Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please Help me to Defend our Veteran's Gun Rights!

Citizen, Patriot, Ranger bellson's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Default Please Help me to Defend our Veteran's Gun Rights!

Short and Sweet Gents: This is from an e-mail....I am posting it here because I think it is important. Having received "Psychological Treatment" during my service, this kind of thing COULD mean that I might lose my rights....Just Wrong IMHO.

Exposed: Obama's Ploy to Disarm Veterans
    Obama's Deputized Doctors to Label Veterans
    Mentally Unfit to Own a Gun
    Dear Fellow Americans:
    Our veterans put it all on the line to protect our Constitution – but if President Obama and his gun-grabbing allies get their way, they will be among the first to see their Constitutional rights limited.
    It sounds too insulting and ridiculous to be true. But the danger is very real.
    In fact, thanks to executive actions that are already in effect, more than 150,000 veterans have had their names added to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (or NICS, as it's commonly called).
    Did these veterans brandish a weapon at someone? Did they commit a gun-related crime? Were they seen in some public forum swearing violent intent?
    No, these are patriots who, for some reason or another, had to have their finances handled by someone else as they sought help after serving our nation. The Veteran's Administration – and the higher-ups who determine Administrative rules – decided that this was enough to strip veterans of their God-given rights to self protection.
    Trusted to DEFEND our Country and our Liberty abroad
    DENIED the Right to DEFEND their Home

Sign the EMERGENCY PETITION to Protect Veteran's Gun Rights
    Now, the President is ushering in a new era of information sharing between federal agencies and directing Eric Holder to re-evaluate who he determines to be "mentally defective" and what information needs to be shared with NICS to block those people.
    This opens the door to – and virtually guarantees – a wider definition of who is unfit to own a gun as declared by Barack Obama and his cronies.
    It's a little-known fact that about 30% of returning soldiers are diagnosed with PTSD. These brave men and women, mentally scarred from their service to our country, deserve nothing less than our unwavering support.
    Instead, they are now in the crosshairs of the gun control lobby. With the VA's existing massive information sharing with NICS, we already have a precedent for large-scale revocation of veteran's rights. All it takes is for one of Eric Holder's decrees to include PTSD, and suddenly one of the most passionate, patriotic segments of Americans will be labeled a danger to society.
    Ask yourself: Do you really think that Obama crony-in-chief Eric Holder cares more about protecting the rights of our veterans than he does the Democrats' ideological efforts?
    Neither do we.

Since the people in the U.S. government who are supposed to support our brave men and women at arms are clearly apathetic, it's up to the rest of the American people to stand up for them instead.
    Our veterans have risked life and limb for existing and future generations of Americans. The last thing they need is an environment of fear and distrust back at home.
    If the gun control liberals get their way, how many veterans do you think will avoid treatment for their PTSD instead of potentially having their rights taken away?
    And, if we let this pass, how long will it be until that loose definition of "mentally sound as determined by Barack Obama and Eric Holder" increasingly includes more and more patriotic Americans?

If you look at actual gun crime statistics and the proposals by the Administration – not to mention how the NICS system currently blocks out millions of people who show no danger of committing violent crime, it seems like they care less about blocking violent criminals and more about widespread disarmament.
    Every time they add some new criteria or decide that they need to "share more information" with NICS, hundreds of thousands more Americans get lumped in. This sneaky tactic has no place when it comes to our Constitutional rights. And, when it means they're effectively shadow-banning (I had never heard this term before- suggest "prohibiting" or "restricting" our veterans from purchasing guns, it's downright shameful.
    We're not going to take this potential threat lying down. We've set up a petition to tell the Administration that using PTSD as a qualifier to label our veterans "mentally defective" is obscene, and completely unacceptable.
    Will you join us today? We need to make sure that they get our message loud and clear, and your signature on this petition is an easy way for you to help us do that.

If we don't unyieldingly support our veterans, then we don't deserve the freedom they protect. Please, take just a few seconds to make a statement for those who have sacrificed so much.
    Sincerely,

Dick Brauer, Colonel, USAF (Ret.)
    Co-founder, Special Operations Speaks
    P.S. Pushing back against the combined forces of the Obama White House, radical gun grabbers like Feinstein and their accomplices in the left wing media isn't easy or free. Our resources have been pushed to the limit to stop them and defend the rights of veterans and all Americans.

