Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Confiscasion

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

keep posting your recent purchases and builds and you will be next????
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Another Day In Paradise DiabloII's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    keep posting your recent purchases and builds and you maybe next????

yep i've saying that for years
    buying up all the guns and ammo i can just to PISS OFF the douche bag liberals

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

What do they mean by improperly marked? It's also possible this guy is a criminal and a wig Elite smuggling guns. What types of guns were these?

Feedback Score

Frige, 1984 has been here since atleast 1968. Where the hell you been?
    Hunter

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Unless he's home building all these guns there is no reason that they should not have serial numbers on them. We have zero facts about this guy and everybody is blaming the ATF for everything. if any part of the story is true he has close to 2000 firearms and a considerable amount of them have no serial numbers. unless there was a very old antiques which I doubt they should have serial numbers on them unless there a home build. just maybe he selling guns to Mexico ?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    Unless he's home building all these guns there is no reason that they should not have serial numbers on them. We have zero facts about this guy and everybody is blaming the ATF for everything. if any part of the story is true he has close to 2000 firearms and a considerable amount of them have no serial numbers. unless there was a very old antiques which I doubt they should have serial numbers on them unless there a home build. just maybe he selling guns to Mexico ?
    now biggun--WHEN has the BATF told a LIE?

when was the last time the BATF set somebody up?

when was the last time the BATF was caught red-handed in a false flag operation that got US citizens killed?

i can think of illegal shit the BATF has done going back to the clinton era--and even back to the 80s when they were far less hostile than today and no body trusted them then either!

the BATF in any kind of press release is the LAST people i would believe --

even a mexican cartel gang member has more credibility--

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    Based on the "lack of markings" referred to in the article, it sounds to me like he was importing older collector type guns and failing to mark them with his name as the importer. Prior to the 68 GCA no markings were required, so if say a WWII issued S&W Victory Model were to show up with no importer's stamp on it, the assumption would be a pre-68 import and more value due to the lack of the stamp. Two identical guns in the case, one with and one without an importer mark, could mean a several hundred dollar price difference. Nowhere did they say they lacked serial numbers, just "required markings possibly to avoid high import taxes and make them more valuable".

Sounds like he was buying guns in Canada and either smuggling them back into the USA, or did the paperwork but failed to stamp them properly before he sold them.

TRX
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Depending on what kind of "collector" he was, antique guns often don't have serial numbers. I have two Ross rifles with no serial numbers; their military ID numbers were stamped into the original wooden stocks, which are long gone.

edit: and I get to the end of the thread, and CK has said basically the same thing...
    Last edited by TRX; 02-02-2013 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Department of Redundancy Department

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

now biggun--WHEN has the BATF told a LIE?

when was the last time the BATF set somebody up?

when was the last time the BATF was caught red-handed in a false flag operation that got US citizens killed?

i can think of illegal shit the BATF has done going back to the clinton era--and even back to the 80s when they were far less hostile than today and no body trusted them then either!

the BATF in any kind of press release is the LAST people i would believe --

even a mexican cartel gang member has more credibility--
    THIS MAY ALL BE TRUE BUT IF WE DONT KNOW THE FACTS ITS POINT LESS TO START MAKING ACCUSATONS ABOUT SOME THING WE KNOW ZERO ABOUT. PERHAPS THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT ATF WANTS??????

BETWEEN THE FAKE EMAILS AN THE CONSTANT CONSPIRIOCY THEORYS ITS GETTING HARD TO FIND ANY KNOWN FACTS.

EVERY TIME A GUY IS ARESSTED WITH A GUN A DOZEN GUYS JUMP TO HIS DEFENSE WITH OUT ANY FACTS.

MAYBE JUST MAYBE THE ATF GOT IT RIGHT THIS TIME .

I DONT LIKE THE ATF BUT ACCASIONALY THEY CATCH A BAD GUY.

IM JUST SAYONG BEFORE WE ALL REACT WITH NO FACTS WE STOP AN THINK WHAT DO WE ACTUALY KNOW.

I FIND THE STORY VERY VAUGE . THE SERIAL NUMBERS ARE REMOVED OR JUST NOT THERE??????????? IT SEEMS IF THEY WERE GROUND OFF THEY WOULD BE SAYING SO TO FURTHER BACK UP THERE CASE.

SO WHAT FACTS DO WE KNOW FOR SURE ABOUT THIS SEIZURE???????????????????

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Based on the "lack of markings" referred to in the article, it sounds to me like he was importing older collector type guns and failing to mark them with his name as the importer. Prior to the 68 GCA no markings were required, so if say a WWII issued S&W Victory Model were to show up with no importer's stamp on it, the assumption would be a pre-68 import and more value due to the lack of the stamp. Two identical guns in the case, one with and one without an importer mark, could mean a several hundred dollar price difference. Nowhere did they say they lacked serial numbers, just "required markings possibly to avoid high import taxes and make them more valuable".

Sounds like he was buying guns in Canada and either smuggling them back into the USA, or did the paperwork but failed to stamp them properly before he sold them.
    ALL VERY POSSABLE . AN IF HE WAS DOING THIS THEY HAD A REASON TO BUST HIM.

WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOME PICTURES.

Depending on what kind of "collector" he was, antique guns often don't have serial numbers. I have two Ross rifles with no serial numbers; their military ID numbers were stamped into the original wooden stocks, which are long gone.

edit: and I get to the end of the thread, and CK has said basically the same thing...
    YEAP I HAVE SEEN SOME OLD SAVAGE SHOT GUNS WITH NO NUMBERS .

FROM THE SOUNDS OF THE STORY IT DOSENT SOUND LIKE HE WAS COLLECTING ANTIQUES. ALSO IF THEY WERE ANTIQUES THEY WOULD HAVE REASON TO BUT HIM AS ITS NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO HAVE THEM. AGAIN WE HAVE VERY FEW FACTS.

THE KERNELS POINTS ABOUT THEM NOT HAVING IMPORTERS MARKS MAKES SENCE ESPECAILY WHEN THE STORY MAKES MENTION OF THEM BEING THAT WAY TO INCREASE VALUE. WISH MY M1 CARBINE WASENT STAMPED BLUE SKY OR WHATEVER IS ON IT .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.