Gunco Forums banner

It started No charges Homeland steals guns

3K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  o.d. ak 
#1 ·
#4 ·
THIUS IS THE SAME GUY IN THE OTHER LINK IT LOOKS LIKE HE WAS SMUGGULING GUNS IN FROM CANADA DIDNT HAVE THEM PROPERLY MARKED . HE IS A DEALER AN IM NOT SURE COLLECTER IS THE CORRECT TERM. HE ALSO HAS ISSUES IN CANIDA WERE HE GUNS STORED THERE AS WELL.

THERE IS LITTEL INOFO ABOUT THIS CASE YET BUT JUMOIONG ON THE BAND WAGON BECASUE EVERY ANTI GOVEREMNT SITE POSTS THE SAEM SLANTED STORY MIGHT NOT BE A WISE MOVE.

IF HE WAS ILLEAGLAY BRINGING IN GUNS FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY, NOT HAVING CORRECT PAPER WORK , NOT HAVINGTHE GUNS PROPERLY MARKED FOR IMPORT AN LIKELY NOT PAYING TAXES ON THEM IN ANY DIRECTION WE REALLY NEED TO ASK DO WE SUPPORT THIS GUY??????????

AS FAR AS DEPT OF HOME LAND SECURITY BEIGN INVOLVED IF THE GUY WAS NA,MED ACKKKMED AKIM AN WORE A TOWEL AROUND HIS HEAD AN HAD SMUGGLED IN OVER 1500 WEAPONS AN HAD MORE STORED IN ANOTHER COUNTRY WE WOULL BE SAYING GOOD JOB DHS.

IF ANY OF THE DHS CLAIMS ARE TRUE FROM A TWO YEAR INVESTIGATION THEN WEE DONT NEED GUYS LIKE THIUS SCREWING IT UO FOR EVERY ONE. THIS IS NOT LIKELY A GUY WO WAS GOING FAACE TO FACE SALES IN A PARKING LOT AN THATS WHY HIS STUFF IS NOT TRANFERED IN THIS IS A GUY POSSABLY/ LIKEY SMUGGULING IN AN SELLIING WEAPONS AN NOT FOLLOWING LAWS. GUYS LIKE HIM HURT GUYS LIKE US.

NOW IF IT TURN OUT HE WAS JSUT SOME GUY WHO BUYS A LOT OF GUNS FACE TO FACE ILL EAT MY WORDS. BUT IF HE IS ILLEGALY BRINGING IN WEAPONS AN SELLING THEM THEN HE NEEDS TO BE PROSICUTED.

YES DHS , ATF , FBI AN ANY THING MR OBAMA CAN BRING DOWN ON GUN OWNERS IS GOING TO HAPPEN THATS WHAT HE SAIUD HE WILL DO.
MY ADVICE IS FOLLOW THE LAWS DOCUMENT EVERY THING . IF YOUR NOT 922 COMPLIANT BETTER START THINKING ABOUT IT. ITS A LAW AN WHILE THERE ARE VERY FEW IF ANY CASES PROSICUTED THERE LIKELY WILL BE SOON .

#5 ·
Read this carefully;

''The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.''

In other words the police are not supposed to come in, take all yer shit and inspect for something illegal. If they've come this far to get someone, even if they were clean, don't you think something would show up just to avoid a civil lawsuit?

The very same due process that seems unimportant in certain cases also applies to me and you.

How important will it be then?

#6 ·
warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause,
APPARENTLY THEY HAD CAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH THE CANIDAIN GOVERMENT . THEY OBVIOUSLY KNEW HE HAD SMUGGLED WEAPONS. HE IS A DEALER AN THEY IF THE ATF HAD BEEN INVOLVED THEY WOULD NOT EVEN NEED A WARRENT TO SEE HIS GUNS AN AUDIT HIS BOOKS

UNLESS IN MISSING SOME THING HERE HE IS NIOT JUST A COLECTOR HE IS A DEALER . IF GANDER MTN WAS SELLING GUNS IMPORTED ILLEAGLEY AN NOT REPORTING SALES . MPROPER;LY LOGING STUFF IN AN OUT AN NOT PAYING TAXES THEY WOULD BE SHUT DOWN HOW IS THIS GUY DIFFERANT??????? .

