Gunco Forums banner

Prez to consider executive order

4K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Abukai08 
#1 ·
#3 ·
"As the president said, if you're actions result in only saving one life, they're worth taking. But I'm convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of americans and take thousands of people out of harm's way if we act responsibly."

Tell that to the families of Bryan Terry and the American lost in Benghazi.

#4 ·
Obama has nothing to lose and he will demand everything he wants, the country be damned. I predict his arrogance is going to cost him dearly some day.

#6 ·
VZ...

From a Law Enforcement perspective, if I can ask Sir?
I avoid anti Police threads like the plague.. Oh hell half my neighbors who are beer sipping brews with me, are either active or retired, we talk.. After work of-course.. :wink:
One bad L.O. dose not reflect all. Period..
But. If you wish, how do you think this bill Feinstein wants to pass will work?
My feelings are, I pray for any young Officer who has too enforce her illegal laws.
Passing her incredible laws and enforcing them are two different worlds..
These kids are going too get hurt.. It will NOT work..
Whiten reason, what say you...??
One war was enough for me. I pray no more..

#8 ·
From a Law Enforcement perspective, if I can ask Sir?
I avoid anti Police threads like the plague.. Oh hell half my neighbors who are beer sipping brews with me, are either active or retired, we talk.. After work of-course.. :wink:
One bad L.O. dose not reflect all. Period..
But. If you wish, how do you think this bill Feinstein wants to pass will work?
My feelings are, I pray for any young Officer who has too enforce her illegal laws.
Passing her incredible laws and enforcing them are two different worlds..
These kids are going too get hurt.. It will NOT work..
Whiten reason, what say you...??
One war was enough for me. I pray no more..

Agreed 4th. I don't endorse anything like that happening, but from a realist standpoint I am curious as to what would happen if ONE law abiding American got popped by the police during an attempted confiscation. Talk about martyr. That might be the straw that broke the camel's back. I don't know, but let's just hope the politicians remember who they work for and make the right decision regardless of the desire of some to pick and choose which rights they feel like supporting.

#10 ·
adolph sent 6 million jews and millions of others to their death by "executive order" as well--

was not it congress job to limit the power of the white house?

having the president become a dictator by executive order is something expressly forbidden by the constitution.

maybe our politicians don't know what their office is supposed to do?

#11 ·
I told you guys this clown was going to do this or attempt to do this after the election
two prominate members here said NEVER happen, at first I thought they were trying make me look bad, then and now I am came to the conclusion, they are not a savy as I thought

#13 ·
SO WERE THERE ANY ONE WHO HAD SAVED THERE LIFE WITH A GUN AT THE MEETING OR STOPPED A CRIME??????????
MAKING NATIONAL POLICY BASED ON WAHY VICTEMS FAIMLYS SAY IS REDICULAS AN ALSO BIASED.
I TRUELY FEEL DESCRIMINTED AGAINST. HOW ABOUT HEY GET ALL THE PEOLE WH HAVE BEEN MUGGED , ROBBED RAPED WHO WISH THAY HAD A GUN TO DEFNED THEM SELVES TO SPEACK AS WELL??????????????

Follow:

Joe Biden , White House, Gun Control, Video, National Rifle Association, Gun Violence, Joe Biden Gun Group, Nra, Vice President Joe Biden, Politics News

The Associated Press/The Huffington Post

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Vice President Joe Biden on Wednesday heard personal stories of gun violence from representatives of victims groups and gun-safety organizations as he drafts the Obama administration's response to the shooting at a Connecticut elementary school. He pledged that action would be taken.

"I want to make it clear that we are not going to get caught up in the notion (that) unless we can do everything we're going to do nothing," Biden said. "It's critically important (that) we act."

The meeting was part of a series Biden is holding this week to build consensus around proposals to curb gun violence after the Dec. 14 shooting in Newtown, Conn. Twenty school children were killed.

The Huffington Post has obtained additional details about the meeting from a White House Pool Report. Biden, according to the report, explained that "the president IS going to act." The White House has determined that "executive action can be taken," stated the Vice President. The specifics of that action have not yet been settled.

Biden meets Thursday with the National Rifle Association and other gun-owner groups. Meetings with representatives of the video-game and entertainment industries also are planned.

President Barack Obama wants Biden to deliver policy proposals by the end of the month. Obama has vowed to move swiftly on the package, which is expected to include legislative proposals and executive action.

Participants in Wednesday's meeting with Biden included the Brady Campaign to End Gun Violence and groups from Arizona, Illinois and Wisconsin, states with spates of gun violence that garnered national attention, including the shooting in Arizona of then-Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. Also present were two survivors of the 2007 shooting at Virginia Tech that killed 32 people, as well as a stepfather of a victim of last July's massacre at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., in which a dozen people were slain. Attorney General Eric Holder also attended.

