Gunco Forums banner

Cheaper then dirt are sellouts

4K views 38 replies 22 participants last post by  Carbine Coyote 
#1 ·
Buddy of mine called and odered a bunch of small gun parts like a pistol grip, ak forarm, 10 rd clip for a .22 from Cheaper then Dirt...the rep told him they are no longer allowed to ship ANYTHING to california with all the new gun laws in process...

Called another buddy in Socal to test out what I heard...He got the same response.

Since when is buying a part illegal in Kalifornia...We are truely doomed!

#2 ·
well, i guess we gotta get around all the BS in other ways...start thinking outside the box, learn how to make things...and figure out what non gun items can double as gun parts...

if all else fails he can always make his own furniture or whatever else he needs...

i agree that cheaper than dirt are sellouts, i looked at the mags they have in stock now, since they kindly emailed me, and i promptly gave them the bird...for the prices they listed, they can keep them...i will never buy another thing from them again...there are a few other places i refuse to do business with any more either...

#3 ·
ARE THEY STILL SPONSORS HERE?????? IF SO THEN WITH THERE RECENT POLICY CHANGES WHY???????

THERE ARE NO CURRENT LAWS FORBIDDING THEM FROM SELLING PARTS TO CALIFORNIA . SO IF THERE NIT THEN THERE DECRIMINATING THOSE RESIDENTS.

LIKEY THERE TO LAZY TO DECIPEHR WHAT IS AN WHAT NOT LEGAL.

#4 ·
Yup like I said they will no longer getting my business. Or my gun-toting Unapoligetically American buddies. And they have spread the word to their buddies too. CTD is about to learn one of the hardest parts of making a bad business decision.

CTD won't be able to sell enough sleeping bags and fuzzy hats to make up for the business they just willfully surrendered.

#5 ·
Yesterday I had a few Suomi stick mags in my cart there @ $19.95
When I went to check out today the price had gone up to $49.95 !!!!

Oh yeah, I'll be back real soon!

NOT!!

#6 ·
I haven't been around in a while but when I saw this topic I had to post up. CTD has pissed me off with the stuff they are pulling. This shit storm will eventually settle(and it will) and when it does I know where my money will not be spent! I will support the folks who aren't doing the crap they are. I hope others follow suit.

Dave S.

#10 ·
Yesterday I had a few Suomi stick mags in my cart there @ $19.95
When I went to check out today the price had gone up to $49.95 !!!!
Got an email today that they got tons of magazines back in stock.
Got an email from a friend on Tuesday evening, he forwarded me the CTD "we got mags" email. And yes I did see the Suomi mags for $20 & drums for $30, they are now $50 & $70.
Here's a few others I seen
$50 for 20 round Hungarian AK mags
$60 for 30 round surplus AK mags
$99 for 30 round surplus GI Colt AR mags
$500 for a BETA C drum

#15 ·
Little off for the BETA C mags Coils, looks like they upped it again:

Mag AR-15 5.56x45mm C-Mag Beta Mag 100 Round Capacity Plastic Construction Clear Rear Cover Made In U.S.A.

Our Low Price:
$699.97

Never thought I would see the day where you could buy a rifle for the same (or less) than a magazine for it costs!!!!!

#14 ·
i buy from a place that is BO 3-6months deep and pay retail price or so-

what is going on today with the gouging is just lame.

i have stopped buying from anybody who is gouging.

i continue to buy things from those that sell retail and haven't got too greedy.

there are plenty of mags in the warehouses still and with the sky high demand they start arriving pretty soon.

no need to pay the gougers for their greed.

#18 ·
Yup the official "Gunco Steel AK and AR Mag". Could be the next best thing. We can even make 7 rounders for the poor souls trapped behing the Big Apple Curtain.

#17 ·
Anyone that atempts to gouge customers or refuse to seel items when laws are not even passed yet will not ever receive my bussiness once the smoke clears they eill be all hunky dorie as if nothing ever happened, But Im like elephant I NEVER FORGET. I can make my own furnature, & I can make my own ammunnition. I make diffrent rounds every day. My advise is get soenm reloading equipment and study what you have to get your brass and make your own. The Goverment is not your friend the Goverment is the problem and its time to fix the peoblem dig into these peoples back grounds and expose them for what they really are! remember the Freedom Of Information Act will get you alot of information you just have to know what you are looking for, and how to rewuest it on the forms....Doc

#20 ·
sniper.. Thank you.. Welcome too the forum. Good number, I will do the same..
Do NOT want another catalog from them..
Their catalogs do make good fire starters though.. :rofl:

#21 ·
sent this e-mail to CTD today:

I have ordered from you in the past but due to recent business decisions, and what I see as price gouging at this time, I will no longer be a customer of yours. I believe you have seriously injured yourself with the shooting population and I doubt you will ever regain the prominence you once had.

#23 ·
I am still shocked. $130 for Magazines that I used to just give away...

#24 ·
I heard a commercial for CTD on Glenn Beck show today. He was saying how great they were, how he buys all his ammunition from them etc. They way he spoke, they were the greatest company in the world.

#29 ·
I heard a commercial for CTD on Glenn Beck show today. He was saying how great they were, how he buys all his ammunition from them etc. They way he spoke, they were the greatest company in the world.
GB is a millionaire so I guess CTD is the right place for him. For the rest of us little people CTD is a bunch of greedy sellouts that turned its back on the people who got them where they were. If you jack up your prices to capitalize on the currnet situation you are no better than the ones trying to go after the guns. Both are trying to capitalize on a tragedy.

F you very much CTD hopefully the GBs of the world can keep you afloat.

#27 ·
Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
ARE THEY STILL SPONSORS HERE??????

Not anymore!
GOOD MOVE. YOU HAVE MY RESPECT I WAS A LITTLE AFRAID TO SAY WHAT I REALLY FELT AN NOW I DONT HAVE TO.

I LIKE THAT I CAN ALWAYS REFER OTHERS TO OUR SPONSERS AN KNOW THERE NOT GOING TO GET SCREWED . SOME OTHERS HERE HAVE RAISED PRICES ABOUT 20% BUT THAT A LOT DIFFERANT CTD BULLSHIT.

#30 ·
I never liked Cheaper Than Dirt anyway, so it's no skin off my nose, but it still sucks!!! What freaking asshats! I would still get their catalog though, as 4th said if nothing but fire starters. Big reason is that it costs them to send it out, and I would want them to piss away as much money as possible with no sales to return it. Just a thought.

Did anyone get the CDNN e-mail update yesterday showing a stripped AR lower for $1599.00?!?!?!?!

#33 ·
ordered a few OOS ar-15 7.62x39 mags from JSE for $18 each-

-CDNN had them up for $30 each and out of stock too. i figured them being an oddball --they be last to get re-stocked.

i was expecting to wait a few weeks or even months for the mags --

the OOS JSE mags shipped today a week at regular price!

i got a feeling these people paying outrageous end of days pricing are going to be sick when this stuff starts showing up in stock at retail prices! and that may not be as far off as many think!

PS there are still some good people in the biz-- trade with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.