IF HE IS A DEALER IM NOT SURE HE CAN EVEN HAVE GUNS IN TWO PLACES AS DESCRIBED ( SOME HERE KNOW)

IM NOT PRO ATF OR DHS BUT LETS LOOK AT THIS FOR WHAT IT VERY LIKELY IS A GUN SMUGGLER GOT CAUGHT. EVEN IF ITS ONE GUN HES BROKEN THE LAW.

IF HE WERE DEALIING DRUGS AN HE GOT POPED EVERY ONE WOULD BE SAYING GOOD JOB.

IF IT TURNS OUT HE BOUGHT 1500 GUNS FACE TO FACE FOR A PERSONAL COLLECTION AN IS NOT IN THE BUSSINESS OF SELLING GUNS LISCENSED OR NOT THEN ILL REVERSE MY OPINION.

THE FACT THAT CANADA IS LOOKING AT HIM TELLS ME THESE ARE NOT FACE TO FACE SALES. AN AS FAR AS I KNOW YOU CANT GO TO CANIDA AN BUY GUNS AN JUST BRING THEM BACK ( DOES ANY ONE KNOW THE LAW??????? )

THEY DONT NEED TO FILE CHARGES IMEADITLY . IF HE EVEN SOLD ONE GUN OFF THE BOOKS HES BROKEN THE LAW. (IF HE IS NOT A LISCENCE DEALER HERE SOME ONE CORRECT ME)

WHY THE DHS IS INVOLVED VS THE ATF I CANT TELL YOU.

IF YOU SMUGGLE GUNS DONT DECLARE THEM DONT LOG THEM AN THEN DONT PAY REPORT THE SALES TAX FROM THERE SALE YOUR GOING TO HAVE PROBLEMS.

IMO THIS IS FAR FROM JOE BLOW WITH A FEW GUNS GETTING RAIDED FOR NO REASON .

AGIN IF THE FACTS CHANGE ILL EAT CROW.

#7 ·
IN THE LINK BELOW THAT HAS THE ACTUALY NEWS COVERAGE BEFORE INFO WARS AN EVERY OTHER ANTI GOVERMENT PRO GUN FORUM PUT THERE TWIST ON IT . ITS STATED AT LEAST TWICE ADAMS WAS A LISCENSED GUN DEALER . AT THE END IT ALOS SAYS HES BEEN OR BEING INVESTIGATED FOR 80 ILLEAGLE GUNS IN CANADA.
IMO WHEN PLACES LIKE INFO WARS AN OTHERS DONT POST REPORT THE ENTIRE STORY THERE JUST AS BAD AS THE FAR LEDFT TWISTING THINGS TO FIT THERE VIEWS. THE TRUTH IS I CAN ONLY FIND TWO NEWS REPORTS BOTH DONE BY THE SAME NEWS AGENCY AN IT APPEARS THE ALEX JONES OR SOME OTER PRO GUN ANTI GOV GROUP THEN TOOK THAT STORY EDITED IT TO FIT HERE VIEWS THE LEDT OUT THAT HE IS A LISCENSED GUN DEALER AN OTHER FACTS FROM THE NEW STORY . NON OF IT IS THERE OWN INVESTIGASTION APARENTLY .

ITS BAD ENOUGH THERE GETTING HTRE FSCTS FROM A NEW REPORT BUT THEH THERE EDITING PARTS OUT TO TRY TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE JOE BLOW ANTIQUE GUN COLLETOR WAS MINDING HIS OWN BUSSINES AN WAS RAIDED. THERE IS A 50 PAGE AFIDAVID SUPPORTING THE WARRENT APARENTLY .

NOW WE HAVE AT LEAST 25 SITES REGURTATING THE SAME REEDITED NEWS STORY AN GDROANNG ON HOW THIS GUY WAS SCRWED OVER

THE TRUTH IS WE HAVE VERY VERY LIMITED FACTS AN TAKING THE WORD OF INFO WARS . ALEX JONES OR THE TEA PARTY SITE IS AB OUT AS SMART AS QUOTING OPRA DR PHIL ROSIE OR MICKY MOUSE.

HERE IS LINK WITH A VIDEO IN IT THE VIDEO IS NOT HE SAME AS THE STROY THATS NOW POSTED ON ABOUT 50 SITES. IF WERE GOING TO DISCUSS THIS CRAP WE AS RESPONSIABLE GUN OWNERS AT LEAST NEED TO DO A LITTLE OF OUR OWN RESEARCH ! TRUSING THE FAR RIGHT IS AS DUMB AS TRUSING THE FAR LEFT THERE BOTH FAR OUT.

