BREAKING - Piers Morgan, Alex Jones, Ted Nugent and hundreds of gun rights supporters all converge on Katy, TX
Breaking news: Tactical Firearms owner was quoted out of context on ammo limits; Piers Morgan, Alex Jones, Ted Nugent all converge on Katy, TX
(NaturalNews) For those of you following the ongoing drama of gun control, Piers Morgan and the Second Amendment, there have been some important developments today in Texas:
• Piers Morgan (CNN) announced that he would be broadcasting live from Katy, Texas, from Tactical Firearms, one of the largest gun retailers and shooting ranges in the nation.
• Minutes later, Alex Jones alerted his nationwide radio audience to the situation, and based on incorrect information that had been given to him about Jeremy Alcede (the owner of Tactical Firearms) supporting an online ammo ban, Alex described Tactical Firearms on the air using language that implied Alcede supported new restrictions on the Second Amendment.
• This information was incorrect. Alex appropriately reversed himself on air, in the last few minutes of the show, correcting his earlier statements. InfoWars.com has since posted a detailed article with the correction and additional details on tonight's CNN broadcast from Katy, TX.
• I personally spoke with Jeremy Alcede a few minutes ago, and he explained that his statement on ammo was "selectively edited" from a recorded interview he had done. The selective editing mischaracterized his statement, playing it out of context and creating a false impression. For the record, Alcede is very much pro Second Amendment and absolutely does not support any new restrictions on firearms magazines, ammo sales or gun sales.
• (Many internet pundits will argue this point, but I just talked to the man and he confirmed with me that he does not, in any way, support compromises on the Second Amendment.)
• Alex Jones and crew are right now on their way to Katy, TX (roughly a 2-hour drive from Austin), where Alex reportedly plans to bullhorn Piers Morgan.
• When I spoke to Jeremy Alcede a few minutes ago, he said his parking lot was "crawling with media from all over," with satellite uplinks, media trucks, and huge crowds of supporters starting to gather. He told me on the phone that Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott appeared to be arriving, but this was not confirmed and it might be incorrect.
• Outspoken firearms rights advocate Ted Nugent is scheduled to show, and also Libertarian-leaning Texas Senator Ted Cruz who recently won a hard-fought election.
I have additional inside information about the history of Tactical Firearms and Jeremy Alcede, and I can assure you this man is not a gun grabber. He's a committed, passionate supporter of the Second Amendment and individual liberty. Those who are accusing him of compromising on gun control are simply misinformed.
Piers Morgan has increasingly invited gun rights advocates to appear on his show because it's the only thing keeping his ratings up. Morgan, whose audience is but a shadow of Larry King's, famously attacked Larry Pratt on air, calling him a "stupid man." He was then attacked himself by Alex Jones who lashed out at him in a now-famous tirade defending Second Amendment liberties and warning about the pattern of history where tyrants like Hitler, Stalin and Mao always "took the guns."
The showdown in Katy, Texas begins in mere hours from the time of this publication. Given the wild card element of Alex Jones showing up with a bullhorn, plus hundreds of gun rights supporters filling the parking lot of the facility, it's anybody's guess what's actually going to happen. But make no mistake: Texans are NOT giving up their guns, period.
Ain't gonna happen. And any government foolish enough to try to take guns from Texans is going to find itself on a collision course with a new chapter of American history.
Learn more: Breaking news: Tactical Firearms owner was quoted out of context on ammo limits; Piers Morgan, Alex Jones, Ted Nugent all converge on Katy, TX