Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Selling ammo locally?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

okay rethought the price. $120.00
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by downunderYUGO View Post
    okay rethought the price. $120.00
    That is about right.

I just sold off 8,000 rounds of 7.62x39, on 10 round strippers, and in bandoleers, in Ammo Cans. I did this on consignment at a local gun shop, and paid them 10% of the selling price. I ended up getting about $0.21 per round when all was said and done. Given that my cost was probably $0.09 per round, I feel pretty good about that.

Fun Fact: The buyer contacted me through the gun shop to ask what else I might have. He wanted to know why I was selling all of this ammo. I told him that I no longer own any 7.62x39 firearms. I sold them all off over the last several years. I just outgrew them is all. He was very thankful, and ended up buying all of the rest of my AK mag loaders, strippers, chest pouches, cleaning kits, etc. So, two happy campers.

You may want to see if any gun shops in your area does this kind of selling. It really worked out great for me.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score

Bellson is right on this one. They will help you do stuff, and send stuff your way.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for all the great advise. Much appreciated!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I brought a case lot of all new in the wrapper Colt AR mags , 1 gross,,to one of the local shops I do business with regularly 3 days ago and they just called me this morning and asked if I had any more!! WOW,, that didn't take long.

They sold them ,,ALL,, for 30 ea,,in 2 1/2 days,,,,, holly shit. Made some bucks on those baby's,, I only paid 4 for them when I bought them, and they took 10% for selling them. Wish I had more now !!!! Good margin.

Getting crazy!!!! Never thought I'd see the day an AR mag would sell for 30 bucks ea !!!!! Holly Crap!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.