Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pray for Marine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Man is this hard. my wife talked to Johnathon today. I have not seen him since halloween. She said he is down to 114 lbs! He dont eat, he dont sleep, and to top it all his wife is divorcing him. The divorce started before the diagnosis. but he is very depressed, my wife made him promise he would come over sunday for dinner. He goes in for the biopsy or whatever they do to see what course of treatment to do in a coupla weeks and if the news is bad I dont think he's gonna do so good. I dont deal with this shit so well.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Damn mtdew that sucks. Stress & poor diet are no way to fight cancer. Need to find some way to boost his spirits & get him eating . Makes me even more thankful to have my wonderful wife. Since I was diagnosed this past November My wife has been researching every day for things to try. My sister in law came down from Michigan to help & brought me a heating mattres full of amethyst crystals I lay on three times a day. Shes got me using essential oils & other moonbeam stuff to try anything. I don't know WTF is wrong with Johnathons wife. But she should either shit or get off the pot & help the poor guy. ( in my opinion) Don't need some dragged out affair. Tell him he's got lots to live for & this is the fight of his life. Time to get after it NOW.
    Get him here on Gunco to maybe help take his mind off his troubles for a bit??

Sorry if I'm way off base, but that's my two cents
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Youre right on track, Brad. Thanks.
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

May God give him a complete and quick recovery.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

thanks,Tom
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Prayer sent from an old Corpsman to the Great Physician, El Shaddai, "The God Who Can Do Anything".

May he be blessed with healing, and may he and his family be comforted.

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I'm not a Marine myself, but I think everyone needs to own three or four of them....Just in case!

All Kidding aside; The requested prayer:

Dear God,

Please look to your faithful servant Johnathon, aid him in his time of trial. If his end in this world is ordained, and you can not endure without him in your Blessed Kingdom; then give him the courage, grace, and dignity to leave this world as he lived in it.

Blessed Father, please comfort those who love Jonathon. Give them the strength and endurance stand by him until he is called back to you.

We Pray that you will take mercy upon Johnathon, and allow him to live to his fullest in the time he has left here, we Pray that you will allow him to stay with us and heal his hurts. We thank you for the gifts you have already given to Jonathon, and we will strive to understand your wisdom.

In Jesus Name,

Amen.

Sorry, it's the best I can do. I'm pretty certain that a good Catholic Priest, or Southern Baptist Preacher could do better. But this is what I got.

Regards,
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

In addition to the earlier prayers, I have a recommendation. It may sound foolish, but my advice, regardless what form of medical treatment(I leave that up to the medical pros), is about nutrition:

1. Cease eating any form of sugar or white flour, rice, etc. Cancer cells go into a feeding frenzy when sugar is consumed.

2. Go to Whole Foods or other health food store and by Reishi mushroom capsules. This plant product has been demonstrated in some tests to aggressively kill cancer cells, A few other mushrooms, Maitake, for one, also do so, to a lesser degree. Load up on them.

3. Also take ginger and turmeric capsules, and include in the diet. They are powerful anti-inflammatory agents.

4. Eat an extremely healthy diet of low fats and lots of whole grains and fresh vegetables.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

I hope the dinner went well mtdew.
    My wife has me taking capsules filled with Frankensence essential oil twice a day. She is real big on the oils. I have to admit they did cure my Shingles outbreak faster & better than the doctors remedy I usually get.
    We are eating broccoli as if it was about to be banned!!
    Like above post NO sugar! Honey with cinnamon is also recommended a couple times a day.

She made me quit smoking too & she starts crying if
    I light up ,so.............I really do miss my ten dollar handmade cigars !Who can resist a girl in a wheelchair crying????

Still praying for Johnathon here too!
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
    I hope the dinner went well mtdew.
    My wife has me taking capsules filled with Frankensence essential oil twice a day. She is real big on the oils. I have to admit they did cure my Shingles outbreak faster & better than the doctors remedy I usually get.
    We are eating broccoli as if it was about to be banned!!
    Like above post NO sugar! Honey with cinnamon is also recommended a couple times a day.

She made me quit smoking too & she starts crying if
    I light up ,so.............I really do miss my ten dollar handmade cigars !Who can resist a girl in a wheelchair crying????

Still praying for Johnathon here too!
    +1 on the frankincense oil. A capsule of the powder, known as Boswellia, from the frankincense plant, is also available in many health food stores - another powerful anti-inflammatory supplement, also has other good properties. Cinnamon is very good for inflammation and helps stabilize blood sugar among other things...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.