Thread: What good is gun control?

Feedback Score

Default What good is gun control?

So had a pistol out tonight and I was working on reloads. Yes I know the safety rules but everything was checked and re checked by the wife to make sure I wouldn't have to repair dry wall. So the wife watches the mind numbing channel (I think that's what it's called becasue it's dumb stuff).

So droppig mags and relaoding just to stay crisp becasue the Marine Corps doesn't pay me to be slow. During all the fun the wife makes a comment. "Hey that was fast lets time it". So she grabbed my watch to time it. Not precision, but the best we got.

First time "that was too fast"... Second time "that was too fast"... All the way to the fifth time and says "0.8"...

I was trying to deflate my ego when she made a comment... "Hey babe if you can do that in 0.8 seconds why the hell does the news keep crying about 30 round magazines?"

Wow... I thought about that, but never thought about that. Then she says "it would be stupid to ban magazines to save 0.8 seconds." Genius!!!

Why the number 10? What sense does that make? Just more feel good laws that isn't going to stop anything bad from happening.

Point of this is... After the Bud Light Platinums started talking to me I thought about thhe Bill of Rights (which I do a lot when I drink actually) and thought "I can't think of one right we have that can't be used for a bad thing."

Yup how many people have used the 4th and 5th to keep out of jail no matter how guilty they were? How many people have used the second Amendment to obtain and use a gun illegally? How many people have used the 1st Amendment to post the names and addresses of every registered gun owner in two counties???

When living in a free society you can never guarentee someone won't misuse something that was set out to be good. I brought it up to the wife and she laughed and reminded me of something... "Remember when I said no more beer in the house so you rolled a cooler out to the back patio and filled it with beer and spent 4 hours out there calling your entire family and drinking beer until your battery died?" Genius yet again...

No matter what law is created someone will find a roundabout.. Politicians cannot legislate us into a utopia and it kills them. They want to control everything. This thing called the Constitution is standing in their way. It may be arogence or ignorance but I found ways around my wife's rules and she has a lot more to do with my decision making than anybody in Washington.

I know we all have the same thoughts in mind, but I was just voicing them in a way that makes sense to me. All I know is I fought for mine and everybodys' right to bear arms, speak freely, get found innocent in the eyes of the law, and drink beer in the damn living room and watch American Restoration until you remember you have work the next day and need at least 2 hours of sleep.

For those of you who have read "First to Fight" by former Commandant General Krulak... "America doesn't need a Marine Corps, America wants a Marine Corps" (Statement made to the Senate when questioned whether the country needed the Marine Corps or not)

So my new found mentality is I don't need normal capacity magazines, I need politicians who know and understand that I WANT normal capacity magazines.

Semper Fi
    Last edited by Abukai08; 01-15-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

right on the money!

the problem is POLITICIANS don't live in the real world -

-look at the big "O" --he has got a entaruge of people telling him everything is just wonderful and kissing/blowing smoke up his ass 24/7--

then you got congress and the house --suddenly their flying around of AF biz jets scarfing $40K worth of caviar and drinking $10K bottles of the good stuff per flight while they party down with the holly-weird types!

now WTF is WRONG with this picture? were PAYING!

they are too far removed from the reality of everybody else--

guess what? if i write too many hot checks--who gonna come a calling?

to a politician who has a tax payer supplied private jet with a fully stocked bar, has a tax payer funded bank where he or she can borrow any amount of money no-questions asked, and lobby types bringing bags of unmarked $100 bills for just a little favor--

they have no idea of what it it like to really have to pay bills cause in their world everything is just free for the taking.

hell life for the politicains at the top is wonderful --like being a holly-weird star --only with POWER to fu#k over the little guy.

and many seem to get off making the working stiffs squirm!

they have lived that way so long they seem to have no idea what is going to happen when china decides they have served their purpose.

one of these days the big bank of china is going to say "enough" --

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Funny you brought this up, a friend sent me a video a couple days ago and about half way through it the guy talks about mag changes, and does timed shooting first with 20 rounds in one mag and then 20 rounds in two mags. You'd be surprised how little difference there is and he seems to be doing a smooth mag change.

Go to 3:40 if you just want to see the mag part, he talks about "assualt rifles" in the first part
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

this--

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.