ·
LMAO!!! Yeah, I guess it must be busy out there.

K-Var Corp.'s Internet store is temporarily closed

****ATTENTION****

Due to overwhelming volume, and in an effort to keep up with processing, K-VAR will not be taking any more orders this week.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We promise we are working hard to get caught up. All current orders are being handled as quickly as possible, but please allow at least 10 days for processing and shipping.

For information regarding an order that has already been placed, please e-mail us at customerservice@k-var.com. To send us information pertaining to your order, such as dealer FFL for transfer or e-check payment, please fax us at 702-307-2303 or e-mail us at customerservice@k-var.com. We thank you for your continued patience in the unprecedented circumstance.

Thanks,

K-VAR Corp.

#4 ·
Apex just sent out a order today, I called about on christmas eve,

brownells I practically out of Ar extras, so is Midway,

centerfire sent me a e-mail telling me one item is backordered and they are not honoring back orders.

RTG is also flooded, they were out of the Polish 223 used mags (more coming???) so I got 2 new ones at $38 a piece, that was the price last month.
DSA took my order for a ar upper then two days later told me a mid february delivery date???? maybe

ar uppers are going for $700 to 1000 used??? on ar-15 com

getting crazy

#5 ·
i spoke to Rguns the other day there swamped turned there phones off so they can actualy process orders has there website crash due to overload. an despite all this they still called me from a email on a wrong part issue an promised to fix it. ill buy from them again. the gal said there store front was pretty much empty.

a buddy did manage to get a AR at a normal price two days ago at a shop.

I hope all this frenzy is unwarrented but i fear not.

#12 ·
weldingmachine

I have never seen a phenomenon like this with any product (except maybe Elmo).
Making 08 look like a cakewalk..
Was it this crazy in 94'? Or was it more of a surprise when it happened back then?
No not this bad in 94. Don't listen to Bluejack, he just bought a 100ft yacht.:rofl:
Never buy during a panic, hell get a bow and arrows if you have to..
Just sit back and watch this show..
Manufactures are producing these products, they just ran out of 24/7 work days. They can not keep up with the panic.
Now think on this one. It is not the collectors who previously purchased who are panicking. Probably is the idiots who voted for Nappie head..
Florida now, after the 94 panic people were giving guns away, they needed money not guns..
2004 or whenever they elected the idiot? same thing.. Panic buy sell.
Not condoning illegal acts or illegal laws the idiots may pass.
After this panic cools down, impending inevitable depression not recession.
These panic buyers will be selling guns for food money for pennies on the dollar.
Bet a case of beer on that..

#11 ·
weldingmachine - this is crazier than '94. At least from what I remember. :)

#15 ·
No worries here,, I've got more rounds on stock than any of the suppliers combined now days. Reloading supplies are up to snuff too >20k+ projectiles cast, and store bought ones,,>80lbs+ of mixed powders, >5K+ each of all flavors of primers, and about 600-700lbs lead for future casting, about 20 different bullet molds,>10K gas checks. Just about every popular caliber of dies known to man. I guess I'm OK for now.

But then I've been reloading for well over 45 years so I've had a chance to get a head start on most people just getting in the sport. I can't imagine what it would cost to gear up to the level I'm at now,,,, TONS !! I'm sure.

I feel bad for someone trying to take the family out to the range for a day of can slaying now like we used to. When my kids were growing up,, myself too for that matter, 2 K,, or more, was the norm for a days worth of shooting at the range. Now days that would be a months mortgage payment for most folks,, crazy!!!

I've said right along that the gun control is going to be a mute point when you can't get ammo anymore,, and here it is folks, just as I predicted. Or at least it looks like it at this point.

This sport is just going to get more and more expensive and with more restrictive gun laws coming down the pike, few people will be able to break into the sport. And if cost keep up as there going, less people will even want to give it a try.

When I was a kid getting ready to go to Camp Perry, every day was a practice day at the range for a month ahead of time, dusting off at least 6-800rnds of 06 and 308 per day. What to Hell would that cost to do that now??? Scary!!! My shooting has slacked off pretty good now, especially sense there's hardly any place left to shoot. A few hundred a week max now in the summer,, winter I'm busy fishing most of the time. And reloading of course, my mode is shoot all summer and reload all winter.