LINK
Prison Planet.com » Department of Homeland Security Targets Gun Collector

#8 ·
Pryotex..

Homeland security answers too no one. Nobody.
I am on the "Almost do not fly list." They will let me on the airplane, but I have to get questioned for 30 minutes, before they let me on..
Calls too relative from L.O.s, Attorney Generals office, even a to be unnamed well known politician, who my cousin works with and is best friends with..
"Tim they will not tell us, we tried asking as to why you are on the list."
I see them as over and above Law Enforcement. Nappies private gestapo.
Our borders are wide open. WIDE OPEN.. If they are Homeland Security, then why are they not down their stopping a possible ********, who might be bringing in an atomic bomb? Why waste money on me at the airport? Hell I am old, trouble walking, my right arm barley works. What the hell am I going to do, bite a stewardess?
L.O.s from a dozen or more states have sent Nappie letters.
"We will not enforce illegal gun confiscation laws."
Moab Times-Independent - Utah sheriffs oppose gun confiscation in letter to Obama
1930s Germany.. hitwit started his S.S.. His youth corps.
No one asked questions. First thing hitwit did was get rid of any opposition, including L.O.s who he did not trust.
Now Nappie. Homeland Security, Obama's Youth Corps?
Something is wrong here.. We might want to wake up and start asking questions.

#9 ·
I'm all for waking up and asking questions. It's just we need to ask the questions and not rely on left wing or right wing media to make up our minds.

In this particular thread we're trusting the far right wing crowd to take a far left wing media report and make sense of it. this same twisted story is now being spread around the internet on at least 100 different sites as somehow being the truth. this is now making every gun owner on the internet look like an idiot for following this as fact .

Sometimes I think many of these far right wing sites are just a ploy to pull the idiots out of the woodwork. how many anti government people now start making threats making claims and making unusual statements that will trigger a investigation from authorities ?

On other sites and forums I have read some really stupid outrageous comments after people I have read this story. I would not be surprised if some of those people get investigated and for good reason.

#12 ·
To answer your question directly, out of respect to a directly asked question;
The limited information mentioned nothing of 1500 ftf sales nor it it say he was involved in drugs.

Not trying to be rude crass or accusatory, just making a point.

quote;IF HE WERE DEALIING DRUGS AN HE GOT POPED EVERY ONE WOULD BE SAYING GOOD JOB.

IF IT TURNS OUT HE BOUGHT 1500 GUNS FACE TO FACE FOR A PERSONAL COLLECTION AN IS NOT IN THE BUSSINESS OF SELLING GUNS LISCENSED OR NOT THEN ILL REVERSE MY OPINION.

#13 ·
Being a LEO I can say I do not go to that extent and NOT CHARGE someone, If they had enough to take the paperwork and weapons, then they should have had enough to charge him. If they did charge him they should list the charges to put this to rest as a valid action. Guns "with no markings" There are THOUSANDS of them that are legally here and owned as GRANDFATHERED guns and kits from before the regulations.
As always the news media will spin it the way they want for the reaction they want.

#14 ·
to clarify. the story never says he had 1500 guns bought face to face you are correct. if I insinuated that all of these guns were susposed to be bought face to face then I am in error. if it turns out there all legitimate buys ill happy change my views.

I was saying if it turned out to be the case an all his buys are legit then id be wrong in my thoughts about what may really be going on here. I how ever did not say that this was a fact only that I doubt that many sites are trying to portray this guy as a collector vs a liscend dealer an if he is a dealer I doubt he can buy face to face an not report his purchases.