But as the shock and sorrow over the Newtown, Conn., shooting fades, the tough fight facing the White House and gun-control backers is growing clearer. Gun-rights advocates, including the powerful NRA, are digging in against tighter gun restrictions, conservative groups are launching pro-gun initiatives and the Senate's top Republican has warned it could be spring before Congress begins considering any gun legislation.

"The biggest problem we have at the moment is spending and debt," Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said this week. "That's going to dominate the Congress between now and the end of March. None of these issues will have the kind of priority as spending and debt over the next two or three months."

The killing of 6- and 7-year-olds at Newtown's Sandy Hook Elementary School appeared to stir a deep reaction from the White House and Capitol Hill. Obama pushed gun control to the top of his domestic agenda for the first time and pledged to put the full weight of his presidency behind the issue. Some Republican and conservative lawmakers with strong gun-rights records also took the extraordinary step of calling for a discussion on new measures.

But other gun-rights advocates have shown less flexibility. The NRA has rejected stricter gun legislation and suggested instead that the government put armed guards in every U.S. school as a way to curb violence. A coalition of conservative groups is also organizing a "Gun Appreciation Day" to coincide with Obama's inauguration this month.

The president hopes to announce his administration's next steps to tackle gun violence shortly after he is sworn in for a second term on Jan. 21.

Obama wants Congress to reinstate a ban on military-style assault weapons, close loopholes that allow gun buyers to skirt background checks and restrict high-capacity magazines. Other recommendations to the Biden group include making gun-trafficking a felony, getting the Justice Department to prosecute people caught lying on gun background-check forms and ordering federal agencies to send data to the National Gun Background Check Database.

Some of those steps could be taken through executive action, without the approval of Congress. White House officials say Obama will not finalize any actions until receiving Biden's recommendations.

Gun-rights lawmakers and outside groups have insisted that any policy response also include an examination of mental health policies and the impact of violent movies and video games. To those people, the White House has pledged a comprehensive response.

"It is not a problem that can be solved by any specific action or single action that the government might take," said White House spokesman Jay Carney said. "It's a problem that encompasses issues of mental health, of education, as well as access to guns."

In addition to Biden's meetings this week, Education Secretary Arne Duncan will meet with parent and teacher groups, and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius will meet with mental health and disability advocates.

The White House said other meetings are also scheduled with community organizations, business owners and religious leaders.

___

Associated Press writer Darlene Superville contributed to this report

#17 ·
Understand vz...

Yes tough question I put on you.. Hell half my neighbors are either active or retired L.O.s. We sit and talk. They are pro weapon ownership in responsible people hands..
I just really really just do not want to see this get ugly and people get hurt..
To many guns out their vz, to many.. It is past the point of no return..
My God I went too Wally World yesterday for some .22 ammo.
Two guys were on the edge of punching each other over the last box of .30-30 ammo.. They had too call a Deputy to break it up, before it got ugly..
Young feller calmed them down.. Insane..
If the powers that be think people are going to line up, like Canada, England, or Australia, to register or turn in their weapons, their dreaming.
I will not put up the post, sight. But guys are already putting up pictures of themselves, with names address, phone numbers, holding weapons.
"Here we are, come get em."
They can put ink too paper all they want.. Once done, now what the hell do they do?
I repeat, one war was enough for me, I just really do not want to see anyone get hurt over this..

#16 ·
Obama wants Congress to reinstate a ban on military-style assault weapons, close loopholes that allow gun buyers to skirt background checks and restrict high-capacity magazines. Other recommendations to the Biden group include making gun-trafficking a felony, getting the Justice Department to prosecute people caught lying on gun background-check forms and ordering federal agencies to send data to the National Gun Background Check Database.

Total arrests to date for lying on background checks. ZERO, none, not one.
Felony and arrest for face too face sale of weapons.. Good luck, they will have to put half the country in jail..
Common sense must prevail. If you know some guy is an idiot and he wants to buy a weapon from you, avoid like the plague..
Either way, get an I.D. from them and make them sign a receipt..
If you sell someone your car and they injure someone in a DWI..
You have no control over their actions, once they buy the auto it becomes their responsibility..

#19 ·
You have no control over their actions, once they buy the auto it becomes their responsibility
in a lot of states your responsible for what happens with that auto until you have it removed from your name. in CA you have to let them know you sold it. if you don't an they don't register it an crash its still your baby. I can see gun ownership going the same way some one takes a un still registered in you name an missuses it your responsibility.

what's next liability insurance on our guns being mandatory?????

year ago dad sold a motorcycle an the guys crashed it into a car an took off running an never registered it in his name. my folks came really close to getting sued buy the guy who got hit. thankfully Mom took the guys name an number who bought it and they caught up to him . wish I had that little Hodaka ace 100 back it was a good bike for its time . I sold a vega an the guy abandoned it an the cops came knocking . Da tried to make me pay fines an towing . In CA the license plate stays with the car when you sell it.

