Thread: The Americans

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Smile The Americans

It is a new show on FX1980s Cold War drama about a group of Soviet KGB officers who have been trained to impersonate American citizens. This is like some of the stuff that cold war vet like me can't talk about but an ex CIA guy can make a show about it.
    That said it is a good show.
    Gunco Member 2241
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by konrue66 View Post
    It is a new show on FX1980s Cold War drama about a group of Soviet KGB officers who have been trained to impersonate American citizens. This is like some of the stuff that cold war vet like me can't talk about but an ex CIA guy can make a show about it.
    That said it is a good show.
    I know what u mean(cold warrior, '81-'89). The stuff some of us were involved in may never see the light of day.
    "NA BEAN DON CHAT GUN LAMHAINN"
    Clan MacPherson
    "CREAG DHUBH"!

Feedback Score

i watched the 1st show .... Quite interesting with the starting plot ...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

The give-a-way should be...they speak better English than most Americans.

I met some Kuwaiti teenagers in Saudi. Their English and manners were so much better than most American teenagers, it made me wish they were American teenagers.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

GANGBUSTERS,GANGBUSTERS I would hear come across the 1MC of the LittleRock CLG4.
    SOON-We already lost the war. You are the resistance.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

good show would love to have the wife give me a BJ as in the first pilot episode

what makes you think they are still not slipping in sleepers, what makes you think other countries are not slipping in sleepers.
    we are fools

the russians setup spy networks in england in the mid 30's by recruiting liberial college students, most of whom ended up working for SIS and MI-5/6

interesting to watch the morality of this once great nation, glad I lived in those times
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

wanted to see this but missed the first episode....

Noxema girl is all grown up nowdays.... :-)
    say what you mean & mean what you say

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Sounds like an interesting show..
    God Bless our Cold War Vets. Many Men and Women lost their lives during those difficult years.. Our forgotten Hero's.
    "Hunt For Red October" by Tom Clancy.. Did yall know it was based on fact?
    Not a sub, but a mutiny aboard a Russian ship, the Storozhevoy 1975.
    Storozhevoy (Project 1135) Frigate / Submarine Hunter - History, Specs and Pictures - Navy Ships
    Prior to his writing the book, the only experience he had in writing, was an editorial too a newspaper..
    President Regan asked him how he got such a knowledge of cold war tactics and submarine warfare..
    "Quit simple. I hung out near the Naval warfare college and asked questions. Talked too former sub mariners. They told me all I needed to know."
    "Man needs but two things to survive alone in the woods. A blow up female doll and his trusty old AK-47" - Thomas Jefferson 1781

Feedback Score

In 1985 While I was assigned to a special division, myself and the rest of our divison went to a known base on the East Coast, and when we were alsomst to our destination point. Our convoy was stopped, by Military police and Military CIDm it was a brief encounter, wew were all told that if anyone had recording equipment of cameras of anykind they were to be turned over for safe keeping, and we were given a receipt for our items and was told we could pick them up at the Provost Marshals Office after this special training exersise was completed and all personal were debriefed. Ok no Biggie right ? Wrong we were informed that anyone whom did not turn over recording devices and or cameras would be in violation of the ucmj and would be punished by court martial, and us older guys were thinking etf this dont happen anywhere this is a first. So after turning in all or stuf for those who had them . we proceeded on foot for aprox a mile. upon arriving at our final destination what we saw was at best alarming. We wound up spending two days of training with operatives from the Soviet Union, One unit commander and a former high ranking member of the KGB. And we were taught soivet tactitcs, and was qualifed on all soviet slamm arm weapons in cluding RPG'S, we didnt ask why, we just did what was asked and got it over with. this infact bothered alot of US, since the cold war was still going on why were we training with Soviet Personal ? I dont even want to know why I just find it very disurbing, and during this whole op the entire base was shut down no-one on or off base unless they were Officers ofMaj or above. So if they hav done this before and we have no idea how many times training missions of this kind has taken place, or do we really want to know? ,,,Doc

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.