Please lend your support with any amount you can afford. You support is vital to the fight.

If you prefer to donate by check:
    Special Operations Speaks PAC
    209 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE
    Suite 2109
    Washington, DC 20003

If you would like to contribute by mail, send checks to:
    Special Operations Speaks | 209 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE | Washington, DC 20013
    Imagine whirled peas

Peace, Love, And Superior Firepower

Bellson

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Good post bellson thank you and thank you for your Service..
    I to sought treatment for PTSD after 30 years of living with it.
    Their is a bit more to this than just PTSD..
    Any Vet who for example, has trouble sleeping.. Physicians at the V.A. do not usually hand out sleep medications.. More than likely they will be sent too the mental health division of the V.A. and a psychiatrist or psychologist will prescribe the meds.
    A Vet does not have too have PTSD because they can not sleep.
    Second. Those records are technically SEALED.. Doctor patient confidentiality.. Our Govt, technically can not just order up a Vets records.
    Now if a Vet tells his Dr. he is thinking about suicide, or killing his neighbors dog because he does not like it barking. We are talking a whole different ball game here.
    The Dr., understandably, should do something about it.
    Then again, every day this administration is ignoring our Constitution and the laws of the land.. Like good commies, they are making new laws every day to suit their commie needs.
    If, the SOBs deny a Vet the right to purchase. Well they broke the law in obtaining those records. Again, if no threats were made.
    Sure would sound like "class action law suit time."
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

All,
    Please sign this petition. Some of us lost too many friends and spent too many days away from our family to have our rights stripped.

What they fear is the 1,000,000+ veterans from multiple armed conflicts being able to stand up for what we all know is right and what we all fought for with the capability to present effective resistance to any legislative slight of our unalienable rights.

Right now the pen is mightier than the sword, but I fear the day the sword becomes the only answer and I hope it never gets that far. For myself and all the other veterans who have returned from wars on foriegn soil against those who have attacked human rights of our fellow man, the last thing we want is to have to return home only to be defending our own.

Semper Fi

Sgt C
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

It won't be just us veterans either. It will wind up being ANYONE who has any mention of mental health treatment in their "now visible to the government" medical records.

Thanks for posting this Bellson.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I'm in
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'll sign it too and donate when able.

Of all the people they have to screw with why the Vets?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sniper7mm2000 View Post
    I'll sign it too and donate when able.

Of all the people they have to screw with why the Vets?
    Because when their done with us sniper, we are no longer of use.
    Factor in training, experience in dangerous situations. For some reason, they are afraid of us.
    We swore to uphold the Constitution. I do not think they ever read it.
    Thank God we have not reached the end of WWII Stalin years yet..
    He lined his Generals, commanding Officers and 25 million others he considered a threat to his leadership against the walls and shot them.
    "Yall did a great job, thank you. See yall later."
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

it is a damn shame that the government treats it own vets like criminals and terrorist suspects!

the government don't want to reward its veterans --it wants to punish them?

a poor way to treat those who defended the rights of politician/lawyer types that didn't serve--

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by j427x View Post
    it is a damn shame that the government treats it own vets like criminals and terrorist suspects!

the government don't want to reward its veterans --it wants to punish them?

a poor way to treat those who defended the rights of politician/lawyer types that didn't serve--
    And the bastards seem to treat the WOUNDED, POWS and the soldiers suffering from PTSD the worst. Red-tape piles of paperwork no paychecks over stupid errors.

Look at the shit they're putting the Fort Hood TERRORIST ATTACK victims through. I knew this current Admin was going to be bad but I'm really worried that we haven't seen shit yet.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

The government is afraid of ANYONE who has sworn an oath the protect the Constitution!!!! You watch, pretty soon they will change the wording to "protect the United States of America from all enemies foreign and domestic", which of course is doublespeak for "the government" of the United States of America. Then that can claim that ANYONE who believes in and is willing to die defending the Constitution is a domestic terrorist and enemy of the state.

I'm sorry, but if people can't see the current parallels with what happened in the past with tyranical dictators like Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, etc..... they will never understand it until it's THEM that are being rounded up and shot, because they are no longer useful idiots.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.