Thread: Colorado Cops Panic at Sight of Dog - War Zone Erupts

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Colorado Cops Panic at Sight of Dog - War Zone Erupts

Cop Goes Berzerk at Sight of Dog and Become Public Hazard Shooting Wildly

Snippit:

ADAMS COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – An Adams County man is in shock after he says deputies shot and killed his dog.

Jeff Fisher said deputies went to his house by mistake. He said when they forced their way through the door his dog Ziggy ran outside and an Adams County Sheriff’s deputy shot and killed him.

“(He went to the door) to see who it was and the police officer shot him three times,” Fisher said. “They killed my dog for no reason.”

Fisher said Ziggy was his best friend and can’t believe he’s gone.

“I called the dog, he turned to come back to me and the police officer opened fire,” said Fisher.

Ziggy was an 8-year-old Blue Healer/Border Collie mix.

Fisher said he wants that deputy to be held accountable.

“I’m on the ground crying hysterically and the police officer says, ‘You need to calm down, you can get a new dog,’” said Fisher.

The attorney representing Fisher believes that animal shootings are out of control.

Jennifer Edwards referred to the elk in Boulder and the dog in Commerce City that were recently shot and killed by law enforcement.

“Something has got to be done about it. They’re taking our family members and I don’t care that they’re the furry family members they’re family members no less,” said Edwards.

Edwards wants answers and reform on how law enforcement deals with animals. She believes a lawsuit is likely.

Fisher said he just wants his friend back, “I don’t have kids. That’s my son.”

Police Shoot, Kill Dog When Going To A Home By Mistake « CBS Denver

Black Blade: My take? You kill my dog, I kill you. Any questions?
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

It struck me hard because my 9 year old Lab/Weimeraner mix is named Ziggy as well, and he is bar none, my BEST friend. If a cop were to shoot and kill him in a raid on the wrong house, like this situation, I would definitely return fire. Sorry, as far as I'm concerned, it's no different than a home invasion by criminals. Just because they are too stupid to get the address correct, we the people are supposed to just take it?!?!?!?! I don't f*cking think so. There sure has been a rash of these wrong house/pet shootings in the last year.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score

So I wonder if that cop would feel better if the guy turned and shot his partner and said "Calm down, you can always get a new partner."
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.