Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone think this Panic buying is a good thing?

Feedback Score

I think it's good to a degree. Like Black Blade said the more guns in private hands the better. Personally it has screwed me over. Was going to pick up a few things after the first and that is almost impossible now. At least with the little bit of money I do have. Even kinda tough to find parts to finish building these kits I have.

All this gun ban talk has really messed up my plans. Was thinking seriously about getting an FFL07 soon but that's on hold til I see which way the wind is going to blow. And right now it does not look too favorable for that endevor.
    “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference- they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” George Washington

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    George Washington

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I do worry about the idiots that are buying guns that have no idea why they're buying them. I worry that they are not responsible and I worry that you're going to do stupid things with them. I have seen some really asinine things in the shops lately. some of the stuff I have heard would make your hair stand on end. suddenly the assault rifle is the new beanie baby. thousands of people think they need them and don't know why. I fear that they will be mishandled miss stored in misused. the last thing we need is more irresponsible people with guns. I truly hope those that are buying them actually know what they're doing and why they want them.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    I do worry about the idiots that are buying guns that have no idea why they're buying them. I worry that they are not responsible and I worry that you're going to do stupid things with them. I have seen some really asinine things in the shops lately. some of the stuff I have heard would make your hair stand on end. suddenly the assault rifle is the new beanie baby. thousands of people think they need them and don't know why. I fear that they will be mishandled miss stored in misused. the last thing we need is more irresponsible people with guns. I truly hope those that are buying them actually know what they're doing and why they want them.
    Yup I was at the Fun Store earlier (which was almost cleaned out) and this guy I never met was trying to talk to me about his new M4 he just bought the other day.

Cringed a little

Then he started asking me how many "clips" I have. Cuz he bought 6.

Cringed a little more.

Then he started talking about how he wishes he could get those clips for a hundred bullets, but he was out to find a bunch more 30 bullet clips before we have to turn them in.

Eye started to twitch.

Then he asked me if I had a shotgun because he wanted to buy one, but asked how much shotgun bullets cost.

I'm choppin this dude in the throat in my mind!!!

So I had to leave before I heard anything else about clips that hold bullets forcing me to suck-start my carry piece...

I just hope there are people that are the opposite of that guy and are buying things for the right reasons.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

I'm Leary of discussing the what ( Ifs) we know the other side watches our discussions, that being said, a major problem of panic buying is the unrealistic prices for everything relating to firearms. If SHTF do you have enough food & water stored up for your family?
    We all know the family unit will have to come together for survival. Having extra guns doesn't always means your security is better. I'de rather have four or eight security cameras than an extra shotgun and ammo for it. My .02 cents worth is just another perspective of the gun panic.
    "The two enemies of the people are criminals and goverment, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so that the second will not become the legal version of the first" ~ Thomas Jefferson

jrs
    Feedback Score

Personally I'm pissed at the panic buying. I can't buy projectiles for; .308, 338 and daughters .22-250 along with brass for them. Lets not even mention bench rest primers.

Really hoping when the dust settles I'll still be able to buy them.
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score

Default Jay Byrd

One good thing is many people are joining the NRA which gives them more money and there will be more magazines laying around in people's homes for people to read and be able to see what is going on if they don't already look at web sites for information. I knew this was coming and have increased my supplies.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I just wish I'd aquired a few more Nodak receivers. But on the other hand I think the old ways were more fun & challenging.That's for AK'S.. I have no interest in carving out a receiver for the AR-15 kit I have on backorder .May have screwed the pooch there.
    I don't think ANY panic is a good thing.....unless it's the enemy that is panicking.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

I have a "NEVER FIRED" SAR-1 listed for sale (Wyoming (Casper Area Only). I'm asking $950.00

Is it to much? Yes and No. To be honest, I would never pay that much for "ANY" AK type rifle, and I mean "ANY". But then again, I have many, many, many kits (original barrels) just waiting to be built.

Do I need to sell my SAR-1...No, but if there is someone who is interested in it, well...

If it doesn't sell, well, it stays in the safe till...
    "It Takes A Strong Man To Be Kind", Sgt Nathan Wilson, 5th SFG (1970)

WOLVERINES! One of GUNCO's First Hundred!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

$950 ain't all that high with the value of the dollar, we've got some out of control inflation that the gov will not admit to.. just look at the price of food and price of fuel.. it's getting bad.. I think this panic buy is good in the fact that it show a bright spot in the economy and it shows.. what real people are after and what they want.. I just don't like the ripple effect it has on getting parts and stuff in a timely manner.. B2B

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I have thought pretty hard about selling the few commercial aks an sagias I have an just keeping my home builds. I could use the money an if some one wants a ak that I paid $200 for an is willing to give me $900 I might . I new truck would be nice. I got kits left. I have considered selling half my collection that transferable just to hedge my bets with up coming gun laws . I really don't want to be stuck with every thing I got for life na not be able to sell it or worse loose it in a take away. If I have to register them a $200 each I cant afford it .

I think if they ban stuff at least the lkits can be built as pumps or some thing an I bnought them all cheap back in the day .

I wish I had a dozen NDS recivers sitting here there hitting $300 each on GB.

I have a few standard nds an a couple nds 5,s for yugos tranfered in as pistols. Im not sure what to do.

Ive been half tempted to just keep `a few good builds an sell every thing off an drive away in a better truck an stop stressing over all these parts an guns that seem to have taken up all of my life lately . I can always make switch barrel for them if I want something different latter on unless they restrict calbur changes who knows??????????????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.