Gunco Forums banner

'merican made kalishnakrap

2K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Abukai08 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried the 100% made in USA type AKs? Are they made to tighter tolerances or are they loose like their com-bloc cousins?
My guys are bugging me to get an AK or three. Y'all figure Romanian WASR10 is still the least expensive way to get into an AK? Or would a Yugo M70 type be less?
Hunter

#8 ·
This,

My only issue with Arsenal is the price. I have shot an Arsenal in 5.56 and it was a dream I just wish my wallet was as enthusiastic about it.

#3 ·
. At this point in the came better plan on spending close to a grand or more for most AKs . a M70 it not ever goiong to be less than a rommy. a rommy is pretty much bottom of the barrel in the AK world. IMO a Yugo is one of the best along with polish .

Id buy any that you find at a reasonable price they all shoot about the same an a rommy is a good gun its just not as nicely machined.

#12 ·
I'd bet the price of a rifle that you know some one who is out of work and willing to sell at a normal/reasonable price to some one that he knows is not a nut case..

Find THAT guy and buy ftf. At this point in US history, buy what you can outside the ffl system and don't tell anyone you have it.

#13 ·
hell i hear tell the mexican drug cartels sell a very nice AK -- you get to pick an american made 922r spc -- ak via the BATF, or a a south american clone thanks to chaves or a china made T model --

they just toss a few in with the tote sacks of meth chemicals---:rofl::rofl::rofl::nanabang:

now i am not telling you do do anything illegal--as this is a joke ya see---

#15 ·
Tommo, that's me too. A champaigne taste with a beer budget!!

#16 ·
If things keep going they way they are it's gonna be Blue Label tastes with a water budget. Now I'm kicking myself for all the AKs I let walk because I felt selling them for $700 was robbery... Well it was, but now it would be too hard to pass up.

#17 ·
I HANDELED A NICE BROWNING BAR TODAY IN 243 WIN THAT WAS CHEAP COMPARED TO THE VALUE YU GET IN A AK. IM REALLY TEMPTED TO SELL SOME OF THIS STUFF AN BUY IT.

WHAT FUNNY I GOT INTO THIS HOBBY TO BUILD A CHEAP DEER HUNTING PISTOL NOW THE PARTS FOR THAT PISTOL ARE DOUBLE WHAT THE THOMPSON ENCORE I WANTED IN THE FIRST PLACE.

WHAT IS REALLY BOTHERSOME TO ME IS MONEY IS SO TIGHT AN I SEE GUYS SPENDING $2000 FOR A ARA5 BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY NEEED IT AN THEY FEEL PRESSURED BY THE ONE DAY ONLY SALE TATICS THATTHE MEDIA AN LIBERALS HAVE CREATED. WERE ARE PEOPLE GETTING THIS KIND OF MONEY ??????????

I KNOW GUYS WHO MAKE $10 A HOUR AN HAVE TWO KIDS BUYING $18OO GUNS AN DONT REALLY SHOOT OR ARE INTO GUNS. ITS GOTTEN CRAZY HAD A GUY YESTERDAY GET HIS GUN AN THRES NOT A BOX OF SHEELS TO BUY ANYWERE I CANT FIND ANY 223 ANY WERE. I WORRIED MY VARMINT HUNT WILL BE CANCLED IF MY BUDDIES CANT GET 223 AMMO . I HAD TO TELL MY BUDDIE I HADE NONE TO SPARE TOLD HIMT TO GET PRIMERS POWDER AB BULLETS AN ID LOAD HIM SOMETHING ON SOME BRASS I HAVE.

IM WORRIED THERE GOING TO CRACK DOWN ON AMMO SALES AN THEN RELAODING WILL BE RESTRICTED.

#18 ·
I'm with you there this stuff is getting rediculous. I was at the range the other day with one of my pricier AR it cost me a few grand when all was said and done and the dust settled before I decided to just buy another one, and this guy came up and offered me $5000 for it without even asking what I wanted for it or if I even wanted to sell it. I ended up ddddddirecting him to a buddy who wanted to sell one because I didn't want this guy to get fleeced.

Some people are just holding out credit cards saying "I don't care how much, just take my money!!!" The crappy part is if they keep buying like that, then the companies will keep selling like that even if things die down making this a rich man's hobby which it was never meant to be and I think everyone here can agree with that. That's why we are all at Gunco in the first place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.