Gunco Forums banner

Dissapointment from the mailman today

3K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  OK92 
#1 ·
So I'm out fixin to run my woodspliter for a bit & the mail man pulls in the driveway instead of just filling the box with hospital bills.
I thought oh boy I'm getting some backordered gun parts.
Instead he leans out the window & says Hey Brad, Steve up at the feedmill tells me you build AK's & I wondered if you would sell me one !!

I said yeah, if you will stop bringing me bills !!

No parts for me either today...........

I told him I never sell guns I put together & please don't tell anyone I have guns at all.

These are crazy times i tell ya !!

#2 ·
I know what you mean as people who used to tell me I was nuts for building AK's, now they want me to sell them one of the things they laughed @! Times have changed & no, they are not for sale.........then they say that all stores are out of rifles & ammo!

#6 ·
If they know, the whole town knows. Invest in high quality locks.

I sometimes wonder about some of these ups drivers. What if....?
Not as crazy as some would think. On another forum I frequent a poster said his female black UPS driver made the comment to him that "everybody be buyin boolits, whats up wit dat?" If she noticed it, then it's dang sure not a secret. I wonder how many parcel carriers of all types are actually on the side of the "bad guys", and marking their route map for future use as to who is getting gun or prepper supplies? Sell the list to some gang bangers, or even the goobermint.

#7 ·
Dad
taught me very important lesson as young lad, its a lesson I have passed on
DON"T TELL ANYONE WE OWN GUNS, never brag about what we own, yes neighbors and close friends know we hunt and thats it

I have a delivery of 5.45x 39mm from SG that was suppose to get delivered here up north before I head back to florida, well SG screwed up sent it my office in the Jax area,( credit card address) My office refused it because they were not expecting it. when i found out about it, i called SG and had it shipped to the house in So . florida. the UPS driver (who is pro-2a and a hunter, he asked me if I hunt, told him on occasion, but love saltwater fish though) will not leave it for the neighbor till I get there on saturday and sent it back to sg. sg just sent me a new confirmation its on it way again
that poor crate has made it rounds, guess the driver knows whats in the box!!!!

#8 ·
Dad
taught me very important lesson as young lad, its a lesson I have passed on
DON"T TELL ANYONE WE OWN GUNS, never brag about what we own, yes neighbors and close friends know we hunt and thats it

I have a delivery of 5.45x 39mm from SG that was suppose to get delivered here up north before I head back to florida, well SG screwed up sent it my office in the Jax area,( credit card address) My office refused it because they were not expecting it. when i found out about it, i called SG and had it shipped to the house in So . florida. the UPS driver (who is pro-2a and a hunter, he asked me if I hunt, told him on occasion, but love saltwater fish though) will not leave it for the neighbor till I get there on saturday and sent it back to sg. sg just sent me a new confirmation its on it way again
that poor crate has made it rounds, guess the driver knows whats in the box!!!!
LOL. Well if it has anymore problems getting to you Sprat, you can always have it shipped to my house. I promise I'll take good care of it for you!!!!

#10 ·
I sometimes wonder about some of these ups drivers. What if....?
I CAUGHT ONE IN MY DADS TOOL BOX WHEN I WAS A KID HE THOUGHT NO ONE WAS HOME. GARAGE WAS OPEN AN HE JUST WALKED IN NEVER KNOCKED OR ANY THING. I WAS ABOUT 14 I YELLED AT HIM I DONT KNOW WHO WAS SCARED MORE ME OR HIM lol

THAT BEING SAID A KNOW A BUNCH OF UPS DRIVERS TODAY AN THERE ALL STAND UP GUYS . LIKE ALL THINGS IT ONLY TAKES ONE BAD APPLE . UPS USED TO HIRE ONLY THE BEST AN PAID THEM WELL BUT SINCE THE BIG STIKE ABOUT 12 YEARS AGO THEY SEEM TO HAVE SLIPPED LOTS OF PART TIME WORKERS AN CRAP LIKE THAT IT SEEMS.

