Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Prez to consider executive order

  1. #21
    Gunco Member riflecrankdotcom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    51
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    They can put ink too paper all they want.. Once done, now what the hell do they do?
    It's real simple. If it comes to a ban on whatever class of weapons, they will do exactly as they have always done: make possession a felony, then arrest anyone caught with one. Huge fine, maybe some jail time, and a felony record for life. How will they catch them? same old "public safety" road blocks, traffic stops, called to a residence for whatever reason, search for "officer safety" and they see something illegal, etc.
    I don't know why everyone assumes a ban means they will try to go door to door. There is no need. If it is a felony to own an AR-15 and you own one, when and where are you going to shoot it?
    They made Street Sweeper revolving shotguns NFA items several years ago. Where was the uprising then? Most people don't seem to have even noticed.
    NFA passed in 1934, and America was much closer to what it is supposed to be then than it is now. Uprising?
    US v. Miller, 1939. Uprising?
    GCA, 1968. Uprising?
    Hughes Amendment, 1986. Uprising?
    AWB, 1994. Uprising?
    Waco. Ruby Ridge. Need I go on?

    The first time a cop shoots an American over an unconstitutional law, nothing is going to happen. I know that because it has already happened, thousands of times over. The cops haven't refused to enforce unconstitutional laws, and the citizenry hasn't risen up when those laws were passed, nor when they were enforced. I predict that a ban on one class of weapons, or all classes of weapons will cause neither an uprising nor a refusal to continue paying the oppressors in the form of fees and taxes.

    It will be just like in England. And then a few years later, just like in England, there will be a call to ban pocket knives. And people will take that lying down too, while continuing to dutifully pay their fees and taxes and vote for the next set of "lesser of two evils" candidates.

  2. #22
    Gunco Regular mg555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    442
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riflecrankdotcom View Post
    It's real simple. If it comes to a ban on whatever class of weapons, they will do exactly as they have always done: make possession a felony, then arrest anyone caught with one. Huge fine, maybe some jail time, and a felony record for life. How will they catch them? same old "public safety" road blocks, traffic stops, called to a residence for whatever reason, search for "officer safety" and they see something illegal, etc.
    I don't know why everyone assumes a ban means they will try to go door to door. There is no need. If it is a felony to own an AR-15 and you own one, when and where are you going to shoot it?
    They made Street Sweeper revolving shotguns NFA items several years ago. Where was the uprising then? Most people don't seem to have even noticed.
    NFA passed in 1934, and America was much closer to what it is supposed to be then than it is now. Uprising?
    US v. Miller, 1939. Uprising?
    GCA, 1968. Uprising?
    Hughes Amendment, 1986. Uprising?
    AWB, 1994. Uprising?
    Waco. Ruby Ridge. Need I go on?

    The first time a cop shoots an American over an unconstitutional law, nothing is going to happen. I know that because it has already happened, thousands of times over. The cops haven't refused to enforce unconstitutional laws, and the citizenry hasn't risen up when those laws were passed, nor when they were enforced. I predict that a ban on one class of weapons, or all classes of weapons will cause neither an uprising nor a refusal to continue paying the oppressors in the form of fees and taxes.

    It will be just like in England. And then a few years later, just like in England, there will be a call to ban pocket knives. And people will take that lying down too, while continuing to dutifully pay their fees and taxes and vote for the next set of "lesser of two evils" candidates.
    This Im afraid, is the sad truth.

  3. #23
    White Cracker 4thIDvet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Swamp Florida
    Posts
    11,973
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

    Default riflecrankdotcom

    "AWB, 1994. Uprising?
    Waco. Ruby Ridge. Need I go on?"

    Welcome too the forum rifle, good points, interesting and well made.

    AWB 1994- Their was just as many banned weapons and mags for sale, as before the ban.. Price just went up and people made a fortune on the pre-ban weapons.. I bought mags at the fun shows for $10 each all day long.
    Kits $59 delivered too your home. Ammo 1000 round case $79 delivered too your home.. Uprising, why? The ban did nothing but stop Chinese weapons.

    Waco- The media fooled the people into believing the ATF was attacking a nut case.. Sheriff in town begged them to stop the attack.
    "For God's sake, what the hell are you guys doing. I am on the phone with him. Why the hell did you just not knock?
    Maybe he was a nut case, but they learned a valuable lesson, push people to far, they shoot back.

