Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jan 19 peaceful protest. Everyone please read

Feedback Score

Heading on up to the Capital today.
    I hope I'm not the only one there, it seems like noone around town knew or cares (once told).
    Should be a nice day outside anyway

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

There were only about 150 folks that showed up at the rally here in Greenville yesterday. It was short notice, and wasn't advertised except on our local talk radio station. I went to our local news websites this morning to see what kind of coverage it received, and there was ONE picture, and ZERO text. Seriously?!?!?! MSM is such a bunch of Libtards.

I hope the Gun Appreciation Day goes better in all 50 states. Good luck to all who are going. I am stuck at work, and can't attend.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

My banner is up. " Uphold the 2nd amendment and the 10th!!". Took a picture of it and posted it on facebook.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

an the nra hasn't even acknowledged that citizens are protesting . will they just wait for negatives media attention an then make a statement after he fact???

Feedback Score

I went up to Concord with my buddy Brian for the 2nd amendment rally.
    I think we had about 250-300 people there.
    Better than I thought, less than should've been there.
    The NRA was there passing out bumper stickers, & pins but didn't really say anything.
    A couple of state reps spoke & even a very well spoken young lady took the mic for a bit.
    Zero (uniformed) police presence, I was pretty surprised at that.
    Maybe they are on our side?
    There is a vote on Thursday for the "stand your ground" law that some douchbag proposed to reverse.
    So We'll be heading on back, flags in hand!
    Heres some pics.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Attended the rally here in Nebraska. There were several hundred people here and some very good speakers. Two television stations were there. Of course they went to overweight guys that hadn't shaved in a week to do interviews. Most of the people at the rally were ex or active military or small town LEO's. I was in a gun shop (which was packed) about three blocks from the capital just before the rally and sadly, no one knew about it.... The day would have gone much better if it had been in the paper ahead of time.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

AUSTIN, Texas — Thousands of gun advocates gathered peacefully Saturday at state capitals around the U.S. to rally against stricter limits on firearms, with demonstrators carrying rifles and pistols in some places while those elsewhere settled for waving hand-scrawled signs or screaming themselves hoarse.

The size of crowds at each location varied — from dozens of people in South Dakota to 2,000 in New York. Large crowds also turned out in Connecticut, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Washington state. Some demonstrators in Olympia, Wash., Phoenix, Salem, Ore., and Salt Lake City came with holstered handguns or rifles on their backs. At the Kentucky Capitol in Frankfort, attendees gave a special round of applause for "the ladies that are packin'."

Activists promoted the "Guns Across America" rallies primarily through social media. They were being held just after President Barack Obama unveiled a sweeping package of federal gun-control proposals.

The crowd swelled to more than 800 amid balmy temperatures on the steps of the pink-hued Capitol in Austin, where speakers took the microphone under a giant Texas flag with "Independent" stamped across it. Homemade placards read "An Armed Society is a Polite Society," "The Second Amendment Comes from God" and "Hey King O., I'm keeping my guns and my religion."

"The thing that so angers me, and I think so angers you, is that this president is using children as a human shield to advance a very liberal agenda that will do nothing to protect them," said state Rep. Steve Toth, referencing last month's elementary school massacre in Newtown, Conn.

Toth, a first-term Republican lawmaker from The Woodlands outside Houston, has introduced legislation banning within Texas any future federal limits on assault weapons or high-capacity magazines, though such a measure would violate the U.S. Constitution.

Rallies at statehouses nationwide were organized by Eric Reed, an airline captain from the Houston area who in November started a group called "More Gun Control (equals) More Crime." Its Facebook page has been "liked" by more than 17,000 people.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

They shouldv''ve had the SD rally in Sioux Falls. Pierre is a long drive for anyone here. Sioux Falls would've had a better turn-out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

No mention of numbers, short article. Anyone here at the rally?

LITTLE ROCK, AR -- A passionate crowd gathered at the Arkansas State Capitol Saturday, as gun right supporters send a message to local and national lawmakers.
    The rally was part of the National Guns Across America movement.

"Leave the law the way it is. Leave the constitution, with the second amendment, the way it is," said supporter Gloria Pinion.

Planners say something must be done to combat gun violence. But any kind of gun ban is not the answer.

Supporters say lawmakers are not listening to the American people, pointing at the presidents recent executive order to strengthen gun laws.

"When you see something like these school shootings happen, the only way to stop that is to have someone there with a gun," said supporter Richard Burke.

Ralliers say gun bans do not prevent gun crimes.

"I believe the right to bear arms should include the right for law abiding citizens to conceal carry everywhere we go," said rallier Adam Skarda.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Instead of the typical NRA email it would have been nice if they mentioned it people were gathering at the state capitals yesterday. if they're going to support gun rights they need to support the people that are fighting for them also. a simple email from the NRA would have increased turn out immensely and it would have not cost them a dime! Apparently if it's not the NRA 'S idea they don't support it. In the end it's going to come down to what the people of this country And gun owners wantnot with the NRA wants. The fact is there was a planned nationwide rally at most States Capitol and the NRA did not spread the word. WHY??????????

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.