as far as drugs I am merely making a comparisons to the fact if he was a illeagle drug dealer breaking the law not ever gun site member would be jumping up to support him an yet we seem to think that gun smuggling is ok an some how protected ????. all of that is my opinion you are correct. I never meant for it to be facts but I suppose its no different for me to suppose things with little facts than guys who are trying to defend him with out facts . like you said I don't have many facts other than the watching the actual video feed from the news. I feel that many of the guys on the net not as much here as other far right sites read only the info wars version an never even watch the actual story info wars is making there story from. for that ill say at least I tried to get what facts that are out there VS those who read a right wing site an start making comments an then psoting the story on every other site there a member of . BTW IN DOING A SEARCH THE THE INFO WARS VERSION OUT NUMBERS THE TV NEWS GOVERAGE ABOUT 200-1 IT WAS PRETTY HARD TO EVEN FIN THE ACTUAL NEWS STORY IN FULL AN MANY OF THE IFO WAR TYPE SITES THAT DID LINK TO IT ONLY HAD THE FIRST HALF OF THE VIDEO LEAVING OUT THE PART WERE THE REPORTER SAID IT WAS CONFIRMED HE WAS A LISCNED DEALER AN ALSO THE INFO ABOUT HIS CANADA INVESTIGATION. ILL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIIT I CALL BS ON A LOT OF THESE STORYS BUT MANY TIMES I AM CORRECT AN THEY TURN OUT TO BE HOAKES OR VERY TWISTED REGURTIATED EMAILS THAT GET THE NAMES CHANGED EVERY SIX MONTHS

YOU ARE CORRECT THERE ARE NO DRUGS I KNOW OF INVOLVED . I NEVER MEANT TO IMPLY THERE WERE.

I don't feel I misrepresented the story as it was initially reported how ever an my main point is what the news reported an what info wars or who ever started running the modified version of the original minus many of the so called facts reported are two very different things.

YOU ARE AGAIN CORRECT UNTILL THERE ARE MORE FACTS THERE IS NOT MUCH ELSE TO SAY. I AGAIN ASK MEAMBERS TO THINK OUT SIDE WHAT EVER FORUM THERE ON IS TELLING THEM AN DO A LITTLE SEARCH ON YOUR OWN . WE DONT LIKE IT WHEN THE LIBS TWIST THE CRAP OUT OF A STORY TIO FIT THERE NEEDS AN ID LIKE TO THINK WERE BETTER THAN THEM. THE TRAVON MARTIN STORY COMES TO MIND MOST OF THE CRAP THAT WAS SPREAD WAS WITH OUT FACTS AN STIRRED BY THE FAR LEFT FEEDING ON LIBERAL MEDIAS MIS REPERSENTING OF THE ACTUAL STORY

I FEEL WE ALL NEED TO KEEP OUR EYES AN ERS OPEN AS WELL AS OUR MINDS. I/WE ALL KNOW THEY WANT OUR GUNS IF THEY CAN GET THEM . NO ARGUMENT FROM ME .
I JUST FEEL NOW IS THE TIME FOR GUN OWNERS TO LOOK WELL BASED AN NOT JUMPING ON EVERY CONSPIERICY TALE THAT COMES DOWN THE ROAD. THE LIBS WANT US TO LOOK LIKE WERE NUTS AN ALL THINK THE WORLD IS COMING TO A END AN WERE ALL TRIGGER HAPPY AN ARE JUST WAITING TO SHOOT A COP OR BE IN A STAND OFF. WE NEED TO REALLY THINK WHEN WE POST ANTI GOVERMENT STUFF. WHATS NEXT THE TERM KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY IS CONSTUED INTO A THREAT ON THE DHS ????? OBAMA HAS DECARED HE WILL DO ANY HTING HE CAN LEGALY TO REDUCE GUN GRIME IN AMERICAN/ASSULT WEAPONS IMO SPOUTING ANTI GOVERMENT COMMENTS CAN BE RISKY. ITS NOT SO BAD HERE BUT IF YOU LOOK AT SOME OF THE SITES WHO ARE LINKING TOT HE INFO WARS STORY THE COMMENTS ARE CAUSE IMO FOR MUCH CONCERN AN BORDER ON THREATS. I DONT WANT TO SEE ANY OF THE GOOD HONEST MEAMBERS HERE GET A KNOCK ON THE DOOR.

THANKS FOR KEEPING THIS CONVERSATION RESPECTFUL AN IF I HAVE BEEN DISRESPECTFULL I APOLIGISE . SORRY FOR CAPS THIS IS OFF A STUPID SMART PHONE. :)

#15 ·
Being a LEO I can say I do not go to that extent and NOT CHARGE someone, If they had enough to take the paperwork and weapons, then they should have had enough to charge him. If they did charge him they should list the charges to put this to rest as a valid action. Guns "with no markings" There are THOUSANDS of them that are legally here and owned as GRANDFATHERED guns and kits from before the regulations.
As always the news media will spin it the way they want for the reaction they want.
HOW DOES THAT WORK ???
what is the time frame if any that they have to file charges???????? they apparently had a warrant an did a search is there a time frame to press charged or not an at that point if the guns cant be proven bought illegally then will then have to be returned????