    1968- Govt gave 19 year old kids machine guns and unlimited implements of destruction. Sent them off too a foreign land, Millions died.. Minds at the time were elsewhere. Last thing the average American gave a damn about, was full autos..

    Waco, Ruby Ridge- Remember the friggen idiot Timothy McVeigh?
    Murrah Federal Building, Oklahoma city, 1995? Reprisal for Waco and Ruby Ridge.
    168 dead, 680 injured, 324 buildings destroyed within a 16 block area..
    May he rot in hell for his sins..

    1930s Laws- I cannot answer. People were literally starving and jumping out of windows. War was looming, illegal alcohol laws were ignored and booze was flowing. Mr. Capone had not trouble getting full autos.

    Orlando Florida- A few weekends ago..Gun show.. 8,000 people in line to get in. They had to give 4,000 tickets too people, to get in the next day.
    Vendors sold out in hours, had to restock and come back the next day.

    Fiscal Cliff- Our country is on the verge of bankruptcy.. Gun ban. Bet your house they want guns gone.. Anyone think those people are buying guns for collection? When the food riots start, they are going to need them..

    Wally World- Yesterday.. I cruised by the sporting goods section just to watch the show.. Two guys were on the verge of a fist fight over the last box of ammo they wanted.. A Police Officer was called and broke it up, before things got ugly..

    Gun ban laws- They learned their lessons well from the last ban. Now they are going for broke.. People turning their weapons in, confiscation?
    Read the letter the Marine sent Feinwit.
    "You work for me, I protect you.. You want my guns, come git em."

    Sorry about the book here.. I really really pray your post is correct.
    But I really really fear this is going to get ugly, this time..
    I am going too my roof to watch this show.. Good luck out there.
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 04-23-2013 at 03:26 AM.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781


  4. #24
    Gunco Addicted for life j427x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,864
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Default

    it is all a power grab by the government as an excuse to make bigger government.

    this nation i am afraid is turning into a third world socialist police state.

  5. #25
    Devout Enemy Of The Left lsmurphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    42
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Default

    Any EO will be a regulation directive.

    Look for taxes on ammo.
    It took an idiot to vote for a clown.

    Your enemy is Domestic.

  6. #26
    Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Missouri/ Ark border
    Posts
    6,019
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lsmurphy View Post
    Any EO will be a regulation directive.

    Look for taxes on ammo.
    And no mail order ammo & no imports of surplus ammo & no .50 BMG ammo,etc.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

  7. #27
    Gunco Addicted for life j427x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8,864
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

    Default

    it is all a part of being that new "minority" of straight white folks that work and pay bills.

    you get discriminated against by the government authoritys. even though you pay the governments bills.

    obamma is like a spoiled brat with his daddys credit card , blowing money on the wind yet defying his daddys call to shore up and be a man for once.

  8. #28
    Gunco Regular PuppyChow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    877
    Feedback Score
    0

    Default

    and what exactly can BO do with an executive order other then cut off imports like shrub the first did ?

  9. #29
    GuncoHolic 2ndAmendican's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Taylors, S.C.
    Posts
    4,257
    Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    it is all a part of being that new "minority" of straight white folks that work and pay bills.

    you get discriminated against by the government authoritys. even though you pay the governments bills.

    obamma is like a spoiled brat with his daddys credit card , blowing money on the wind yet defying his daddys call to shore up and be a man for once.
    Amen 427!!!!!!!!!!! Middle aged, straight, white, and employed full time is unfortunately a dying breed thanks to the government and the media. I am tired of being the minority nowadays. I worked something like 600 hours of OVERTIME last year. The government taxed me almost the entire amount that I earned off of that overtime. Now Obamacare is costing me $75.00 more a week for my insurance, the gov is taxing me to death, not to mention the fact that you have to then take what little is left of your income after tax, and pay for goods/services that are further taxed. Now he/they want our guns. Sorry, it aint gonna happen. That's my line in the sand.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

    "If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

  10. #30
    Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Missouri/ Ark border
    Posts
    6,019
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

    Default

    Well, since most of the Mexicans are up here getting free EVERYTHING. Maybe we could go take over Mexico & implement the (former) U.S. constitution.
    I bet what's left of Mexican nationals would love it. Then we could get free rifles from the ATF, be warm, climb pyramids & have all kinds of fun.

    The drug gangs could just move up here where the business is.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •