Gunco Forums banner

Confiscasion

3K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  tanvil 
#1 ·
Department of Homeland Security Targets Gun Collector
» Department of Homeland Security Targets Gun Collector Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
February 1, 2013

KRQE in Albuquerque, New Mexico, reports that the Department of Homeland Security – the federal agency initially established to protect the United States from terrorists and respond to natural disasters – has used its ICE division to bust a gun collector.

Federal Homeland Security Investigation agents raided the home of Robert Adams on Thursday and seized 548 handguns and 317 rifles from the collector. They also raided his business and took an additional 599 handguns.

KRQE reports that Adams did not violate any laws and was not charged with any crimes. It said the DHS, however, is not finished with Adams and he may be charged with gun smuggling, tax evasion and violating importation laws.

The government spent yeas surveilling the gun collector and argues that his weapons are “not properly marked possibly to make the guns more valuable and to avoid paying high import taxes.”

KRQE reports the federal government is concerned “that no markings on the guns and missing documents mean the guns are not traceable by law enforcement.”

New Mexico does not regulate or specifically restrict the possession of firearms. Owners are not required to register or license firearms with the state.

“No law shall abridge the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms for security and defense, for lawful hunting and recreational use and for other lawful purposes, but nothing herein shall be held to permit the carrying of concealed weapons. No municipality or county shall regulate, in any way, an incident of the right to keep and bear arms,” Article 2, Section 6 of the state constitution reads.

Gun collectors are protected under the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. The law states that a firearms dealer is defined as a person who is selling guns for profit or livelihood. Unlicensed individuals are allowed to sell firearms from their private collection without performing a background check on the buyer.

Government gun-grabbers call this the “Gun Show Loophole” and have declared they will outlaw the practice and close down gun shows around the country.

The DHS is obviously looking to make an example of Mr. Adams as the government prepares to enact and enforce a wide range of new laws aimed at diminishing the Second Amendment. It remains to be seen, however, if the federal government will use this case as part of its ongoing propaganda effort to demonize legal gun ownership.

Related: Decorated Combat Veteran Arrested: Charged With 5 Felonies For Possession of AR Magazines

Feds seized nearly 1,500 guns in raid

Feds seized nearly 1,500 guns in raid

Updated: Thursday, 31 Jan 2013, 6:59 PM MST
Published : Thursday, 31 Jan 2013, 6:59 PM MST

Crystal Gutierrez Crystal Gutierrez

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - A federal search warrant affidavit outlines the massive raid that seized nearly 1,500 firearms from the home and business of an Albuquerque man and why the feds were after him.

Last week rifles lined the lawn of a northeast Albuquerque home that belonged to Robert Adams. Homeland Security Investigations was also busy loading hundreds of handguns into boxes.

It took federal agents days to log every weapon seized into evidence.

Four search warrants filed Thursday show the HSI investigators seized nearly 900 firearms from Adams' home. There were 548 handguns and 317 rifles listed in the warrant return inventory.

They also searched his office that day taking 599 pistols and revolvers.

Adams has not been charged with any crimes although Homeland Security said the investigation is not over yet.

Neighbors said Adams was a gun collector, and some heard he was a licensed gun seller, too.

Federal investigators confirm that. However, they're also investigating him for possible gun smuggling, tax evasion and violating importation laws.

Court documents reveal federal agents were watching Adams for years and that some documentation was missing "to determine to whom Adams [was] selling or exporting his firearms."

The guns were also not properly marked possibly to make the guns more valuable and to avoid paying high import taxes, investigators alleged.

However, a bigger concern is that no markings on the guns and missing documents mean the guns are not traceable by law enforcement.

One neighbor who did not want to be identified said it was a shock.

“I didn’t really see the guns but from a distance," the neighbor said. "I saw them being pulling them out into the front yard.

“Its very scary in the fact that the school is so close by makes it seem even more dangerous.”

The search warrant also said Adams was investigated in Canada for keeping about 80 illegal guns in a storage unit. U.S. agents worked with Canadian police on that case.

See less See more
#2 ·
The purpose of terrorism is to terrorize. Of course the thugs felt the need to terrorize the local community while they stole this mans possessions.

