Gunco Forums banner

Jan 19 peaceful protest. Everyone please read

4K views 35 replies 20 participants last post by  1biggun 
#1 ·
I'm in.
Who else can we count on?

[video=youtube;MUAfft7l4wQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MUAfft7l4wQ]CALL TO ACTION: March on State Capitols, 19 Jan, 2013! - YouTube[/video]

#3 ·
I am planning to go to my state house, as long as I don't have to work that Saturday.

I think it's funny that the internet warriors talk about "fighting to the death if they try to take my guns", but can't be bothered to get their ass off the couch to go help with a show of support to hopefully prevent something like that from happening.

#5 ·
Bellson and I have already discussed being in Sacramento on the 19th.

#7 ·
you would be surprised how many here are likely not even nra or other pro gun group meambers. most of my gun owning friends are not but they bitch about how there going to get screwed.

I do wish the NRA would endorse an protest of some sort. im afraid some idiot will bring a gun a the cops will make a issue an the media will make it a huge issue about gun nuts.

right now very few aside form those on the net know about it an nobody wants to be they only guy there with a sign. IMO The nra needs to contact its meambers an put there stamp of approval on it. few ads in the local papers would not hurt or a mass emailing. aside from those like us who are on th net daily who is going to know about it????

#11 ·
Chief..

Sounds good, but kind of short notice..
Really hope people show up..
Problem down here in Florida. It is such a pro gun state, really not to much to complain about, yet anyway..
They seem to keep passing laws here in support of ownership of weapons.
So far the idiots in D.C. are just preaching what they "want" to do..
Again I like the idea..
But I do really believe the big march will be on D.C.. Once the idiot Biteme and Nappy put something officially in writing..
Then I think the fat ***** bitch Rosie, who goes nowhere without her 6 armed bodyguards, and her million mom march. Her show will be dwarfed by millions showing up in D.C..
I really feel Nappy and Bitme, have no clue that gun owners can fight back.
They must have a T.V... Are they watching the incredible sale of weapons and ammo, with just a few words out of their stupid mouths..
Do they really think people are buying and going too rush too turn them in?
If so, their stuck on stupid.
I really feel the big march will be on D.C.. and don't think their not thinking what I am thinking..

#15 ·
Sounds good, but kind of short notice..
Really hope people show up..
Problem down here in Florida. It is such a pro gun state, really not to much to complain about, yet anyway..
They seem to keep passing laws here in support of ownership of weapons.
So far the idiots in D.C. are just preaching what they "want" to do..
Again I like the idea..
But I do really believe the big march will be on D.C.. Once the idiot Biteme and Nappy put something officially in writing..
Then I think the fat ***** bitch Rosie, who goes nowhere without her 6 armed bodyguards, and her million mom march. Her show will be dwarfed by millions showing up in D.C..
I really feel Nappy and Bitme, have no clue that gun owners can fight back.
They must have a T.V... Are they watching the incredible sale of weapons and ammo, with just a few words out of their stupid mouths..
Do they really think people are buying and going too rush too turn them in?
If so, their stuck on stupid.
I really feel the big march will be on D.C.. and don't think their not thinking what I am thinking..

Agreed in total. I don't have the ability to make it up to Jacksonville all the way from North Cuba, or South Canada, or West Isreal... Let's just be safe and call it Miami, but yeah we have a gun show down here and I am getting as many people as I can to head out there and support the local firearms community I just don't have the means to make it all the way up north. The will is here just not the means. I show complete support though and do wish I had the ability to make it.

#17 ·
I heard that date was suppose to be "gun appreciation day"?
There's also a link in the last sentence

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fight back! Go buy a box of ammo then go shoot it. I'm in! Who's with me?

'Gun Appreciation Day' Seeks To Emulate Chick-fil-A Success, Scheduled For Jan. 19
By Joe Schoffstall
January 8, 2013
Subscribe to Joe Schoffstall's posts Pushing back against calls for greater gun control from some members in Congress, conservative groups have now launched a Chick-fil-A style 'Gun Appreciation Day' set to take place on January 19, 2013.

According to US News and World Report:

"If all goes according to plan, gun lovers will come out in droves on January 19 to support gun stores, gun ranges, and gun shows."

"The national "Gun Appreciation Day," which is being launched by a coalition of conservative and gun rights groups, will take place a day before California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein is expected to introduce legislation for an assault weapon ban," according to the Report.

"We felt that there needed to be a swift, strong statement, Chick-fil-A style, to show that we're not only here but we're vocal," Gun Appreciation Day chairman and president of Republican new media consulting firm Political Media, Inc., Larry Ward tells the Report.

On Aug. 1 of last year, Chick-fil-A enjoyed a record-setting day as customers flocked to the national chain to show their support for the pro-traditional marriage statements made by the company's president.

Will gun retailers experience the same record-setting volume on Jan. 19?

Additional information can be found at Welcome | Gun Appreciation Day | January 19, 2013

#18 ·
Here in Virginia, we're not going to show up on a Saturday when there's no one in town.

As we do every year, Lobby day is on a Monday. January 21st this year. There should be close to 1000 of us at the General Assembly in Richmond talking to our legislators.

