Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: FIENSTIENS BILL INTRODUCED!

Feedback Score

I'm still confused about the assault pistol thing... All my pistols are defense pistols...
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Blade View Post

Fineswine is just another Kapo Jew. The Kap Jews were those Jews who collaborated with the Nazis like George Soros who helped the SS round up his fellow Jews in Bucharest during the occupation. More correctly, the Kapos were those (mostly Jews) in the concentration camps who led other Jews to the "showers" and who fed the ovens and in general kept the mainstream Jews from causing problems for their captors.
    I wonder what the JPFO thinks about these folks. These gun grabbers seem to forget the Jewish saying that came about because of the holocaust-"NEVER AGAIN!"
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

LOOKS TO ME LIKE VIOLEN T CRIME IN PHLY HAS BEEN LOWER IN THE LAST TWO YEARS THAN IT WAS EVER DURING THE BAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AN THAITS WITH MILLIONS MORE SO CALLED ASSULT WAPONS ON THE TREETS NOW VS THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT DOES LOOK LIKE AFTER THE BAN THINGS WENT UP HARD TO TELL IF ASSULT WEAPONS PLAYED ANY PART OF ANY OF THIS. MIGHT THE CITY GOT TOUGH ON CRIME HARD TO SAY .

Philadelphia Crime Statistics: Pennsylvania (PA) - CityRating.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

OK TELL ME IF IM WRONG BUT ACCORDING TO THE CRIME STATICS HERE MURDERS HAVE DROPPED DRASTICALY SINCE THE PREVIOUS ASSULT WEAPON ENDED IN FACT WERE LESS LIKELY TO BE KILLED TO DAY THAN IN 1960 AN 50% LESS LIKELY THANIN 1980.

PEOLE NEED TO SUDY AN KNOW THESE NUMBERS WHEN SOME BOSY SAYS THE SALES OF GUNS HAVE INCREADED CRIME iN FACT IT APPERAS JUST THE OPPOSITE.

CAN SOME ONE TAKE THIS LINK AN POST IT SO IT CAN BE SEEN????????

United States Crime Rates 1960 - 2011

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

FROM WIKIPEDIA ABOUT HE ORIGINAL 1994-204 BAN KEEP IN MIND THE MURDER RATE AHS GONE WAY DOWN SINCE THE BAN EXPIRED . LEARN IT KNOW IT .

Expiration and effect on crimeOpponents of the ban claimed that its expiration has seen little if any increase in crime, while Senator Diane Feinstein claimed the ban was effective because "It was drying up supply and driving up prices."[7]
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention studied the "assault weapon" ban and other gun control attempts, and found "insufficient evidence to determine the effectiveness of any of the firearms laws reviewed for preventing violence," noting "that insufficient evidence to determine effectiveness should not be interpreted as evidence of ineffectiveness."[8] A 2004 critical review of research on firearms by a National Research Council panel also noted that academic studies of the assault weapon ban "did not reveal any clear impacts on gun violence" and noted "due to the fact that the relative rarity with which the banned guns were used in crime before the ban ... the maximum potential effect of the ban on gun violence outcomes would be very small...."[9]

In 2004, a research report submitted to the United States Department of Justice and the National Institute of Justice found that should the ban be renewed, its effects on gun violence would likely be small, and perhaps too small for reliable measurement, because rifles in general, including rifles referred to as "assault rifles" or "assault weapons", are rarely used in gun crimes.[10] That study by Christopher S. Koper, Daniel J. Woods, and Jeffrey A. Roth of the Jerry Lee Center of Criminology, University of Pennsylvania found no statistically significant evidence that either the assault weapons ban or the ban on magazines holding more than 10 rounds had reduced gun murders. However, they concluded that it was "premature to make definitive assessments of the ban's impact on gun crime," and argue that if the ban had been in effect for more than nine years, benefits might have begun to appear.[11]

