Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: "Would you shoot?"

Feedback Score

For me and the close quarters combat training Uncle Sam gave me, I'd see if the perp fulfilled the deadly force triangle. Which the deadly force triangle consists of; 1.capability, if the perp has a weapon, i.e. gun, he has the capability, 2. intent, does the perp have the intent to use the capability, and finally, 3. opportunity, does the perp have the opportunity to cause destruction or harm to others. If the person fulfills all three of those points to the deadly force triangle, I will use deadly force. As my instructors used to say, Would you rather be judged by twelve or carried by six?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by o.d. ak View Post
    whatever helps you sleep at night...
    Apparently nonsensical blather helps you sleep...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

since it was mentioned in the first post of this thread

I am a graduate of Massad Ayoobs, Lethal Force Insitute (LFI)
    I spend a week with this man and a good amount of money, besides the Police acadamy training I had in the late 70"s

these "what if" posts bore the hell out of me, there is not a "what if"

once you have drawn your weapon, its either shoot or get sued and its shoot to kill by the way

there is a thousand reasons not to involve yourself, unless you or you immediate family or distant cousin is involved stay out of it
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    since it was mentioned in the first post of this thread
    these "what if" posts bore the hell out of me, there is not a "what if"
    I couldn't agree more.
    once you have drawn your weapon, its either shoot or get sued and its shoot to kill by the way
    I always figured that when your weapon is drawn, it's a last resort step that includes firing and ends with putting the damned thing back in it's holster, otherwise, it's "brandishing" and WILL get you killed.
    there is a thousand reasons not to involve yourself, unless you or you immediate family or distant cousin is involved stay out of it
    Exactly. My firearm is to protect me and mine. With my luck, if I came to the aid of somebody is a situation such as this, there would be some anti-gun Nazi telling the cops that I was involved. I have always figured that my first line weapon is my cell phone and my side arm to be secondary.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Pondered a bit before posting,,,,,phone first then if I was personally swung on by the perp,,, you betcha,, I'd smoke them in a heart beat,, otherwise stand down from cover and wait to see what happens while on the phone with the PD. If someone's life is in imanent danger or the perp is totally out of control and you really fear for someones safty,,it would be totally a judgment call on my part depending on circumstances,,, outwardly I would have to say no,,,,, but it's a what if senario,,so couldn't say for sure. I'd really have to be there and be trapped to make that determination with any certainty.

I wouldn't let smoking some crook bother me in the least,, plenty of confirmed's under my belt already to answer for, it's totally dependent on the situation I guess.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by charliehorse View Post
    Exactly. My firearm is to protect me and mine. With my luck, if I came to the aid of somebody is a situation such as this, there would be some anti-gun Nazi telling the cops that I was involved. I have always figured that my first line weapon is my cell phone and my side arm to be secondary.
    And what if you protect you and yours and that very same anti-gun Nazi says YOU started it?

All I am seeing from most of you is carry to feel really cool but don't use your gun because you will either be arrested or sued.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

you see why these "what if" posts don't work. Mr FU keeps telling me, he got or getting training. well if he had training, he would not be posting stupid replies

I said it before and I will say it again, get training and I mean the best money can buy or don't carry concealed

and to all the armchair experts who have a shotgun at home, you are not trained, the scumbags will be doing your wife and child in a heartbeat. if you don't have the best in training your working your way to court or the grave.

if you are trained by the best you don't need to worry about jail or shooting someone

there are a number of really good outfits that provide training and then the are million bullshit companies, ask around, look the training guy up. I continually take courses from a various individuals and they are good. when i say I am a LFI graduate, they immediately know I have been trained by the best. My police acadamy training is very old and outdated (we trained with revolvers), if I used that training now I could get hurt or someone else

oh two more things
    watch "Best Defense" on the outdoor channel
    Join the "Armed Citizens Network" $ 80 a year
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score

Now that would be a good list to compile, the best instructors and classes, for the different regions in the country. Simuntion is a great training device, it is what we used at the NCB course in Mayport, FL. I'd try to find a place that utilizes that as well as the more traditional stuff.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I feel the same way sprat does training is the key. I'm an old fart and what I ,,don't know,, in today's world could get me in chit!! My street smarts are from 40+ years ago,, lots of new games out there now.

Sorry FU ,, the very last thing i'd want to do is to try to look all MR Cool,, I stay as inconspicious as possible and do my best to stay connsealed if that's the mode I'm in. Most of the time I'm carrying open sense I'm out hunting, picking arrow heads or just out and about in the woods hunting. And pretty much know every store owner within 100 miles so going into the store open carry isn't an issue,

"flat lander's" on the other hand seem to get a bit tweaked sometimes ,,

Never used to be an issue, and so far isn't still,,, but still, IMO,,,what the sheeple don't see,, won't scare um,,,,Right???

And it just may cover some one of there sorry ass's someday too.

So on that note,,, has anyone had any experiance with or know anything about the Mass Firearms Schools in Holliston Mass.?? I came across there site and wanted to do some inquiries but wanted input from anyone that many know something about them. It looks like a real nice facility with all the bells and whistles and by the look for pretty reasonable $$ for trainning offered.

Some brushing up and learning the laws better and to get some modern tequnices down,,, wouldn't hurt anything, been many years sense Nam and combat training and LEO training with the Forest Service. That was years ago and it is way different that street training and learning what the laws are now. Well and ulitmately,,, and get my carry permit,,, never needed one before in VT,, but maybe a good call now.

Hopefully with that and my service record it will keep the gun grabbers at bay,,,,, at least till the next genartion of them comes along,, already had all the FBI checks several times,, should be all good to go, just needs updating.

Sprat is right,, what ya don't know is what will hurt ya and training will help keep you out of trouble all the way around. I never really carried for protection,, per se',, when I worked in the bar ,, ya,,I was responsible for getting big bucks in the bank, so I did,, mostly I just spent so much of my life in the woods in one way or another,,carrying is just second nature to me,, and half the time I totally forget I am armed. And I ,,,almost,,, inadvertantley drove into NY one time thinking about this Michigan/Creamy joint just across the bridge from work,,,, OOPS!!!!! That would not have been good !!(understatement !) Had my Maddi with 4 ,,30 rounders in the trunk too!! Worse !!

Feedback Score

I'll bow out of this conversation.

But I will leave with this. I could not, in good conscience walk away doing nothing, from an active shooter situation, while armed with a concealed carry weapon.

You opinion may vary. Have a nice evening!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.