I urge all Virginia gun owners and believers in liberty to join us.

#19 ·
Not 1 person I have met around here has heard of this and were 15 miles from the capital. it's going to be about 15 degrees here as well. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see much happening in Wisconsin. since re upping to be with the NRA I have got like 5 emails from them all asking for money and thanking me and blah blah blah telling me how they're going to fight and all of that. it would be nice if they would put that much effort into actually organizing something for gun owners to do the side send the money. I feel that if the NRA call for a peaceful protest some people might actually show up

#20 ·
Theres a bunch of folks that I know who are going to the S.C. state house on Saturday, but there is also some kind of rally here in Greenville on Friday at noon.

#22 ·
There were only about 150 folks that showed up at the rally here in Greenville yesterday. It was short notice, and wasn't advertised except on our local talk radio station. I went to our local news websites this morning to see what kind of coverage it received, and there was ONE picture, and ZERO text. Seriously?!?!?! MSM is such a bunch of Libtards.

I hope the Gun Appreciation Day goes better in all 50 states. Good luck to all who are going. I am stuck at work, and can't attend.

#25 ·
I went up to Concord with my buddy Brian for the 2nd amendment rally.
I think we had about 250-300 people there.
Better than I thought, less than should've been there.
The NRA was there passing out bumper stickers, & pins but didn't really say anything.
A couple of state reps spoke & even a very well spoken young lady took the mic for a bit.
Zero (uniformed) police presence, I was pretty surprised at that.
Maybe they are on our side?:troops:
There is a vote on Thursday for the "stand your ground" law that some douchbag proposed to reverse.
So We'll be heading on back, flags in hand!
Heres some pics.

#26 ·
Attended the rally here in Nebraska. There were several hundred people here and some very good speakers. Two television stations were there. Of course they went to overweight guys that hadn't shaved in a week to do interviews. Most of the people at the rally were ex or active military or small town LEO's. I was in a gun shop (which was packed) about three blocks from the capital just before the rally and sadly, no one knew about it.... The day would have gone much better if it had been in the paper ahead of time.

#27 ·
AUSTIN, Texas — Thousands of gun advocates gathered peacefully Saturday at state capitals around the U.S. to rally against stricter limits on firearms, with demonstrators carrying rifles and pistols in some places while those elsewhere settled for waving hand-scrawled signs or screaming themselves hoarse.

The size of crowds at each location varied — from dozens of people in South Dakota to 2,000 in New York. Large crowds also turned out in Connecticut, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and Washington state. Some demonstrators in Olympia, Wash., Phoenix, Salem, Ore., and Salt Lake City came with holstered handguns or rifles on their backs. At the Kentucky Capitol in Frankfort, attendees gave a special round of applause for "the ladies that are packin'."

Activists promoted the "Guns Across America" rallies primarily through social media. They were being held just after President Barack Obama unveiled a sweeping package of federal gun-control proposals.

The crowd swelled to more than 800 amid balmy temperatures on the steps of the pink-hued Capitol in Austin, where speakers took the microphone under a giant Texas flag with "Independent" stamped across it. Homemade placards read "An Armed Society is a Polite Society," "The Second Amendment Comes from God" and "Hey King O., I'm keeping my guns and my religion."

"The thing that so angers me, and I think so angers you, is that this president is using children as a human shield to advance a very liberal agenda that will do nothing to protect them," said state Rep. Steve Toth, referencing last month's elementary school massacre in Newtown, Conn.

Toth, a first-term Republican lawmaker from The Woodlands outside Houston, has introduced legislation banning within Texas any future federal limits on assault weapons or high-capacity magazines, though such a measure would violate the U.S. Constitution.

Rallies at statehouses nationwide were organized by Eric Reed, an airline captain from the Houston area who in November started a group called "More Gun Control (equals) More Crime." Its Facebook page has been "liked" by more than 17,000 people.

#29 ·
No mention of numbers, short article. Anyone here at the rally?

LITTLE ROCK, AR -- A passionate crowd gathered at the Arkansas State Capitol Saturday, as gun right supporters send a message to local and national lawmakers.
The rally was part of the National Guns Across America movement.

"Leave the law the way it is. Leave the constitution, with the second amendment, the way it is," said supporter Gloria Pinion.

Planners say something must be done to combat gun violence. But any kind of gun ban is not the answer.

Supporters say lawmakers are not listening to the American people, pointing at the presidents recent executive order to strengthen gun laws.

"When you see something like these school shootings happen, the only way to stop that is to have someone there with a gun," said supporter Richard Burke.

Ralliers say gun bans do not prevent gun crimes.

"I believe the right to bear arms should include the right for law abiding citizens to conceal carry everywhere we go," said rallier Adam Skarda.

#30 ·
Instead of the typical NRA email it would have been nice if they mentioned it people were gathering at the state capitals yesterday. if they're going to support gun rights they need to support the people that are fighting for them also. a simple email from the NRA would have increased turn out immensely and it would have not cost them a dime! Apparently if it's not the NRA 'S idea they don't support it. In the end it's going to come down to what the people of this country And gun owners wantnot with the NRA wants. The fact is there was a planned nationwide rally at most States Capitol and the NRA did not spread the word. WHY??????????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.