I suspect ( mu opinion there now looking at what exact laws he has broken)

for all we know he has been charged there is only two news reports from the one tv station about the case.

so my question is there a time frame after a raid to press charges or can this just be a continuing investigation??????????

I also suspect the DHS has little reason to need or want to share info with the media in a on going investigation . again my opinion. I don't see a real response from DHS

#16 ·
That all depends on what was outlined in the search warrant. There could be other "illegal" effects found during the search. It is always a "good practice" to include all that you could want to discover. The courts systems really do not like the "I was looking for X but found a bunch of Y" that looks like "crime fishing". I could see him having a bunch of guns on a C&R book(s) and them taking the books and guns to compare what was bought on a C&R vs his plain old normally bought collection. The part that throws me off is Taxes. The one way they could catch him is if he was buying on a 01/07 FFL and then the guns being "transferred" to his personal collection. That would be him buying tax free on the FFL and being "sold" (Transferred) on a 4473 to himself for his collection. That is 100% legal UNLESS he did not "Sell" them to himself in which he would need to pay sales tax as a retail sale.

We can only "think" what is happening without all the facts.

#17 ·
The one way they could catch him is if he was buying on a 01/07 FFL and then the guns being "transferred" to his personal collection. That would be him buying tax free on the FFL and being "sold" (Transferred) on a 4473 to himself for his collection. That is 100% legal UNLESS he did not "Sell" them to himself in which he would need to pay sales tax as a retail sale.
WHAT ABOUT NOT PAYING TAXES ON GUNS BROUGHT IN FROM A DIFFWRANT COUNTRY???? LIKE CANADIA???? ALSO IF IS SELLING TO SOME ONE HE WOULD HAVE TO COLLECT TAXES CORRECT??????? WOULD HE NOT ALSO HAVE TO PAY INCOME TAZES ON PROFITS MADE FROM GUN SALES OR ANY SALE FOR THAT MATTER????????????

#18 ·
As a private citizen you can buy from another country if it is legal to have. HOWEVER if you are a Business you need to register and pay ITAR taxes.

Back to the original post, WHY is homeland security making the bust and not the Locals and ATF?

#19 ·
Back to the original post, WHY is homeland security making the bust and not the Locals and ATF?

ID SUSPECT THAT HE HAS BECOME A PERSON OF INTREST SUSPECTED OF BRINGING IN ILLEAGLE WEAPONS FROM OUT SIDE THE COUNTRY AN DISRIBUTING THEM .

IF HE WAS MUSULEIM IT WOULD BE NO DIFFERANT. I GUYS THERE TRYING TO SAY THERE RESPONSIABLE FOR STOPPING ARMS FROM BEING DISTRUBETED NOW.

WHY THE ATF IS NOT THE PEOLE IN CHARGE IS A REALLY GOOD QUESTION.

WHAT DUTIES DO THE ATF HAVE THAT THE DHS DONT HAVE ????????

SEEMS LIKE TAX ISSUES WOULD CETIANLY FALL UNDER ATF TYPE DUTIES.

SEEMS LIKE THE DHS CAN DO WAHT EVERY THEY WANT WITH NO ONE TO TELL THEM THEY CANT. ID LIKE TO TO SEE A OUT LINE OF WHAT THEY CAN AN CANT DO.

I HAVE NEVER UNDER STOOD HOW THEY CAN HAVE DO NOIT FLY LISTS WITH NO EXPLINATION OF WHY OR NO RECOURSE TO FINDING OUT WHY?????????? SEEMS THAT IN THE USE THEERE SHOULD HAVE TO BE A COURT DECISION IF THERE GOING TO DENY RIGHTS TO PEOPLE .

#21 ·
WHY IS DHS INVOLVED I THIS DRUG BUS AN GUN BUST ???IN NEWMEXICO ALSO

Homeland Security makes big drug, gun bust | News - KOAT Home

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —Homeland Security Investigation agents netted a major drug and gun bust earlier this week.

Related

New Mexicans vote for their favorite Super Bowl ads
Federal agents seize 1,500 firearms from home
UNM students offer confessions on Facebook page
Teen sought in string of home invasion robberies
State senator proposes arming teachers

Nearly 1,000 grams of meth were found during a traffic stop along I-40 on Monday. Combined, the near pure-grade bundles have a value of $40,000.

