Thread: Panic, no panic..

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Panic, no panic..

Went too a huge gun shop here in central Florida yesterday..
    Other than a lack of AKs and ARs, their was everything one could need.
    Cases of AK mags $14 each.
    AR mags, all kinds, $16.
    Powder $29 for one pound. Now a bit high, but if your only buying one pound at a time. Fair price I guess, when you include hazmat and shipping..
    Loads of pistols at MSRP..
    Racks of rifles at more than fair prices..
    Truck was pulling in loaded with cases of ammo.. Did not stick around to check prices, but they refused to gouge.
    Cleaning supplies, holsters, etc.. All at very reasonable prices..
    Primers, out of site on prices, they are getting gouged from their wholesaler.
    They said calm down out there, manufactures and importers are catching up.
    Thanked them for not gouging. Hell people were not even looking at prices, just buying what they needed..
    Harry Beckwith Gun Dealer
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for the link, 4th! I'm glad to see not everyone is caught up in the moronic craze.

I for one refuse to buy magazines right now. I simply won't get caught up in the wave. I submit that if I didn't have it by now, I don't need it

However if they aren't gouging I think I would buy from them simply to show support! I'm keeping a list of gougers that won't get any more of my money. Ever.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default hc.

Yes it was good too see. Harry Beckwith was kind of a legend in the gun world.
    Huge store, which was like a museum. Harry how much for this one?
    "Ah you don't want that, sit down and have a beer."
    Harry loved his guns, selling one broke his heart.
    His kids took over and he left them a gold mine. R.I.P. Harry U.S. Air Force WII B-17 gunner..
    AK drums $159. Sorry guys they wont ship, to busy.
    Funny, a young girl there with her dad at the counter...
    Salesman behind the counter wearing a pistol.. Cute little girl could see through the glass.
    "Mr. your wearing a pistol is that legal?"
    Honey I am a Police Officer, want to see my badge. I work here on Saturdays?
    Yes I do..
    He stopped came around the counter and showed her his badge.. Talked with her and said not to be worried.. It's o.k..
    Nice guy. Everyone had a good laugh on that one..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

i refuse to pay over 30% retail.

i have a few things on BO at regular prices --if they come in thats fine if they don't i ain't hurting.

i just missed some 7.62x39 ASC ar-mags @ JSE for $18 a pop --they been selling for $17 forever--the gougers are charging $30+ for these mags-- hell i bought a bunch from palmetto for $9 each back during the mag glut--

i did put three on BO. i'll continue to do business with the retailers that didn't gouge long after this little panic is over.

and those that have been gouging , even the ones that i have traded with for years--

i'll be very hesitant to buy from them in the future. ain't no way in hell a stripped ar-15 lower is worth no $499-- less is it made out of gold or has some imbedded diamonds>

maybe rolex is making ar lowers now???--LOL!

Feedback Score

ARE THESE PEOPLE NUTZ? These Beckwith people actualy have pictures of people showing WOMEN how to SHOOT. Right on their website. Are they crazy?
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Smile hunter yup their nuts...

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_02 View Post
    ARE THESE PEOPLE NUTZ? These Beckwith people actualy have pictures of people showing WOMEN how to SHOOT. Right on their website. Are they crazy?
    Hunter
    Mighty pretty women there yesterday shooting..
    One lady walking in the store in front of me and my Bro singing.
    "It's a beautiful day to buy a gun."

Feedback Score

The Ayoob story about Harry Beckwith at the Beckwith site, 1990 shootout page, is really an excellent story, reminding me of a Louis L'Amour tale.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.