Gunco Forums banner

It happened - NY newspaper listings lead to stolen guns

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  j427x 
#1 ·
#2 ·
What a surprise that it took this long.

#5 ·
HMMM I HATE TO SAY IT BUT IT MIGHT BE JUST A OWNER LOOKING FOR A WAY TO SUE???? YEAP MY GUNS GOT STOLEN AN NOW I WANT THAT PAPER TO PAY.

THE OTHER PROBLEM IS UNLESS THYE CATCH A CROOK WHO ADMITTS HE GOT THE IDEA TO GOT HERE BECAUSE OF THE LIST ITS PRETTY HARD TO PIN IT ON THE PAPER.
THERE GOING TO SAY HOUSES GET ROBBED ALL THE TIME AN PULL UP EXAMPLES OF GUN OWNERS WHO WERE ROBBED PRIOR TOT HE LIST BEING RELEASED.

WHAT NEED TO HAPPEN IS SOMEBODY NEEDS TO BE DESCRIMINATED DO BEING ON THE LIST LIKE A JOB APPLICANT AN THEN LOOK OUT .

IF I WERE IN THERE SHOES ID SENDEVERY EMPLOYIE AN THERE FAMIALY MEAMABERS A NICE LETTER SAYING HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE EVERY ONE KNOWING WERE I LIVE AN THOUGHT ID THNK THEM BUY SEDNING MAILK TOT THERE ADDRESS.

HOW ABOUT A MASS JUNK MAIL BARRAGE AS WELL.

THERE HAS TO BE A FAIR AN LEGAL WAY TO FIGHT BACK.

IS IT LEGAL TO GO TO SOME ONES HOUSE AN ASK TO TALK TO THEM ABOUT STUFF AS LONG AS THREATS ARE NOT MADE????? HELLOW MR NEWS PAPER PRESIDENT I THOUGHT ID STOP BY AN TALK TO YOU ABOUT HOW I FEEL ITS A BD IDEA TO POST MY NAME AS A PERSON WHO IS LEGALY CARRING A GUN. IS THERE A TIME THAT YOU CANT DO THIS ????? WHAT ARE THE LAWS ABOUT GOING TO A PERSONS HOUSE FOR A CHAT???????????????

#6 ·
Well, here is the responsible witch's info:

Journal News-Publisher

Janet Hasson
3 Gate House Lane
Mamaroneck, NY 10534

914-694-5204

I say everyone calls/writes her and tells her off.

#8 ·
biggun...

You can legally go too her house and ask too talk with her, hell no law against that..
Can not enter her property if she has "No Trespassing" signs.
Big problem. She has hired "Armed Bodyguards" 24/7, so you have to ask them.
Again having lived in that general A.O.. One must understand what she did.
Rules may have changed, but Joe the hunter with a shotgun did not need a permit, just a hunting license.
To get a permit up there to carry, you better have a damn good reason and a damn clean background.
She outed, not Joe the hunter. But retired Police Officers, retired CIA agents, retired FBI agents, Judges, people who carry large sums of money, etc..
How would someone like to have them pissed at you? :help:
She has created a lifetime of problems for herself.
Those people do not forget.. That Judge she outed, can not wait to see her in his or her court room..
Her problems are not over, their just starting..

#9 ·
You can legally go too her house and ask too talk with her, hell no law against that..
Can not enter her property if she has "No Trespassing" signs.
Big problem. She has hired "Armed Bodyguards" 24/7, so you have to ask them.
Again having lived in that general A.O.. One must understand what she did.
Rules may have changed, but Joe the hunter with a shotgun did not need a permit, just a hunting license.
To get a permit up there to carry, you better have a damn good reason and a damn clean background.
She outed, not Joe the hunter. But retired Police Officers, retired CIA agents, retired FBI agents, Judges, people who carry large sums of money, etc..
How would someone like to have them pissed at you? :help:
She has created a lifetime of problems for herself.
Those people do not forget.. That Judge she outed, can not wait to see her in his or her court room..
Her problems are not over, their just starting..
Hell her own bodyguards would probably love to look the other way...:bye2:

#11 ·
This First Amendment "Freedom of the Press" stuff has gone too far! The Founders surely didn't anticipate telegraphy, radio, fax, television, or the internet. Given the power of the printed word, it's only reasonable to control the press.

How about a five-day waiting period before printing news? And newspaper registration - "the pen is mightier than the sword", newspapers can damage people's reputations and livelihood, you know. Newspapers should be kept away from children, who are impressionable and might believe what they read. And should a newspaper be stolen and someone act unlawfully on the information given within, the reporters and publishers should personally responsible.

#12 ·
This First Amendment "Freedom of the Press" stuff has gone too far! The Founders surely didn't anticipate telegraphy, radio, fax, television, or the internet. Given the power of the printed word, it's only reasonable to control the press.

How about a five-day waiting period before printing news? And newspaper registration - "the pen is mightier than the sword", newspapers can damage people's reputations and livelihood, you know. Newspapers should be kept away from children, who are impressionable and might believe what they read. And should a newspaper be stolen and someone act unlawfully on the information given within, the reporters and publishers should personally responsible.
:rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.