Agents also stormed the suspect's Albuquerque apartment where they found more than a dozen guns, including AK-47's, handguns and high-capacity magazine clips. Some of the guns are stolen.

"We didn't anticipate finding as many as we did, but we're always on the lookout for firearms," said assistant special agent in charge Kevin Abar.

Two suspects, Terry Connors and Thomas Jones, are in federal custody facing drugs charges. Gun charges could be coming shortly.

HSI continues to investigate

Read more: Homeland Security makes big drug, gun bust | News - KOAT Home

#22 ·
THEN DHS IS INVOLVED IN THIS BUST WERE THE POLICE CHIEFF AN MAYOR WERE ALSO BUSTED . THEY SEEM TO BE PRETTY BUSY IN NEW MEXICO FOR SOME REASON

Columbus New Mexico Gun Bust Includes Arrest Of Police Chief Angelo Vega, Mayor, And Village Trustee
i Rate This
Quantcast

COLUMBUS, NEW MEXICO – The mayor, police chief and a village trustee in the New Mexico border town of Columbus have been charged along with eight other defendants with buying firearms for illegal export to Mexico, federal authorities said Thursday.

An 84-count indictment accuses the 11 of being what authorities describe as a gun-trafficking ring. The ring bought guns “favored by the Mexican cartels,” such as American tactical 9 mm pistols and the so-called “AK-47 pistols,” which are weapons resembling AK-47 rifles but with shorter barrels and without rear stocks, U.S. Attorney Kenneth J. Gonzales of New Mexico said.

In a phone interview, Gonzales said authorities seized 200 such firearms, allegedly purchased illegally using “straw” buyers, and intended for sale in Mexico. He added that 1,500 rounds of ammunition were also seized.

Authorities say much of the Mexican drug cartel violence is carried out with weapons originating from the United States. The indictment alleges that 12 firearms previously purchased by the defendants were found in Mexico and were traced back to them, authorities said.

“I couldn’t tell you for sure that the firearms would ultimately be put in the hands of people who were going to hurt other people, but because we believe the firearms were destined for Mexico, we feel we made a big difference today,” Gonzales told CNN.

Arrested Thursday were Columbus Police Chief Angelo Vega, 40; Mayor Eddie Espinoza, 51; and village trustee Blas Gutierrez, 30, said Gonzales, who added the town’s population was about 2,000 people.

It could not be determined by CNN Thursday whether any of the defendants had retained attorneys.

They and seven other defendants were arrested by federal and local authorities Thursday, and all but one of them were arrested in Columbus, Gonzales said. The 11th defendant, Ignacio Vallalobos, 24, of Columbus, remained a fugitive and is facing two counts of firearms smuggling and a conspiracy charge, authorities said.

“Presumably these folks are engaging in this activity because there is money to be made,” Gonzales said. “We’re very disappointed that we have among these 11 people three people in government positions — a police chief sworn to protect the public and a mayor sworn to lead and provide for the public safety and a village trustee that has that duty as well.”

Authorities also conducted searches at eight residences, a business and even the Columbus Police Department, authorities said.

“That was part of the tragedy here — we’re actually having to search a police department,” Gonzales said. He didn’t know what was seized from there Thursday.

Because the small town of Columbus has only a four-member police force, including the chief, Luna County Sheriff Raymond Cobos told CNN Thursday that his deputies were now providing police patrols.

But the sheriff has told Columbus officials that their police department could no longer use the same radio frequency as the county, to ensure the integrity of local law enforcement.

Sheriff Cobos said the remaining three members of the village board were now running the town, and he was in negotiations with them to take over police protection.

“It’s right across the border from Puerto Palomas (Mexico) and they have a history of street violence down there that include daylight assassinations, kidnappings, shootings and one of the last incidents down there was finding three heads in a gazebo in the town plaza,” Cobos said.

When asked about how the federal raid left the small town without several top officials, the sheriff said: “I haven’t seen anything like this before. Whatever comes up, we take care of it the best way we can. We’re meeting with other state officials to see what we can come up with” regarding public safety in Columbus.

Between January 2010 and March 2011, the defendants allegedly bought about 200 firearms from Chaparral Guns in Chaparral, New Mexico, which is owned and operated by Ian Garland, 50, who was also arrested and is facing several charges, authorities said.

