Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I Put My Life on the Line Writing This Article!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default I Put My Life on the Line Writing This Article!

I Put My Life on the Line Writing This Article!

They really use that terminology as they lobby for "donning and doffing" rules that give them extra pay for the time they spend slipping into their government-supplied garments.

But the latest data from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics once again show that these groups of government employees work in relatively safe professions, with firefighters having a lower death rate than the average American worker and barely edging out cashiers in terms of putting their lives on the line. Most cashiers are killed on the job because of homicides, whereas a quarter of firefighter deaths are from truck accidents and the numbers have declined, apparently, after concerted efforts to convince these heroes to buckle their seatbelts.

Read Full Story: I Put My Life on the Line Writing This Article! by Steven Greenhut
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMM WERE IS OUR LITTLE FIRE FIGHTHER BUDDY??????

IM GOING TO SIT THIS ONE OUT IF HE SHOWES UP AN GET SOME POPCORN

FIREDUP YOU OUT THERE LOL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Havent seen Friedup here in a while. I was wondering what his take was on the gun ban his buddys in the white house are cooking up.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

I always smile when I read propaganda like this. If the job of police officer and firefighter were so easy why don't more people apply?

Granted many firefighters do not face death every day, neither do many cops. But the fact that escapes desk jockeys like this reporter is that when we apply we know that at any moment when on duty we may face death while performing our jobs. In most other occupations work related deaths or injuries occur because of industrial accidents or crime. Not during expected duties considered "normal" in that field.

Let me take the doubters and put them in turn out gear and have them crawl that hallway that is black as night with smoke and with fire blowing over their head with temps at th ceiling over 1500 degrees...Now tell me how easy my job is. Or the car accident call with someone's body parts spread all over the road. or the EMS call with 570 pound Billy Bob on the 3rd floor with some glorious contagious disease. Yeah, it's a real easy job...

Or put them in a police uniform and let them battle the armed doper stoned on PCP by themself while waiting for back up. Or face the domestic dispute where those fighting will become allies and attack the officer. Or go on that child abuse call where an infant was thrown against the wall and murdered. Yeah, it's an easy job.

I am both a career and volunteer firefighter so I will not rip on vollies, or career firefighters. The simple fact is most often career firefighters either supplement vollies, or replace them when the call volume becaomes too great for the volunteers to handle, or the number of volunteers is inadequate to handle the calls they have. My Union has NEVER made any moves against any volunteer fire department and infact 20-30 members of that department are volunteers on their off days.

To me the intent of the 2nd Ammendment is 100% crystal clear. "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." I don't see any BUT behind that, I don't see any mention of muskets, I don't see any mention of magazine capacity, I don't see any mention of registration, I don't see any mention of keeping and bearing arms soley for hunting, I don't see any mention of confiscation...SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

The battle lines are being drawn, there are several states passing laws to prevent the enforcement of any laws violating the 2nd Ammendment, the number of County Sheriffs standing up against these illegal actions by obama is increasing, peaceful demonstrations by law abiding firearms owners. This is going to get really ugly before it is over and there is no gray area. Either you are 100% pro-gun or you are the enemy in this circustance, compromisers are the enemy, appeasers are the enemy. To me it is that simple.

So is my position clear enough for all of you now?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

There has been talk about Sherrif's not complying for the past 4 years! Everyone knew that the bastards were just waiting for the right oppertunity to strike.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post

Granted many firefighters do not face death every day, neither do many cops. But the fact that escapes desk jockeys like this reporter is that when we apply we know that at any moment when on duty we may face death while performing our jobs. In most other occupations work related deaths or injuries occur because of industrial accidents or crime. Not during expected duties considered "normal" in that field.

Let me take the doubters and put them in turn out gear and have them crawl that hallway that is black as night with smoke and with fire blowing over their head with temps at th ceiling over 1500 degrees...Now tell me how easy my job is. Or the car accident call with someone's body parts spread all over the road. or the EMS call with 570 pound Billy Bob on the 3rd floor with some glorious contagious disease. Yeah, it's a real easy job...

Or put them in a police uniform and let them battle the armed doper stoned on PCP by themself while waiting for back up. Or face the domestic dispute where those fighting will become allies and attack the officer. Or go on that child abuse call where an infant was thrown against the wall and murdered. Yeah, it's an easy job.

I am both a career and volunteer firefighter so I will not rip on vollies, or career firefighters. The simple fact is most often career firefighters either supplement vollies, or replace them when the call volume becaomes too great for the volunteers to handle, or the number of volunteers is inadequate to handle the calls they have. My Union has NEVER made any moves against any volunteer fire department and infact 20-30 members of that department are volunteers on their off days.

To me the intent of the 2nd Ammendment is 100% crystal clear. "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." I don't see any BUT behind that, I don't see any mention of muskets, I don't see any mention of magazine capacity, I don't see any mention of registration, I don't see any mention of keeping and bearing arms soley for hunting, I don't see any mention of confiscation...SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

The battle lines are being drawn, there are several states passing laws to prevent the enforcement of any laws violating the 2nd Ammendment, the number of County Sheriffs standing up against these illegal actions by obama is increasing, peaceful demonstrations by law abiding firearms owners. This is going to get really ugly before it is over and there is no gray area. Either you are 100% pro-gun or you are the enemy in this circustance, compromisers are the enemy, appeasers are the enemy. To me it is that simple.

So is my position clear enough for all of you now?
    I edited your response, because except for the first two lines, you have contributed with a quality post here.

Do you find that your position on the 2nd Amendment is shared by your co-workers or does it make you 'the odd man out'?

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by tanvil View Post
    I edited your response, because except for the first two lines, you have contributed with a quality post here.

Do you find that your position on the 2nd Amendment is shared by your co-workers or does it make you 'the odd man out'?
    The vast majority of people I work with are hunters, skeet shooters, and gun owners. The truth is many own pistols for self defense, a few have their CCW. We have many conversations around the dinner table about guns, hunting, self defense and the 2nd Ammendment. The truth is their liberal politics do not include being anti-gun. That is where the definition of people as liberals and leftisist doesn't always fit nice and neatly.

Feedback Score

Wow what an article... They should probably include how its more dangerous to walk aound in Chicago than it is to serve in combat operations in Afghanistan right now...

FyredUp agree 100% with the stance on the 2nd.

Saying "You can still practice your right to bear arms, but you can only have certain types of weapons or magazines because" is the same thing as saying "You can still practice your freedom of religion, but as long as you are Christian"

Yeah I bet people would fight then... Most Dems right now aren't doing anything to solve problems they are simply trying to tell you to be afraid of it and whos to blame for it...
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Good to see you posting, Fyred. You end up getting the shitty end of the stick here sometimes. Guilt by association I guess. But you stick to your guns, and for that, no matter how your views sometimes rankle me, you have my begrudging respect.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    Good to see you posting, Fyred. You end up getting the shitty end of the stick here sometimes. Guilt by association I guess. But you stick to your guns, and for that, no matter how your views sometimes rankle me, you have my begrudging respect.
    Thanks, I see us all as Brothers here and occasionally some of the bloodiest battles occur between Brothers. We don't have to always agree, but we can try our best to be civil and that is what I am going to try and do from now on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.