Thread: SCHOOL SHOOTING SHOOTER SHOT !!!!!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Default SCHOOL SHOOTING SHOOTER SHOT !!!!!

EDIT APARENTLY THE SHOOTER WAS NOT SHOT. SORRY ANY WAY HE WAS APARENTLY DISARMED BY A A RMED RESCOURCE OFFICER WHO IS ALSO A OFF DUTY COP. TO BAD SANDY HOOK SCHOOL DIDNT HAVE A ARMED PERSON IN THE SCHOOL.

JUST IN ALANTA MIDDLE SCHOOL KID OPEND UP ON CLASS BUT WAS SHOT BY A ARMED OFF DUTY OFFIVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14 YEAR OLD KID GOT A GUN PAST METAL DETECTERS. AT LEAST THERE WAS SOME ONE ARMED TO STOP HIM .

Middle School, Superintendent Erroll Davis, Crime News

ATLANTA — A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.

Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown about 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.

The wounded boy was taken "alert, conscious and breathing" to Grady Memorial Hospital, said police spokesman Carlos Campos. Grady Heath System Spokeswoman Denise Simpson said the teen had been discharged from the hospital Thursday night. Campos said charges against the shooter were pending.

Police swarmed the school of about 400 students after reports of the shooting while a crowd of anxious parents gathered in the streets, awaiting word on their children. Students were kept at the locked-down school for more than two hours before being dismissed.

Investigators believe the shooting was not random and that something occurred between the two students that may have led to it.

Schools Superintendent Erroll Davis said the school does have metal detectors.

"The obvious question is how did this get past a metal detector?" Davis asked about the gun. "That's something we do not know yet."

The armed resource officer who took the gun away was off-duty and at the school, but police didn't release details on him or whether he is regularly at Price. Since 20 children and six adults were shot to death at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut in December, calls for armed officers in every school have resonated across the country.

Hours after the Atlanta shooting, several school buses loaded with children pulled away from the school and stopped in front of a church about a half-block away. Parents tried boarding the buses. Police who initially tried to stop the parents, relented and screamed, "Let them off!" about the students.

James Bolton was at work when his sister called saying a teen had been shot at his son's school and was in the crowd as parents began swarming the fleet of buses.

"Move, I see my son, I see mine!" he said, running up to embrace James Bolton Jr. "As long as I got this one back I'm OK," he said, holding his son's head against his chest as parents nearby frantically searched for their children.

Bolton Jr. said he was in class when the intercom sounded and a school official announced the building was under immediate lockdown.

"They told us we had to be quiet," Bolton told The Associated Press. "They said something went on in the courtyard." Bolton said he was unaware that anyone had been shot until a reporter asked him about it.

Shakita Walker, whose daughter is an eighth-grader at the school, said she received a text from her that said, "Ma somebody's shooting and somebody got shot." Walker, who works at another school, said she jumped in her car and was thinking "just hurry up and get there."

Walker said her daughter called to tell her that they were being kept in the gymnasium, but she said she was anxious to see her to make sure she was OK.

The fear and anxiety was palpable in the crowd, as one person yelled, "Does anyone know what happened?"

Superintendent Davis sympathized with concerned parents who complained that it took too long for students to be released from the building. He said emergency procedures were followed according to protocol and school district officials would meet Friday to review their response. Calls to the school district were not immediately returned.

Mayor Kasim Reed condemned gun violence in a statement shortly after the shooting and said counselors were at the school to meet with students, faculty and family members.

"Gun violence in and around our schools is simply unconscionable and must end," Reed said. "Too many young people are being harmed, and too many families are suffering from unimaginable and unnecessary grief."

Outside the school, Laquanda Pittman said she still hasn't heard from her sixth-grade son. She said she heard the news of the shooting on TV and immediately came to the school.

"All types of stuff went through my head. I'm wondering whether it was my child who got shot, is my child OK, did he see what happened?" Pittman said.

She said she just wants to see her son.

"As a parent, you just think you can send your child to school and you hope they come home OK," she said.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

By KATE BRUMBACK 01/31/13 10:23 PM ET EST AP
    APARAENTLY THIS HAPPEND YESTERDAY. WHY IS THIS NOT ON THE NEWS 24-7???????/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Because it ended well and a guy with a gun saved the day.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

It was on FNC for a little bit and they were reporting a girl got shot in the head but it went silent after that. I haven't heard this though. Thanks for posting.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

+1 for armed guards at all schools just like Barky's kids have at theirs!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

HMMMM NOW IM NOT SURE THE SHOOTER WAS SHOT .????????????
    CHICAGO TRABUNE REPORT

1178 (TAMI CHAPPELL, REUTERS)
    ATLANTA (Reuters) - A 14-year-old student was wounded on Thursday in a shooting outside a middle school in Atlanta and police said another student was arrested in the latest outbreak of gun violence in a U.S. school.

The afternoon shooting occurred outside Price Middle School in Atlanta, Georgia. Neither the wounded student nor the suspected shooter were identified by authorities.

Ads by Google
    Public Arrest Records
    1) Search a Name/State for Free. 2) Access Arrest Records Instantly.
    InstantCheckmate.com

Atlanta Public Schools Superintendent Erroll Davis and Police Chief George Turner said at a news conference that multiple gunshots were fired from a small-caliber handgun outside the main school building.

One of the gunshots grazed the 14-year-old on the back of the neck but his injury was not life-threatening. He was expected to be released from hospital by Thursday evening, Davis said.

The shooter was disarmed and taken into custody minutes after the incident by an off-duty Atlanta police officer, Turner said. He said the off-duty police officer, who was armed, works at Price Middle School as a so-called resource officer, providing security.

Davis said a teacher's aide was slightly injured in the confusion that followed the shooting, but he offered no further details.

Police said they did not know how the shooter got his gun or what his motive was, but Turner said charges would be filed against him.

A national debate has raged over gun control in the United States since the shooting deaths of 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school in December.

(Reporting by David Beasley; Additional reporting by Kevin Gray; Editing by David Adams, Tom Brown and Cynthia Johnston)

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

and they were reporting a girl got shot in the head but it went silent after that.
    When I first heard about it the news was saying "a student was shot multiple times", then it was "a girl was shot in the neck", then it was "a boy was shot in the neck, his condition is unknown", then "he will recover".

So it was just another case of "lets just report anything before we know what happened" thing
    "Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem" Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mtdew View Post
    Because it ended well and a guy with a gun saved the day.

Exactly!! Some armed off duty cop or armed citizen saves the day, and you don't hear squat.

I swear if I ever won the lottery and had like 100 million or so, I'd open up my own news outlet: T.V., internet, and heck maybe even print, to report the REAL news, with the TRUTH being the first principle regardless of political affiliation.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well, Being a Cop just north of Atlanta It pisses me off the way the media spins this crap. It was kid who has had problems with his "friend" before. The "shooter" shot at the kid and grazed his neck. The resource officer tackled the kid and took him into custody.
    Even here in Atl the news put out mass shooting at a school one student shot in the head.
    WTF Get the story before you air it you stupid morons.
    Pryotex is TEC Tactical, A Licensed 07/SOT

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Our schools here in Sioux Falls have armed, full-time police officers on duty every school day. From middle schools to high schools.

I don't know what's so wrong with having a police officer present to protect the children - from each other and from outside threats!
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.