The defendants allegedly claimed they were the actual purchasers of the firearms, when in fact they were acting as “straw purchasers” who were buying the firearms on behalf of others, authorities said.

The indictment came after a yearlong federal investigation and was part of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force, a program targeting the most serious drug trafficking, weapons trafficking and money laundering organizations, and those responsible for the nation’s illegal drug supply, authorities said.

During the investigation, law officers also seized 40 AK-47-type pistols, 1,580 rounds of 7.62 ammunition, and 30 high-capacity magazines from the defendants before they crossed the U.S.-Mexico border, authorities said.

No weapons were knowingly permitted to cross the border, authorities said.

“Identifying and arresting individuals involved in criminal activities, especially weapons and drug trafficking, in our homeland is a national security priority for ICE,” Manuel Oyola-Torres, special agent in charge of Immigration and Customs Enforcement in El Paso, Texas, said in a statement.

All 11 defendants are charged with one count each of conspiracy to smuggle firearms from the United States to Mexico. If convicted of this charge, each defendant could receive a sentence of five years of imprisonment and a $250,000 fine, authorities said.

Some of the defendants also are charged with making false statements in connection with the acquisition of firearms. Conviction carries a maximum penalty of five years imprisonment and a $250,000 fine, authorities said.

Some of them are charged with unlawfully concealing and facilitating the transportation of firearms knowing that the firearms were intended for exportation from the United States, authorities said. The maximum penalty for that offense is 10 years of imprisonment and a $250,000 fine, authorities said.

Appeared Here

#23 ·
Undisclosed budgets, purchases of 1.6 rounds of ammo, fusion centers, job corps, forced insertions of federal jurisdiction into local and state affairs.

Twenty years from now some might look back and say 'how the heck didn't they understand what he meant when he said;

“We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”

Most of our US Military is on record stating that they would refuse orders to fire on American citizens.

DHS is trained to do it.

#25 ·
HMMM SO DHS IS ALSO IN CHARGE OF CUSTOMS ENFORCMENT ALONG WITH A HHOLE LOT OF EVERY THING ELSE IT LOOKS LIKE .

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS), responsible for identifying, investigating, and dismantling vulnerabilities regarding the nation's border, economic, transportation, and infrastructure security. The largest components within ICE are Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and Enforcement & Removal Operations (ERO). Headquartered in Washington, D.C., ICE is charged with the investigation and enforcement of over 400 federal statutes within the United States, and maintains attachés at major U.S. embassies overseas.

ICE is led by a director, who is appointed at the sub-Cabinet level by the president of the United States, confirmed by the Senate, and reports directly to the Secretary of Homeland Security.[3] ICE is the second largest criminal investigations agency in the U.S. government, following the FBI.[4] The mission of ICE is to protect the United States and uphold public safety by enforcing immigration and customs laws.

#26 ·
US customs collects the duties/ taxes ... Immigration enforce the laws of citzens bring in things ... DHS HAS powers that blur the line between martial/civil law concerning non us citizens . " like non freindly" acording to the state dept.... non un member states etc that is supposed to be there jurisdiction/focus
ak9

#27 ·
US CUSTOMS IS PART OF DHS NOW AS IS IMIGRATION THERE IS NO INS AS I UNDERSTAND IT . IF YOUR BRINGING STUFF IN OR OUT OF THE COUNTRY THERE IN CHARGE FROM WHAT IM READING. THE DHS IS CUSTOMS OR DO I HAVE THIS ALL WRONG???

I AGREE THE LINES ARE REALLY BLURED AN IT SEMS LIKE THEY DONT NEED TO EXPALINN TO ANY ONE . THERE DOING A LOT OF DRUG BUSTS DOWN SUTH IT SEEMS AS WELL. IT ALSO SEEMS THRE WORKING WITH MOST OF THE ALPHABET GANG IN LAW ENFORCMENT.

I ALSO AGREE THAT THEY SEEM TO BE OUT OF CONTROL IN SOME AREAS WERE CITIZENS RIGHTS ARE BEING STEPPED ON .

I ALOS WORRY THAT THEY WILLEVENTUALY BE THERE JUST DO THE PRESIDENTS BIDDING AN COULD POSSABLY STAGE A OVERTHROW AT SOME POINT . IT SEEMS NOT MUCH KEEPS THEM IN CHECK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.