Illegals will buy a clunker with fresh tags on it drive it unregistered an then sell it or abandon it when the registration is up.

WI we keep the plates when we sell a car really screws up the illegals as they cant drive it with out registering it.

I always get a name when I sell a car In WI.

do the plates stay with the car in Florida ??

#23 · (Edited)
riflecrankdotcom

"AWB, 1994. Uprising?
Waco. Ruby Ridge. Need I go on?"

Welcome too the forum rifle, good points, interesting and well made.

AWB 1994- Their was just as many banned weapons and mags for sale, as before the ban.. Price just went up and people made a fortune on the pre-ban weapons.. I bought mags at the fun shows for $10 each all day long.
Kits $59 delivered too your home. Ammo 1000 round case $79 delivered too your home.. Uprising, why? The ban did nothing but stop Chinese weapons.

Waco- The media fooled the people into believing the ATF was attacking a nut case.. Sheriff in town begged them to stop the attack.
"For God's sake, what the hell are you guys doing. I am on the phone with him. Why the hell did you just not knock?
Maybe he was a nut case, but they learned a valuable lesson, push people to far, they shoot back.

1968- Govt gave 19 year old kids machine guns and unlimited implements of destruction. Sent them off too a foreign land, Millions died.. Minds at the time were elsewhere. Last thing the average American gave a damn about, was full autos..

Waco, Ruby Ridge- Remember the friggen idiot Timothy McVeigh?
Murrah Federal Building, Oklahoma city, 1995? Reprisal for Waco and Ruby Ridge.
168 dead, 680 injured, 324 buildings destroyed within a 16 block area..
May he rot in hell for his sins..

1930s Laws- I cannot answer. People were literally starving and jumping out of windows. War was looming, illegal alcohol laws were ignored and booze was flowing. Mr. Capone had not trouble getting full autos.

Orlando Florida- A few weekends ago..Gun show.. 8,000 people in line to get in. They had to give 4,000 tickets too people, to get in the next day.
Vendors sold out in hours, had to restock and come back the next day.

Fiscal Cliff- Our country is on the verge of bankruptcy.. Gun ban. Bet your house they want guns gone.. Anyone think those people are buying guns for collection? When the food riots start, they are going to need them..

Wally World- Yesterday.. I cruised by the sporting goods section just to watch the show.. Two guys were on the verge of a fist fight over the last box of ammo they wanted.. A Police Officer was called and broke it up, before things got ugly..

Gun ban laws- They learned their lessons well from the last ban. Now they are going for broke.. People turning their weapons in, confiscation?
Read the letter the Marine sent Feinwit.
"You work for me, I protect you.. You want my guns, come git em."

Sorry about the book here.. I really really pray your post is correct.
But I really really fear this is going to get ugly, this time..
I am going too my roof to watch this show.. Good luck out there.

#27 ·
it is all a part of being that new "minority" of straight white folks that work and pay bills.

you get discriminated against by the government authoritys. even though you pay the governments bills.

obamma is like a spoiled brat with his daddys credit card , blowing money on the wind yet defying his daddys call to shore up and be a man for once.

#29 ·
it is all a part of being that new "minority" of straight white folks that work and pay bills.

you get discriminated against by the government authoritys. even though you pay the governments bills.

obamma is like a spoiled brat with his daddys credit card , blowing money on the wind yet defying his daddys call to shore up and be a man for once.
Amen 427!!!!!!!!!!! Middle aged, straight, white, and employed full time is unfortunately a dying breed thanks to the government and the media. I am tired of being the minority nowadays. I worked something like 600 hours of OVERTIME last year. The government taxed me almost the entire amount that I earned off of that overtime. Now Obamacare is costing me $75.00 more a week for my insurance, the gov is taxing me to death, not to mention the fact that you have to then take what little is left of your income after tax, and pay for goods/services that are further taxed. Now he/they want our guns. Sorry, it aint gonna happen. That's my line in the sand.

#30 ·
Well, since most of the Mexicans are up here getting free EVERYTHING. Maybe we could go take over Mexico & implement the (former) U.S. constitution.
I bet what's left of Mexican nationals would love it. Then we could get free rifles from the ATF, be warm, climb pyramids & have all kinds of fun.:nanabang::nanabang:

The drug gangs could just move up here where the business is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.