Raiders pull arsenal, records from home

Raiders pull arsenal, records from home

Updated: Wednesday, 23 Jan 2013, 7:00 PM MST
Published : Wednesday, 23 Jan 2013, 7:00 PM MST

Crystal Gutierrez Crystal Gutierrez

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - A northeast Albuquerque house is suddenly at the center of a big-time investigation after federal agents pulled enough weapons to supply a small gun shop.

Early Wednesday morning the SWAT team, Bernalillo County sheriff's deputies and federal agents led by Homeland Security Investigations swarmed a home on the 3400 block of Haines Avenue NE.

While the feds are being tight-lipped about the investigation, it was apparent whatever they were walking into was enough concern for a nearby elementary school to lock its doors restricting anyone outside from coming in.

“My wife called me that they had locked down Montezuma School,” a concerned father, who did not want to be identified, said. “I rushed over here. The first thing you think of is another shooting or something.”

The father, who lives just down the block, found out the feds were serving a search warrant at the home. By midmorning federal agents pulled out a computer, a handgun and boxes of paperwork.

By Wednesday afternoon dozens of rifles were hauled out of the house, bagged as evidence and laid out on the lawn.

Homeland Security investigators would not say why they were taking the guns or who they were investigating. They did say that nobody had been arrested as of Wednesday night.

The U.S. Attorney's Office would not give specifics about the case only saying the investigation is ongoing.

#5 ·
By midmorning federal agents pulled out a computer, a handgun and boxes of paperwork.
They ALWAYS take any computers now. And often your cellular phone, and any official-looking papers they can find. Plus digital cameras, camcorders, and tapes, diskettes, or DVDs Sometimes they even take routers, hubs, mice, and cables. In many cases, they also lock your bank account. That's how a lot of people first found out when they were being audited - when they started getting calls about bad checks or missed payments. Oh, and if the agents find more than a few dollars in cash in your home, they'll take that too, as "evidence." And even your keys.

It might be months or years before you get anything back. You're not likely to get all of it back, and you can count on some of it being carelessly or deliberately damaged.

What, you didn't do anything wrong? Well, until you have your day in court - assuming you can come up with the money - and it might take years to get to trial - your stuff is *gone*.

Having the police or Feds make off with your stuff is a LOT more likely SHTF scenario than most people think to prepare for.

Do you have OFF-SITE backups of your important paper and electronic files? Your passwords? Insurance papers, medical history, deeds, licenses, wills? A few evenings with the scanner or a box of papers to the copy shop are no big deal. Leave your USB key, DVD, or file box with someone NOT a close family member. Better, with two different someones. Best have a complete set of spare keys, too.

The way I look at it, unless your savings account is making enough interest not to lose too badly against the real inflation rate, you might as well have that money available as cash. Again, off-site. And just in case someone is missing the point, a bank safe deposit box doesn't count.

Paranoid? I've known five people now to be hit with similar situations, of my not-very-large group of friends, all of whom are so absolutely straight-arrow they probably qualify for halos. All it takes is an overzealous investigator or prosecutor, or some wiseass amusing himself with the anonymous tip line. It doesn't matter how your butt got in the grinder after the switch is turned on.

Did they have backups? No, they were law-abiding people, nothing was doing to happen to them! Did two of them have backups the SECOND time? Nope, such a thing could never happen again... well, I said they were straight-arrow, not smart.

Be smart. Be prepared. It doesn't matter if it's a bunch of thugs with a warrant, zombie hordes, or Red Dawn, it's still SHTF.

#3 ·
Sheer freaking insanity!!! The quote from the neighbor saying something about the close proximity to the school makes it seem more scary!!!!!!!! Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?! Not to mention locking down the school while they served the warrant. If they were worried about trouble, why didn't they bring him in for questioning and serve the warrant to remove the firearms while he was being questioned?? I swear they love to make a scene to scare the public at large. What asshats!!! I hope that this guy is on the up and up, and isn't doing anything illegal though. It makes us all look bad when people are irresponsible.

#8 ·
Exactly Bob. I think thats their plan. Take us out one at a time, clean, and reasonably quiet.

