Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: "Would you shoot?"

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

kind of like asking an attack dog not to bite ain't it?--LOL!

Feedback Score

I guess I am at a loss to understand the attitude of those with a concealed carry pistol not stepping up and shooting this guy if he starts firing. Or from cover telling him to freeze and drop it and if he makes any aggressive move then dropping him.

Aren't you the same guys that wanted teachers armed to rpotect their students? If they followed your tactical plan they would look at the students, say have a nice day and leave them as they evacuated the building. And YES, it is EXACTLY the same thing. No teacher has an obligation to die to protect your kids, you may not like the sound of that but it is 100% true. Look at what teachers did at Sandy Hook to protect their students and got killed for it. Yet you, with a gun, would leave the scenario you painted and let the gunman kill as many as he could before either someone else stepped up or the cops arrived and he was stopped by them or killed himself.

I have to ask you how you would feel if you wife, son, daughter, mom, whatever was walking down that street and was shot by that gunman and someone there had the ability to stop it and said "Not my problem" and slunk off...
    Last edited by FyredUp; 01-01-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    Perhaps so. But the bluster by many here seems to be just that, nothing more than bluster. If someone with a concealed carry handgun has the tactical advantage of being able to take down the shooter and chooses to RUN away what else is there to be said about it?

Look, I am not saying go all OK Corral on him by standing in front of him and saying "DRAW!" But if you have an opportunity to stop them and you don't why even carry? I just don't understand some of you here with the "I can't wait" attitude and then when a situation arises where you could have a positive outcome, and further a positive outcome showing how concealed carry saves lives, you would choose to run away.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by weldingmachine View Post
    As much as I would like to leave the sheep to their own devices, I would feel compelled to help.
    I have a wife & a daughter. I would hope that if the SHTF any man worth his salt would help them if they needed it.
    I would have to do the same.
    If you already have a bead on him, and he doesn't know you are there, command him to "FREEZE"
    He is going to do 1 of 3 things:
    1. He'll Run. Just let the perp go. Threat is gone.
    2. He'll Look at you & realize that he has no hope & surrenders.
    3. He'll start shooting. You know what to do at this point, you already have him in your sights.
    Just my $.02 of course.
    Perfectly stated! Nothing I can add to this.
    Tony

Visit my new blog and photography website
    Tony's Mad As Hell Blog
    www.photographicendeavors.com

NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Perhaps so. But the bluster by many here seems to be just that, nothing more than bluster. If someone with a concealed carry handgun has the tactical advantage of being able to take down the shooter and chooses to RUN away what else is there to be said about it?

Look, I am not saying go all OK Corral on him by standing in front of him and saying "DRAW!" But if you have an opportunity to stop them and you don't why even carry? I just don't understand some of you here with the "I can't wait" attitude and then when a situation arises where you could have a positive outcome, and further a positive outcome showing how concealed carry saves lives, you would choose to run away.
    You're painting with a pretty broad brush here, which as i recall, is something you often accuse others here of doing.

At the end of the day I not willing to be crucified on the cross of the immoral and ridiculous courts that all to many times follow "justified" shootings for a bunch of people i do not know.

Just to be clear, i do not carry outside of my personal property or property that i am authorized to be on. My state has seen fit to require a myriad of hoops and procedures and financial burdens that one must jump through to obtain a CHL.

Feedback Score

i still can exercise the right and i would for strangers.
    i like what weldingmachine said
    "hope that if the shtf any man worth his salt would help them if they needed it"

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    You're painting with a pretty broad brush here, which as i recall, is something you often accuse others here of doing.

Nope, I was specifically NOT trying to single anyone out. No broad brush.

At the end of the day I not willing to be crucified on the cross of the immoral and ridiculous courts that all to many times follow "justified" shootings for a bunch of people i do not know.

Then DON'T carry a gun because what makes you think you won't be crucified if that same guy sees you coming pulls a gun on you and then you shoot him dead? Seems like nothing but execuses on why not to act.

Just to be clear, i do not carry outside of my personal property or property that i am authorized to be on. My state has seen fit to require a myriad of hoops and procedures and financial burdens that one must jump through to obtain a CHL.

So it seems you are saying it is more trouble than it is worth...
    I just don't understand SOME of you on this website. Crusade for ccw and then don't use it because you might get sued? Really??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I just don't understand SOME of you on this website. Crusade for ccw and then don't use it because you might get sued? Really??
    Having a CCW or carrying for your OWN protection has nothing to do with running to the aid of other people. Pretty sure that was the point of the OP and this thread.

I don't understand what you are not understanding.

Feedback Score

o.d. ak i have a hunch you would probably be whistling a different tune if it was one of your friends or family that was about to be violated.
    i dont know anyone you know but no law would stop me from doing the right thing to protect yours. i would even carry illegally there in south west missouri, just looking out for ya. stay safe.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.