Thread: MILWAUKE SHERRIF SAYS TO ARM YOURSELF

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default MILWAUKE SHERRIF SAYS TO ARM YOURSELF

WOW THIS IS GETTING CLOSE TO HOME AN THE MAYOR IS AT ODDS WITH HIM. NOT SURE WHEN THIS HAPPENED . NOT SURE WERE THE MAYOR THINKS THYE CAN GET ANYWERE IN 2 MINUTES. HOW LONG DO MASS SHOOTINGS TAKE ANY WAY??????

MILWAUKEE - “Can I count on you?”

It’s the question Milwaukee county Sheriff David A. Clarke, Jr., asks residents in a new radio spot about personal safety.

AUDIO: Click to hear the radio spot

“With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option,” he states.

Clarke tells residents personal safety isn’t a spectator sport, and “I need you in the game.”

“You could beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back, but are you prepared?”

Clarke suggests listeners take a firearm safety course and learn how to handle a firearm “so you can defend yourself until we get there.”

Clarke calls residents “partners” and says “You have a duty to protect yourself and your family.”

Jodie Tabak, spokeswoman for Mayor Tom Barrett, released this statement from the mayor’s office:

“Apparently, Sheriff David Clark is auditioning for the next Dirty Harry movie.”

The Greenfield Police Dept. posted the following statement on its Facebook page:

-No Greenfield officers have been laid off or furloughed.
    -Violent crime is down overall and in Greenfield
    -Our response time to violent crime is less than two minutes
    -The decision to arm yourself with a firearm is a very personal and private decision that should not be driven by fear that our officers will not respond to your calls for help.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

It was just posted on Comcast's home page about 1/2 ago
    By AMY FORLITI, AP
    26 minutes ago

A sheriff who released a radio ad urging Milwaukee-area residents to learn to handle firearms so they can defend themselves while waiting for police said Friday that law enforcement cutbacks have changed the way police can respond to crime.

In the 30-second commercial, Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke Jr. says personal safety is no longer a spectator sport.

"I need you in the game," he says.

"With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option," he adds. "You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back. ... Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there."
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

1. It is refreshing to hear another Sheriff speaking the truth.
    2. He is right, and I wish I lived in his county.
    3. The Police have no duty to protect you.
    4. Mayor Who? Another elected condom filler? Oh, I see, the SpokesHole of the Condom Filler.......

Enough Said?
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Louie Caviller. Head of the Police union New Haven, Connecticut at his retirement press conference in New Haven..
    I grew up with Louie..
    "If you come into the jungle of New Haven after dark, have a gun. We cannot protect you."
    Last edited by 4thIDvet; 04-23-2013 at 03:26 AM.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

AFTER SPEACKING TO A MILWAUKE PD OFFICER LAST NIGHT WHO IM FRIENDS WITH

HIS TAKE IS THAT THE MILWAUKE SHERRIF IS DOING THIS TO GET MORE MONEY SAYS THEY GUYS HAS GUTTED HIS OWNN DEPRTMENT AN IS USING THIS SPPROACH TO GET MORE. HE REFERED TO THE SHERIIF AS A IDOT AN HE IS NOT RESPECED BY THE LOCAL PD,S IN THE AREA

SO WHILE HE MIGHT BE SAYING ARM YOUR SELVES HES DOING IT MORE TO GET MOMEU AN ATTENTIOM FOR THE SHERIFFS DEPT THAN HE IS FOR HELPING GUN OWNERS. NY BUDDY IS VERY PRO GUN BTW I THNG HE GAVE ME A PRETTY HONEST ASSMENT OF THE MILW SHERRIF. THE WORDS THE GUY IS F$%KING IDIOT WAS USED MULTIPUL TIMES IN OUR CONVERSATION. HE MENTIONED THAT MOST OF HIS CO WORKERS ARE AGAINST THE BAN BUT HE ASLO SAID HE HEARS SUPPORT FOR A MAG BAN A LOT.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 4thIDvet View Post
    Louie Caviller. Head of the Police union New Haven, Connecticut at his retirement press conference in New Haven..
    I grew up with Louie..
    "If you come into the jungle of New Haven after dark, have a gun. We cannot protect you."
    And what happens when some citizen smokes a couple monkeys in that jungle? Scumbag DA and POS Judge put them away for defending themselves! Or they spend life savings to stay out of prison.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Well this sherrif & the Mayor did an interview with Piers Morgan.

SHERRIF STOOD HIS GROUND NOTING WHEN THE MAYOR WAS BEATEN WITH A TIRE IRON AT STATE FAIR . LOL.
    Wisconsin Sheriff Who Encouraged Residents to Arm Themselves Goes Head-to-Head with Piers Morgan
    Leah Barkoukis Leah Barkoukis
    Web Editor, Townhall.com Jan 30, 2013 07:58 PM ESTClick if you like this post! Sign-Up Milwaukee Country Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett joined Piers Morgan on his show to discuss the sheriff’s radio ad, which urges citizens to consider taking a firearms safety course because “simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.” Clarke’s point was that with officers laid off and furloughed, police might not be able to respond as quickly as needed. Thus, citizens may want to consider giving themselves another option: learn how to responsibly use a firearm for self-defense. This, of course, doesn’t fly with Morgan, a staunch gun-control advocate, or Mayor Barrett, a co-founder of Mayors Against Illegal Guns.

In a two-against-one match-up, the gun control gang (mostly Morgan) took issue with everything from Clarke’s “Hollywood” voice in the ad, to the role of the sheriff’s office, and Clarke’s inability to give a figure on how many people in Milwaukee have defended themselves or their family at home with a gun.

Clarke stood his ground, though—particularly when he brought up the 2009 incident at the Wisconsin State Fair when Mayor Barrett was severely beaten by a man with a tire iron. “I’m sure that if you had a gun and a plan that day, the outcome would have been a little different,” Clarke said.

“Personal safety is an individual responsibility,” Clarke argued. Learning how to responsibly use a firearm is just one of the options available to citizens in a life-threatening situation when seconds count and police are only minutes away. Like he pointed out in the radio ad, “You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed or you can fight back.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HERE IS THE RADIO AD FROM MILW SHERRIF YOU CANT GET ANY MORE TO THE POINT THAN THIS !!!! ITS WORTH OPENING AN LISTENING TO .

» Sheriff urges residents to arm themselves with guns » Fresh Ink -- GOPUSA

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HERE IS THE ENTIRE INTRIVIEW WITH PIERS. PIERS BASICALY TALKS OVR ANYHTING HE DOSENT LIKE .

Piers Morgan Gets Dominated by Wisconsin Sheriff | Piers Morgan | Fox Nation

Feedback Score

Its safe to say we are ahead the curve on this one.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.