#6 ·
Yep, it is all for show. Funny how the media is always conveniently present when the government sanctioned home invasion goes down and the cover story is already prepared ahead of time for the evening news. Closing down a nearby school is always good for dramatic effect. Of course "no arrest was made" so obviously they didn't have evidence to begin with and are on a "fishing expedition". The Feral Government will probably dream up some charge(s) to justify their terrorism and theft to cover their asses. This is how Law Enforcement works these days. They "strut their stuff" for the cameras to show themselves as somehow being "manly men" to the viewing public. Then on camera they brag about how we can't get along without them "protecting" us from some unknown danger.

I know I am probably a target having collected a number of firearms and purchased a bit of ammo over the years. Of course dispersing supplies in several places helps and having records both password protected and encrypted (PGP Software) is always prudent. Keep copies of electronic records on thumb drives and hidden offsite as well. Then some "midnight gardening" to keep savings (cash, silver and gold) in offsite locations as a backup always helps. In short - never keep all your eggs in one basket. Diversified and dispersed across many places is the best thing one can do in this day and age. How big is the western and southwestern United States? It's like trying to find a few needles in one hell of a large haystack.

#7 ·
So 1984 is finally here? When they established homeland security and the tsa our rights were thrown out the window. Due process? HA! dont make me laugh. You are guilty and tried in the media. It does not matter that you have not broken any laws, you are a threat and must be dealt with.
I can only hope that we can get some decent people in office in time to reverse some of this crap, but I fear it is too late.

#9 ·
You want to bet this is a result of multiple purchases thanks to the new ATF rules? I suspect this home invasion was part of a plan to justify the new rule by creating a situation and find somebody (anybody) to use as an example of how this new policy is supposedly working:

ATF to Require Information on Frequent Gunbuyers in Border States | Fox News

WASHINGTON -- In an effort to stem the illicit flow of weapons into Mexico, the Justice Department announced Monday that all gun shops in four Southwest border states will be required to alert the federal government to frequent buyers of high-powered rifles.

The new policy comes amid criticism of a failed federal probe aimed at dismantling large-scale arms trafficking networks along the Arizona border with Mexico.

In the probe, called Operation Fast and Furious, several agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives say they were inexplicably ordered by superiors to stop tracking some small-time "straw" buyers who purchased large numbers of weapons apparently destined for drug cartels.

Under the new policy, federal firearms licensees in Texas, California, Arizona and New Mexico must report purchases of two or more of some types of rifles by the same person in a five-day span. The requirement applies to purchases of semi-automatic rifles that have detachable magazines and a caliber of greater than .22.

ATF estimates it will generate 18,000 reports a year.

Deputy Attorney General James Cole said the new reporting measure will improve the ATF's ability to disrupt illegal weapons trafficking networks that funnel firearms to criminal organizations.

#10 ·
"1984" and there was an interesting and some what prophetic movie called "Brazil"-

-where Brazil turned into a a police-state with numerous government agencys investigating everyone for being a suspected 'terrorist".

the only thing they got wrong in that 80s movie was it is the USA not Brazil--

#15 ·
Unless he's home building all these guns there is no reason that they should not have serial numbers on them. We have zero facts about this guy and everybody is blaming the ATF for everything. if any part of the story is true he has close to 2000 firearms and a considerable amount of them have no serial numbers. unless there was a very old antiques which I doubt they should have serial numbers on them unless there a home build. just maybe he selling guns to Mexico ?

#16 ·
now biggun--WHEN has the BATF told a LIE?

when was the last time the BATF set somebody up?

when was the last time the BATF was caught red-handed in a false flag operation that got US citizens killed?

i can think of illegal shit the BATF has done going back to the clinton era--and even back to the 80s when they were far less hostile than today and no body trusted them then either!

the BATF in any kind of press release is the LAST people i would believe --

even a mexican cartel gang member has more credibility--

#18 · (Edited)
Depending on what kind of "collector" he was, antique guns often don't have serial numbers. I have two Ross rifles with no serial numbers; their military ID numbers were stamped into the original wooden stocks, which are long gone.

edit: and I get to the end of the thread, and CK has said basically the same thing...

