Gunco Forums banner

Gunco?

3K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Advo 
#1 ·
I know we have lurkers. Half the time I am one, just because I am to lazy to sign in. We don't have members that won't post, just because someone might get mad do we? I talked to girl that was a member of trapshooters.com, she would read it, but she was afraid to write anything.

#3 ·
We don't bite - heck the so called "lurkers" should just post. Maybe there would be some interesting conversations. :D

#5 ·
lurker exposed

I am guilty of lurking as well.
You could lable it voyerism, but most of the time I just don't have a need to argue or show how intelligent I am. Which I are not.
Plus, if I were to make a shitload of responses just to have an impressive post count I wouldn't be helping the community here. Time will take care of my post count, and experience gained from the board will allow me to help someone in the future.

What was that old poem again? About the "wise old bird"? The less he spoke, the more he heard.
If you spend most of your time broadcasting you have little time receiving.

This is my only defense.

#6 ·
I am thick skinned, so it didn't bother me. I was gone for a few years and couldn't remember my log in, so I started all over. The third time I posted something some snot called me a Troll and said I shouldn't give my opinions until I had posted more. Now you wonder why you have lurkers and not posters, especially with the young people?

#7 ·
I know what you mean. I have been known to lamdaste asshats that stomp on new people.
Some instances I've really expected a PM or two from mods, but haven't yet. Asshat'n hasn't happened on this board yet. Well, maybe once or twice.
The ak forum and gunco are my recreation. Thst's mostly because I see that the regulars are more willing to nurture rather than use any excuse to "rub" their own ego by making someone else feel foolish.

3dited to add...
post count +2 :>

#11 ·
bigdon we embrace the freedom of speech but cant condome bs. you are more than welcome here like i am as long as you behave yourself. i enjoy all opions but not blame calling. as most here i enjoy reading about gun building and such. just kick back and enjoy and not troll my man.just my 2 cents worth again and i hope i said it right gentlemen and any ladies out there.

#16 ·
Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder. Either that or you are trying to get people to lash out at you.

#18 ·
the shooting has all of us on edge emotions are high from the tragic events an the loss of those poor kids to the reality that we are possibly looing at bans an possibly loosing the hobby we have so much time sweat an money into. For many it was hard to really think about the victim's because we all knew what was coming an what it might cost. some of use here likely have $50,000 in Ak,s AR,s an other stuff that may be banned. Its hard to really grieve about school kids when you don't know them. I am pissed that some idiot that misused a gun is going to cost us a big part of our lives an what we do. I personally cant feel worse because how they died. id have been just a sad for them if there buss had been run off a cliff. I was how ever really pissed about the shooter an his using a gun. the media tries to make there death more tradjic because they were murdered. there trying to make it some how different than if they were killed buy a drunk or person on a cell phone or a speeder or some other human caused criminal act. I can only be really sad that innocnet kids died an they didt need to. I have looked really hard at things an I cant blame the gun. I can however question how we as gun owners shoulder the responsibility of gun owner ship?? I can ask if were doing our part? I realize others handel tradijy different an to some its more personal. Im a dad an Im pissed just like every other parent in the country.

This site is monitored no question. I have people I don't know call me an ask about selling guns or working on them. im not a FFL an a cant an wont work on a reciver. I never get a straight answer were they got my cell phone number or my email . it might be friends of people a help with barrel work or sold parts only to but I don't know.
I constantly advise against tough talk an making threats an stuff some here just said don't say anything you want sat tot here face an its a good way to fly. I'll call some one out if I think there shady or doing a illeagle build an over th years have flat caught people here an other sites in lies.

Guys have come an gone an even passed away. hell I shed a tear when Sangrun hunter died an I had never met him only swapped ideas, parts, tools, opions here an else were. there are guys here that I know about there family life an there hard times that ill never meet. I have had people send me stuff for free to help out a father do hunting rifle for his kid. I have recived parts for myself free. Words cant describe how cool that is.

with over 10,000 posts I cant really hide what I do so I make dam sure every aspect of what I do is legal. I don't work on guns that are not mine I don't sell guns I build I don't sell guns that are commercially made to people I don't really really know an at this point I don't sell with out a transfer through a FFL. all these sites are under a microscope were the guys the government don't want to have these weapons. Were there enemy . I have gone out of my way to portray what I use my AK,s for an that's hunting a target shooting I avoid being all bad ass mall ninja zombie SHTF trigger happy paranoid Rambo. Im not against guys who want to have taticool stuff its not my bag. For the last 7 or so years I have tried to show how well a AK can shoot how to make it more accurate an more usable for any type of shooting. I started likely one of the first accursing the AK threads on the net, an I take a little pride if you google it my thread here comes up 1st most times. I get a kick when on other sites some idiot will say the AK is inaccurate an some member I don't know will link my thread here on that site. I try to show what I an now my son do as good honest shooting fun. I they to show that these guns also make great hunting guns I even hunt with a AK pistol. Im not saying id don't do a mag dump now an then or bump fire but I don't go around bragging it up an showing it on utube in full camo with a taticool vest on acting lie I just cant wait to shoot a person. Im not saying you have to shoot your AK or AR like me just to please think how others perceive your actions. Yes we have rights an we can say screw every one else if they don't like it . the Issue is many don't like it an there trying really hard to take those rights away.

gun ownership is a huge responsibility an when were putting what we do in front of million of people on the inter net we need to be very very careful what we say show an do . We blame the media for a lot an we have to keep in mind were also part of the media when we post. I have made many friends here Ill never meet an a few guys I don't want to meet. for the most part every one here is a decent good guy. I have run ins with a few guys here an ill still stand behind them.

I have been hot headed an self righteous as any one an some times im wrong or I accidentally insult when I wasn't trying to.

any way my point is were being watched by every one an more anti gun people are likely looking at this site now than ever I have always tried show what I do in good light an would not be ashamed if any LEO or anti walked up to me the same as at a range an asked about my stuff an why I have it. I hope others do the same.

New members need to understand that were suspicious of any new comer these days especially if there not only he same page as most of us. They need to under stand that you have to earn respect even if your the best builder in the world. test the water before diving in. Old members need to remember when they didn't know any thing or were new an were asking dumb questions or had ideas that were not really well received. keep in mind, were all should be here because we like guns an shooting

#22 ·
This forum has always (at least in the time i've been a member) had a relatively small number of "active" members. By that i mean people who regularly post in the general discussion forums.

These seems to be the case in most of the other forums that i frequent, i chalk it up to the fact that a large number of the people who visit either really aren't "forum people" or just feel that they really don't have anything to contribute regardless of whether or not actual contribution is needed.

just my .02

#23 ·
don

you posted twice since I posted, still no apology for your post

you have lost me, no one is trying to stop from expressing your opinion. but when you equite me and others here with a madman and that I or others here have no sympathy for those childern and there families you have lost me

without a apology most here will ignore you or turn on you

the ball is in your court

#25 ·
According to the homepage there are 2,750 people on here right now.
That's something to think about......
Many of those may be search engine bots or other internet info program crawling the net in search of content.

The real eye opener is that we have 25,000 + registered members here but realistically theres only about 100 that actually post on a semi-regular basis.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.