Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: School bus shooting

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

test post!!......what the hell?....I am unable to start a new thread...Am I still here?...LOL

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Default Read this biggun..

Judge, Lawyers Urge Parole In Chowchilla School Bus Kidnap
    The case has now taken an even more unusual turn, with the judges, prosecutors and investigators who sent the men to prison rallying in support of their push for parole
    Judge, Lawyers Urge Parole In Chowchilla School Bus Kidnap CBS Sacramento

Why was he on the streets? Because the liberal Judges and feel good people, do not want to punish them to harshly..
    China. Someone harms a child. Trial, guilty. Short walk down the hall, bullet too the back of the head.. Problem solved..
    Oh. Bill for the bullets goes too the surviving family.. It was .70 cents American few years back when I was in the Orient.
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I remember that kidnapping with the kids on the bus. I can't believe that anybody would let those guys out on the street Or even suggest giving them parole.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

WELL THEY GOT HIM

Video, Charles Albert Poland, Jimmy Lee Dykes, Jimmy Lee Dykes. Alabama Hostage Situation, Alabama Hostage Situation, Alabama Hostage Crisis, Alabama-Bunker, Charles Poland, Jim-Dykes, Kidnapped Boy In Bunker, Crime News

The standoff between law enforcement and an Alabama man who held a boy in a bunker for seven days ended with the suspect dead and the 5-year-old safely rescued.

Reports of an explosion at Jimmy Lee Dykes' Midland City property came first on Monday afternoon, followed by media reports of the 65-year-old's death.

At a hastily organized roadside press conference near the crime scene, FBI agent Steve Richardson said negotiations had deteriorated over the last 24 hours. He said they entered the bunker shortly after 3 p.m. fearing the child was "in imminent danger," because they'd seen Dykes carrying a firearm.

The boy, identified only as Ethan, was transported to a hospital, state Rep. Steve Clouse told CNN. He appeared physically unharmed, according to reports.

Witnesses said they heard a boom and gunfire. Ambulances arrived soon afterward.

The crisis began Jan. 29 when authorities say Dykes boarded a school bus and demanded that he take two boys between six and eight years old. The bus driver -- Charles Albert Poland, Jr. -- is hailed as a hero for putting himself between Dykes and the children. His valor cost him his life, as Dykes allegedly shot Poland several times before taking the 5-year-old boy from the bus.

"You didn't deserve to die but you died knowing you kept everyone safe," said a letter from a student on Poland's bus that was read aloud at the bus driver's funeral.

The bunker in which Dykes holed up was four feet underground. He equipped it with electricity and was said to possibly have weeks of supplies stored. Negotiators communicated to him through a ventilation pipe. Because of the risk of tornadoes in this part of Alabama, bunkers are a relative fixture on the landscape.

Authorities sent Ethan's prescription medicine as well as items the boy requested like Cheez-Its snacks and a red Hot Wheels toy car.

There was open communication with Dykes, according to authorities, but they said he'd made few demands, making it unclear what he hoped to accomplish.

Some neighbors believed Dykes timed the abduction to nearly coincide with a court appearance scheduled for the day after he shot Poland. In December, Dykes was arrested for allegedly shooting a gun to frighten a neighbor.

For that incident and others, people who lived near Dykes were leery of him long before he became a hostage-taker. They said that he once beat a dog to death with a lead pipe, that he warned children they'd be shot for crossing onto his land and that he guarded his property at night with a flashlight and gun.

He was a loner who allegedly lost contact with an adult daughter years ago, according to people who lived near him. The sounds of conservative talk radio filled his home and fed his anti-government attitudes, locals said.

Details about Dykes slowly emerged as negotiations failed to break the impasse. Dykes was a decorated Vietnam War veteran who'd served in the Navy. He'd grown up nearby, but later in life, he moved to Florida where he worked as a surveyor and truck driver. He returned to Alabama about two years ago, acquiring the rural property on a dirt road.

In 1995, he was arrested for improper exhibition of a weapon. That charge was dismissed. In 2000, he was booked on marijuana possession charges.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The sounds of conservative talk radio filled his home and fed his anti-government attitudes, locals said.

That evil old radio talk show! This seems to have ended correctly but they still had to put a twist to it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mg555 View Post
    The sounds of conservative talk radio filled his home and fed his anti-government attitudes, locals said.

That evil old radio talk show! This seems to have ended correctly but they still had to put a twist to it.
    Yes the devil made him do it. I caught that one also.. Holed up in his bunker one thing, grabbing a little kid? I hope they shot him in his cajones first.
    Plus constant detail to him being a Nam Vet..
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

YEA HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED IMO.

I KIND OF THINK A LITTLE BAOUT THEY SAID THEY COULD SEE HE HAD A GUN ANDECIDED IT WAS TIME TO ACT. WTF???? HE WAS IN A BOX WITH A GUN SINCE DAY ONE?????????? IM SURE WE DONT GET THE REAL STORY . IALL SAY THIS IF THOSE GUYS GOT A CAMERA IN AN HE DIDNT SEE IT GOOD FOR HIM AN IF THEY MANAGED TO BREACH HIS HOLE AN GET HIM BEFORE HE COULD SHOOT IM REALLY IMPRESSED ID HATE TO BE TRYING TO GET IN THERE AN BE OINTATED AN BE ABLE TO GETHIM BEFORE HE GOT ME MAN THAT WOULD TAKE BALLS. IM GLAD WE GOT GUYS WHO ARE THAT GOOD.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

If the reports can be taken at face value, I'm glad this cretin is dead.

It's a shame the bus-driver didn't have the means to blow the noodles out of the back of his head. That would have been deserving of the title of hero because the kid would have never ended up a kidnapped prisoner.

I hope the preppers who are buying the underground shelters have been paying attention to this. As some one stated, a bunker doubles as a tomb.

Always sore, always tired Bradrock's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

And if tornado shelters are now bunkers, I'd say more than half the population in my area have bunkers.
    " Save a tree...........Eat A Beaver!"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Poor little kid wanted toys.. Wonder if they put listening devices or a camera in one of them?
    3 or 4 days, dick wad had to sleep.. Sleepy time, night night, lights out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.