#19 ·
now biggun--WHEN has the BATF told a LIE?

when was the last time the BATF set somebody up?

when was the last time the BATF was caught red-handed in a false flag operation that got US citizens killed?

i can think of illegal shit the BATF has done going back to the clinton era--and even back to the 80s when they were far less hostile than today and no body trusted them then either!

the BATF in any kind of press release is the LAST people i would believe --

even a mexican cartel gang member has more credibility--
THIS MAY ALL BE TRUE BUT IF WE DONT KNOW THE FACTS ITS POINT LESS TO START MAKING ACCUSATONS ABOUT SOME THING WE KNOW ZERO ABOUT. PERHAPS THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT ATF WANTS??????

BETWEEN THE FAKE EMAILS AN THE CONSTANT CONSPIRIOCY THEORYS ITS GETTING HARD TO FIND ANY KNOWN FACTS.

EVERY TIME A GUY IS ARESSTED WITH A GUN A DOZEN GUYS JUMP TO HIS DEFENSE WITH OUT ANY FACTS.

MAYBE JUST MAYBE THE ATF GOT IT RIGHT THIS TIME .

I DONT LIKE THE ATF BUT ACCASIONALY THEY CATCH A BAD GUY.

IM JUST SAYONG BEFORE WE ALL REACT WITH NO FACTS WE STOP AN THINK WHAT DO WE ACTUALY KNOW.

I FIND THE STORY VERY VAUGE . THE SERIAL NUMBERS ARE REMOVED OR JUST NOT THERE??????????? IT SEEMS IF THEY WERE GROUND OFF THEY WOULD BE SAYING SO TO FURTHER BACK UP THERE CASE.

SO WHAT FACTS DO WE KNOW FOR SURE ABOUT THIS SEIZURE???????????????????

#20 ·
Based on the "lack of markings" referred to in the article, it sounds to me like he was importing older collector type guns and failing to mark them with his name as the importer. Prior to the 68 GCA no markings were required, so if say a WWII issued S&W Victory Model were to show up with no importer's stamp on it, the assumption would be a pre-68 import and more value due to the lack of the stamp. Two identical guns in the case, one with and one without an importer mark, could mean a several hundred dollar price difference. Nowhere did they say they lacked serial numbers, just "required markings possibly to avoid high import taxes and make them more valuable".

Sounds like he was buying guns in Canada and either smuggling them back into the USA, or did the paperwork but failed to stamp them properly before he sold them.
ALL VERY POSSABLE . AN IF HE WAS DOING THIS THEY HAD A REASON TO BUST HIM.

WOULD BE NICE TO SEE SOME PICTURES.

Depending on what kind of "collector" he was, antique guns often don't have serial numbers. I have two Ross rifles with no serial numbers; their military ID numbers were stamped into the original wooden stocks, which are long gone.

edit: and I get to the end of the thread, and CK has said basically the same thing...
YEAP I HAVE SEEN SOME OLD SAVAGE SHOT GUNS WITH NO NUMBERS .

FROM THE SOUNDS OF THE STORY IT DOSENT SOUND LIKE HE WAS COLLECTING ANTIQUES. ALSO IF THEY WERE ANTIQUES THEY WOULD HAVE REASON TO BUT HIM AS ITS NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO HAVE THEM. AGAIN WE HAVE VERY FEW FACTS.

THE KERNELS POINTS ABOUT THEM NOT HAVING IMPORTERS MARKS MAKES SENCE ESPECAILY WHEN THE STORY MAKES MENTION OF THEM BEING THAT WAY TO INCREASE VALUE. WISH MY M1 CARBINE WASENT STAMPED BLUE SKY OR WHATEVER IS ON IT .

#21 ·
Since mere possession of a gun with an altered serial number is a federal crime, if the serial numbers were ground off they would and should have arrested him on the spot. Methinks they need the time to trace and prove the guns were imported and required to be marked with his name as the importer before they can file charges. Until then, he just has a large amount of guns they seized.

#23 ·
watch the video at the end a newman says he has issues in Canada as well with guns stored there.

sounds like about what the kjernel said .

it also says he was a liscensed gun dealer . that means he needs to paper work on all his stuff . I don't thing saying he has 15,000 personal firearms that are not on the books is going to fly.

will be interesting to see how it all pans out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.