Gunco Forums banner

Obama's secret plan to reclassify your guns

1K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  2ndAmendican 
#1 ·
Obama's secret plan to reclassify your guns

Snippit:

President Obama, congressional Democrats and even some Republicans plan to push new gun-control legislation in the 113th Congress, but defenders of the Second Amendment fear Obama is poised to enact the restrictions through the Executive Branch if Congress is not cooperative.

John M. Snyder heads GunRightsPolicies.org and has worked for organizations from the National Rifle Association to the Second Amendment Foundation and the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. He said Obama and his allies have already chartered what regulatory course to pursue through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, or ATF.

“We have some confidential information that he may order the ATF to reclassify certain models of semi-automatic firearms as Title 2 guns under the Gun Control Act of 1968,” Snyder told WND. “What this would mean is that people could not obtain these without going through a terribly difficult process that includes registration of each firearm and paying a severe fee for the ownership of each one.”

Snyder said an even more drastic approach from Obama would be to try to ban semiautomatic weapons altogether.

“Also, there is the possibility that the administration could try to declare that semi-automatic firearms are fully automatic firearms or machine guns under this Title 2, in which case they would be banned because of an amendment that’s on the books, the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Snyder is referring to what’s known as the Hughes Amendment, which forbids the acquisition of any new fully automatic weapons or machine guns.

The possible strategy is not a new idea, according to Snyder. He said liberal groups have advocated the move for years, but Democrats have been reluctant to pursue it because of the massive public backlash that will ensue.

“This is an ongoing project of theirs, and they use a lot of these tragedies to try to advance their cause in a public relations sense. So far they’ve been unable to do that,” said Snyder. “It appears that the public is catching on to them and they know what their game plan is, generally speaking. So a lot depends on their frustration, the political situation at the time and a number of other factors, too.”

Even if the Obama administration were to bypass Congress by imposing new regulations, there is still one card left for pro-Second Amendment forces to play: The House of Representatives could remove funding for the ATF or abolish it completely. But would the House GOP actually do that? Snyder is confident it would.

“I wouldn’t be surprised. I think the House is really furious with the president,” Snyder said. “The Republicans would like to cut budgets of the federal government because they think the federal government is taking too much money and spending too much money, and a good place for them to cut would be in the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms. If there is strong enough public support against the activities of the federal government, the House of Representatives will develop a plan to slash the budget of the agency. I think it’s a real possibility.

Read more at Obama’s secret plan to reclassify your guns

Black Blade: This morning word came out of the White House that if Congress does not pass new gun control legislation by the end of the year he would "pursue executive action". As we know, he's saying he will be scribbling out Executive Orders.

See less See more
#4 ·
If Obama were stupid enough to try to ban semi automatics by executive order there would be rebellion. he would be stepping onto many toes at 1 time. he would be stepping into the domain of sportsman and hunters and the average Joe.
Personally I would love to see him try to do something That big. this message needs to come to a boiling head before they chip away at too many of our rights and there's nothing left to take away.

#7 ·
That's a great idea just reclassify the guns. The same way they reclassified prisons. Just lower their category and you can lay off some guards (don't do anything to lower the amount of prisoners) it can just be a lower category on paper where it really matters.

There was a thing called the Constitution once and it limited the powers of the federal government now it is being used to limit our powers as the governed. The best thing about it is they use our tax mney to pay for their extremely good lawyers to do it. It confuses me because if I wanted to coach a football team I am required to read, recite, and understand the rules of the game or at least the league I coach in and the referees (SCOTUS) are supposed to be the true experts who know the rules better than I do so they can make sure the game is payed fairly and the coaches are adhereing to the rules...

Now the coach is saying screw the refs if they don't agree with me, screw the players, the rules, the fans, the playing field... I'm gonna do things my way and here is an unmanned drone loaded with hellfires if you don't like it... Ok a little extreme.

But hey... As long as the ill-informed feel safer because daddy is taking care of them. The fact of the matter is Rome is burning. The loner these politicians act in the interests of self and their lobbyist agendas the worse things get for THE MAJORITY of America. But many don't know and are ignorant to the fact that the Constitution they know little about is being pissed and sh*t on and it sort of smells like kool-aid and K9.

Well just bacause many don't read or understand it because it was either study the founding documents of our government or see if Snooki actually wakes up and discovers she doesn't matter, doesn't mean none of us understand it. Executive order is threatened and Congress will throw up their hands (apperently they are the ones watching Snooki) The GOP needs to wake the hell up or at least stay out of the way of a real political movement who isn't afraid to read, understand, and coach the rule book.

Gun Control is and has been the beginning of the end for many of societies in our history. If our politicians keep this crap up US History will be nothing more than an elective being taught in Chinese high schools. like every nutritionist says "Garbage in, Garbage out!"

#8 ·
i vote to impeach the president for TREASON and SEDITION.

#1 giving arms to mexican drug cartels and blaming the us citizens under a false flag operation which resulted in the deaths of US citizens, mexican citizens and federal agents.

then a cover up of the facts where various government officers were bribed to look the other way.

#2 giving arms including jet fighters to known enemys of the united states. assisting the enemy by offering training, education and spare parts for military hardware.

#3 using his office to attack the constitution of the united states and erode the armed forces and doing harm to the united states by changing US policy to favor US enemys abroad and illegally funding enemy states who openly attack US forces and who openly want to destroy the united states of america and our allies. enemys who support open terrorism against the US its assets and its citizens.

#4 openly raiding the US treasury , printing excess money , and allowing wall-street investment banking to openly loot the economy by printing worthless stock paper while borrowing hard currency provided through the us government backed banking system against its inflated worth.

#5 recklessly and wastefully spending .

#6 filling the nation with illegal aliens and encouraging them to participate in voter fraud in his re-election bid.

any more we need to add to the list??

#12 ·
This new world puppet is going to bring the collapse of this one great nation.
So sad to see what we as a nation have fallen from.

#13 ·
Amen Bill !!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.