Research by John Lott in the 2000 second edition of More Guns, Less Crime provided the first research on state and the Federal Assault Weapon Bans.[12] The 2010 third edition provided the first empirical research on the 2004 sunset of the Federal Assault Weapon Ban.[13] Generally, the research found no impact of these bans on violent crime rates, though the third edition provided some evidence that Assault Weapon Bans slightly increased murder rates. Lott's book The Bias Against Guns provided evidence that the bans reduced the number of gun shows by over 20 percent.[14] Koper, Woods, and Roth studies focus on gun murders, while Lott's looks at murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assaults. Unlike their work, Lott's research accounted for state Assault Weapon Bans and 12 other different types of gun control laws.

The Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence examined the impact of the Assault Weapons Ban in its 2004 report, On Target: The Impact of the 1994 Federal Assault Weapon Act. Examining 1.4 million guns involved in crime, "in the five-year period before enactment of the Federal Assault Weapons Act (1990-1994), assault weapons named in the Act constituted 4.82% of the crime gun traces ATF conducted nationwide. Since the law’s enactment, however, these assault weapons have made up only 1.61% of the guns ATF has traced to crime." A spokesman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) stated that he "can in no way vouch for the validity" of the report.[16]

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

VERY INTERESTING STUDY AN NOT OVERLY BIASED IT SHOWS SOME COOL GUNS ALSO . I THINK IT WAS THE SUDY RELEASD TO CONGRES IN 2004????

http://www.sas.upenn.edu/jerrylee/re..._final2004.pdf

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

their cherry picking --probably biased so called 'facts' to try to prop up this BS.

what obamma is after is the industry --re really don't give a damn about the weapons or who has them.

but if he can CRUSH the firearms industry by banning their best sellers it is a big VICTORY for social CHANGE!

of course more americans will lose their jobs, crime witll sky rocket even more when the cartels find it is profitable to toss a few south american AKs with the the coca and the meth chemicals--

the irony will be that the trail the BATF was trying to frame citizens with will be AKs coming FROM mexico! ass backwards that is obamma all the way!

more profits for the gangs and less jobs!-- that should be their battle cry!

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

I caught a phrase today from a talking head on the TV.

''Dry up the supply of weapons and ammo''

Makes ya think, don't it? Cerberus bundled the industry up into one nice and easily handled package.

There are no coincidences in business or politics. Neo-Fascism? maybe. They've studied so many take-overs that they are writing new chapters to an old tactic.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Write your representatives...especially in Red states.
    Keep the pressure on, and Congress may just eviserate this bill with negotiations/horse-trading. Something getting passed that is more restrictive is probably inevitable but watering down the key portions should be a prime strategy for gun owners.

And as we saw with the Calif. bans there will be legal challenges and a lot of creative companies thinking up way to design-around the provisions that are the "definitions" of what these assault things are.
    "To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
    - Thomas Alva Edison
    |> Military training/history DVDs: www.loose-cannon.com/military
    Latest eBook: Build Your Own AK: Vol. II

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

The FBI's own violent crime stats show that in general violent crime has gone DOWN in the US roughly 49% over the last 10 years. What I find interesting is that NO ONE is taking credit for that!?!?!?! Why aren't the Republicans crowing from the rooftops about this?!?!?!?! Why aren't the Democraps trying to spin it so that some of their programs are responsible?? Why is no one taking credit for this?? Makes you wonder.

Just more evidence that it really doesn't matter what "party" you're affiliated with, because behind the scenes whatever administration is in power is just doing what they are told to do.

Bill, I think a LOT of these high level folks who ARE NOT doing what their constituents want/demand, should get a 3rd eye.

Abukai, I too love this new term coined by the Left "assault pistol". I mean seriously WTF is that?!?!?!?! Is it now anything that they don't like is going to be labeled as an "assault_____"??? Let's see, we don't want people cutting down trees to use for lumber in housing construction, so we will outlaw "assault trees"!!
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.