On that note, it's time to get busy and drop some more cases in the tumbler and trim up some other case's for hunting loads. Got a bunch that needs to get done up, about half a summer's worth of hand gun, "major caliber" stuff mostly and a few hundred 06 , 308,& 6.5x55 left to do. Pretty much caught up now. It's ice fishing time ya know, don't want to interupt that!!

#17 ·
LOL--4th is right, the USA is in full panic mode.

time to sit back and have a drink --watch the rats and vermin scurry around--

had people headed the dire warnings that we have been posting here at gunco for the last few years they would be at least mostly stocked up at the bare minimum.

it is WORSE than previous ban panics , probably the worst i have EVER seen in the USA-- and i am getting old.

but you all remember --president Obamma will go down in history as the best president ever!

they be building gigantic monuments to his glory IF they can get the illegal aliens to accept our deflated Obamma dollars---

now i was better prepared and stocked than ever before--

but i saw the liberal light and dyed my hair orange! tossed all my firearms in the river--those EVIL things! LOL--

now i am a smoking da shit and dancing with the unicorns all night!

and a do have that bridge i want to sell--it goes to da 21st century!

you think this is bad?-- i am afraid we ain't seen nothing to what were gonna see in the next 4 years--

#18 ·
you think this is bad?-- i am afraid we ain't seen nothing to what were gonna see in the next 4 years--

you got that right, see! they want to take the assualt rifles away, so when the sh*t hits the fan there will be less resistance, well armed troops & cops against muzzleloaders and bolt action deer rifles.

if you are not stocked up by now, its too late!!!

I just got a e-mail for Midway sales, ALL 223 projectiles are sold out gee what a shock

#20 · (Edited)
Nah zoom....

Me and my Bro Musibike want beer.. :rofl:
All kidding aside, this panic. Most of us here are set... All it will do, temporarily, is slow down target practice as twa mentioned.. Relax, wait, calm down..
Now, my neighbor is a Combat Vet.. I talk with him.. Interesting Man good stories..
God forbid and I really pray it never happens.. If the SHTF..
He told me they had 20 round mags, with 19 rounds in each.. Now for Gods sake this is in a war zone..
They, the Grunts, carried a bit less than 300 rounds, plus other implements of destruction.. That is all that was needed..
Unless your holed up in the Alamo, with Santana's Army attacking..
Re-supply, well sometimes.. But move and get the hell out of there if you can and your ammo is low..
You do not need 10,000 rounds, unless your planning on playing John Wayne.
"Hold here, we will be right back for yah. Yah right." :rofl:
This panic will pass. Let the Nappy voters buy..

#22 ·
target practice won't slow down to much - it will just be more plinking with 22 lr. Thank God for buying those federal bulk packs back when they were around $10 for 550. :D

It seems everywhere I've looked is just about sold out of 22 LR. The Gander Mountain in Lansing, MI has 900 round plastic ammo cans of cci stingers and they also have some of the choot 'em swamp edition 375 round boxes of 22 lr mini mags still in stock as of yesterday afternoon - but my thoughts are those are still in stock because they aren't in the same area as where the rest of the 22 LR should be. They also had cci plastic cans of 17hmr. So for those looking, check out the endcaps or other displays and you might find what you're looking for. :)

#24 ·
Hey 4th, remember me wanting to build a shortie AR after Christmas? Bad timing on my part,LOL! I was able to secure a complete lower from Simply Tactical here in town. Its on its way. But as far as the rest of the parts go I'm pretty much SOL. If anybodys got a 10-11" bbl for sale let me know. If not I'll take your advise and sit back with a beer and watch the show.

#25 · (Edited)
if i was really hurting for a barrel right now i would check over at sportsmans guide they had some 16" barrels for $89 --you can probably get a discount code and get at least another $10 off. (if they got any left--they did last time i looked)

then it is hacksaw, re-crown and tap threads to your length.

there are a few barrels left at M&A parts --but man their pricy-- like $250--

there are still a few parts around --even the little things from oddball vendors are running out this time.

you might get a LMT from matt D tactical -- upper for retail (about $475) expensive for a bare upper but very high quality part.

LMT

looks like they only got 16" and 14.5" left and a few goober expensive piston jobs--

the irony is an expensive tier one as the mall-ninjas say at its inflated retail price is NOW THE the "deal"-- man has the world turned upside down--LOL!

#32 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.