#12 ·
never tell anyone what you have , Unless you are 100% without any doubts that this person wil not rat you out and even then Id be cautious, I have an ex wife, who one day was parading her girl friends around the house showing, everyfirearms I owned and what I was biulding, Can you guess what happened when I cam home and found all this BS Going On, Espically after we had had a long heart to heart disscussion! yep if your thinking divorce you are right! she was gone like a thief in the night, Im just a very private person . people dont need to know what I have nor do I break the rules on what Im supposed to have. I am not a forgiving person well maybe just once for a mistake, but ther eis no second chance. espically in this day and age......Doc

#13 ·
Well, I live in a town of 700 people. The feedmill is also my FFL dealer where I have my receivers & guns transfered. He's also the local UPS station.
It's also the local gathering spot where folks hang out to share news. He has two couchs & a tv with tape player playing hunting & gun tapes all day long.
It's hard to keep a secret very long.
The mail men & police hang out with every one else there.
The one comfort I have is that I go out of my way to do everything legal. I think I'm the only one who has even heard of 922r around here.
I hear full auto fire quite often , as most everyone else has no idea that your not supposed to buy a Sten kit & a piece of tube & have at it.
I don't let anyone in my shop, since a few years back my best friend and neighbor started telling his buddies at work I had a bunch of machine guns after seeing some of my parts kits.
NO ONE has been in my shop since then AT ALL!

#16 ·
Well yeah, I know the routien, empty revolver, one round in the shirt pocket. Barney Fife style of defense.
We are all just spectators on the bleachers watching the
walls come crumbling down...just so goddamn hysterical.

#14 ·
YEA I MAKE IT VERY VERY CLEAR I DONT BUILD GUNS FOR SALE I DONT DO FULL AUTO.

ANY ONE ASKING ME HOW TO DO FULL AUTO GETS A LECTURE AN WE DONT DISCUSS GUNS AGIAN.

I GET THE HOW HARD IS IT TO MAKE THOSE AKS FULL AUTO I SAY ABOUT AS AHRD AS TAKING IT UO THE ASS FOR 10 YEARS OR MORE.

I RELIAZE MOT PEOPLE DONT KNOW HOW SEVERE THE LAWS ARE OR THAT HERE ARE EVEN LAWS OR ANYTHING ABOUT IT . I TRY TO GIVE A FEW FACTA ABOUT HOW ITS ILLEAGLE AN IS SERIOUS CRIME . MOST SEEM TO UNDER STAND .

I FEEL IF THE ATF EVER CAME BY ID HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE AS LONG AS THEY FOLLOW THERE OWN RULES . AN THAT HWO WE ALL SHOULD OPERATE YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU MGHT GET A VIST BECAUE A NEIGHBOR OR OTHER PERSON SAID YOU BUILD MACHINE GUNS. I COULD NOT TELL YOU WERE THE FULL AUTO PARTS EVEN GO I HAVE NEVER EVEN LOOKED AS FAR AS HOW THEY WORK. I LETTERLAY HAVE NO CLUE HOW THE STUF GOES IN.

I HAD A TALK WITH MY SON WHO IS 12 THE OTHR DAY AN TOLD HIM YOU DONT TALK ABOUT DAD BUIDING GUNS OR HAVING GUNS AT SCHOOL OR TO YOUR BUDDIES . TOLD HIM ITS OK TO SAY HE HUNTS BUT TO AVOID TELLING KIDS HE SHOOTS A AK. I CAN JUST SEE HOW A TEACHER WOULD REACT. TOLD HIM THAT IF ANY ONE ASKS TO DESCRIBE THT OUR GUNS OUR LOCKED UP AN THAT HE CANT GET TO THEM.
MY EXWIFE IS ON BOARD AN WHEN PEOLE ASK WHAT HE HUNTS WITH SHE SAYS THEY WOULD HAVE TO ASK HIS DAD. AT LEAST WE DONT ARGUE OVER HIM BEING ABLE TO HUNT AN SHOOT. INFACT SHE LIKES HIM HUNTING AN SHOOTING VS VIDEO GAMES.

I DONT HAVE NRA STICKERS ON MY TRUCK OR ANY POLITICAL STICKERS FOR THT MATTER . YOU WILL NEVER KNOW IM A GUN OWNER IF YOU WERE TO PULL ME OVER .

#21 ·
This..

AB-2000 Pepper Spray and Anti-burglary Home Security Devices

Anti Burglar System
The AB-2000 is the Do-it-Yourself Anti Burglar System

If you can not afford a safe, or do not have room for one, get this..
Trip wire connects too any thing you want.. Face full of this in the jib, they aint taking nuttin..
Home Depot, Loews, etc.. Sell all kinds of inexpensive security systems.. Do it yourself simple things..
Thieves, even the pros, hate.
- lights.
- noise.
- barking dogs..
- anything that slows them down..
Tractor supply sells long plastic coated chains you can run through your trigger guards. Or do like twa did, put a bear trap in your gun room, they will still be there when you come home. :help:
A "Malaysian Whip" with sharpened bamboo stakes is kind of easy to set up. Just kind of a mess to clean up later.
My UPS drivers are cool dudes.. Both gun collectors..
Brad I know what you mean... Small town here also, everybody knows everyone's business..
Not that I can not get robbed. But really no need for them to do that, the whole damn town is armed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.