Thread: Alana Stewart: Hollywood honchos 'hypocritical' when it comes to guns

jrs
    Feedback Score

Default Alana Stewart: Hollywood honchos 'hypocritical' when it comes to guns

Alana Stewart: Hollywood honchos 'hypocritical' when it comes to guns | Fox News

Actress/producer Alana Stewart says she's in the minority in Hollywood when it comes to her views on gun ownership.

“It bothers me when the Hollywood elite are all so against people having guns and want rigorous gun restrictions. But I am friends with a lot of them, and most have armed guards with them or outside their homes,” Stewart told FOX411’s Pop Tarts column. “And I think that is hypocritical. It’s fine to have armed guards, but don’t then tell everyone else they can’t own a gun.”

Stewart, the former wife of George Hamilton and Rod Stewart – and long time best friend of Farrah Fawcett – said she doesn’t hire armed protection.

“I sleep with my gun on my bedside table. I live alone; it is my protection and makes me feel safer. I have had to pull it out a few times when I have heard noises at night, but I’ve never had to use it,” she continued, adding that she grew up in a small Texas town and was in awe of her “fearless” grandmother who would head out into the darkness with a gun in hand when suspicious things stirred in the wee hours.

Stewart also has no qualms urging her celebrity friends to consider the work they do and what their industry often promotes.

“All the violence in videos and movies, you can’t tell me that that wouldn’t influence a disturbed person,” she said. “And bad guys will always have guns, and there is no way they would give them up if that became the law.”

However, the “Farrah’s Story” filmmaker doesn’t agree that just anyone should be able to purchase a gun. Stewart is a strong advocate of stringent background checks and encourages particularly younger generations to really “get informed.”

“Young people don’t really study the facts; they watch the skewed MSNBC and get a primarily liberal education," she said. "They aren’t schooled on the other side of the story."

But not everyone agrees with Stewart. Entertainment writer Michael Cohen pointed out that while it may seem hypocritical for Hollywood heavies to call for gun bans when they themselves employ armed guards, celebrities have bigger security risks than the average American.

“I don’t believe average Americans need to own a weapon for protection purposes. It’s too easy to use a gun out of fear or with snap judgment. But more importantly, as we witnessed by all these mass shooting,s is that guns somehow, someway get into the hands of the wrong people,” he said. “Celebrities are more at risk of being targets of violence because they are very much in the spotlight. Stalkers are common for celebs and it’s scary. However, instead of armed security, it’s about having a team that's proactive and not reactive. It’s better to have more security team members with a watchful and thoughtful eye than one guy and a gun.”

-------------------------

jrs - so celebrities are more important then the rest of the "little people". Nice to know the elitists are showing their true colors. RED
    jrs
    --
    "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.", Will Durant

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.", Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

maybe not everyone in holly-weird is a wack job.

it does seem like most of the big shots there are communist "wann-a-bee" types.

the irony is in communism --their ain't no big hollywood types-- they would all be out plowing the fields and THEY would be the mule!

Feedback Score

Nah, she's a wack job too. She freakin married Rod Stewart.
    And as for that nitwit Kohen, just look at the first page of the second section of ANY local newspaper and you'll find a half-dozen people that wish they had had a gun yesterday.
    Hunter

Feedback Score

Just my two cents. Sylverster Stallone is anti gun and anti 2nd. I read he thinks it should abolished. Yet he has had a conceled carry permit since 2004 and released a new movie with much gun violence.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Don View Post
    Just my two cents. Sylverster Stallone is anti gun and anti 2nd. I read he thinks it should abolished. Yet he has had a conceled carry permit since 2004 and released a new movie with much gun violence.
    He made those statements in 1999, maybe he changed his opinion since then?
    Nah, I don't think so, he's one of the Hollywood privileged.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.