Gunco Forums banner

Sandy Hook Father Absolutely Owns Guns Violence Hearing

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  twa2471 
#1 ·
#3 ·
way to go . I bet congress did not see that coming an he could not have said it much better. im sure he has not made any friends' around home or maybe he has.

I cant help wonder if he was coached a little ??????? hMMMMMMM either way he did it right .

how do you get a chance to speak before congress ?????? AN THE VIDEO SAYS HE OWNS GONGRES IM NOT SURE HE IS ADRESSING CONGRESS.

WERE IS HE AT EXACTLY??????????????????????????????????

I also cant help but wonder how many of the Victems parents an other family meambers own guns for protection?????? odds are several do .

he made I point I have made as well the police reports are not even out an yet there passing legislation based on what is perceived to have happened. now its likely going to show the same thing as reported but what if after laws are passed it were discovered that things are not as said an that a hand gun was involved ????

if the killer was not dead there would be a a trial an what if it turns out he didn't do it ???

Im just playing devils advocate here. the president an government is trying to pass laws based on a crime that hasn't even had its investigation done yet???? whats next they start passing laws on other crimes before there fully investigated or people have gone to trial??????

the sandy hook shooting is just the excuse that dems have been looing for . Diane fintstien already has had the bill drafted an ready for a year prior.

if we don't get laws bpassed this time there will eventualy be another shooting an then it will start all over again.

what needs to be happening is laws passed protecting attacks against the constitution. The If the NRA has all the power the dems claim why don't they introduce laws through those politicians who support them.??????????

#4 ·
Newtown* father defies legislators on ‘gun control’ - National gun rights | Examiner.com

hmmmmm well his daughter is not a sandy hook school member( at the bottom ) she is in a diiferant school in the area. an he is addressing the working group public hearing at the state capitol State not congress. I love how all these utube idiots have to twist things around. the guy in in the link who posted this video has abo lot of anti government videos. the video says he owns gongress this is not true.

STILL A GOOD SPEACH JUST NOT TO CONGRESS LIKE WHAT IS NOW BEING SPRERAD AROUND THE WEB AN SOON EMAILS

. Related topics
gun rightsGun controlAdvertisement“A father of a Sandy Hook Elementary School student [see "Update" below] testified on January 28, 2013 in a Working Group Public Hearing at the Connecticut State Capitol on gun violence prevention,” Tim Brown of Freedom Outpost reported yesterday. Bill Stevens made a statement of defiance against “proposed asinine legislation” that drew applause from some in attendance, as he reminded legislators that both the national and Connecticut state Constitutions affirm the right to bear arms.

“There’s no registration, there’s no permitting, there’s no background checks,” he advised the panel, reminding them that rights are “endowed by our Creator, not you politicians. “In order to limit the rights of individuals there is something called ‘due process,’ and legislation is not ‘due process.’

“Lock down’ is not an option at the Stevens’ residence and 911 will be dialed after the security of my home has been established,” he declared. “Why is that same security that my daughter enjoys at home with her dad not available at school in Newtown? That is what you should be considering, not making her dad a criminal.”

"You`ll have to take my guns from my cold dead hands."
Sandy Hook father Bill Stevens
Sandy Hook father Bill Stevens “I will tell you here today, you will take my ability to protect my Victoria from my cold dead hands,” he challenged, emphasizing his seriousness by slamming his fist on the table.

This is exactly the type of message that needs to be shared, that defeats the hypocritical and agenda-driven posturing of the citizen disarmament zealots, and also appeals more effectively than dry testimony and statistics which Stevens purposely refrained from, choosing instead to present a message of common sense, and of affirming rights and the willingness to defend them.

Take three minutes and watch the video, embedded in this column. If you react like I did (I actually applauded at the end) do one more thing and share it far and wide.

*UPDATE: I was contacted last night by Mr. Stevens with the following correction:

Thank you for the nice article about my testimony in Hartford. Unlike the Liberal media who don't let facts get in the way, I just wanted to let you know that my daughter does not attend Sandy Hook Elementary, but was in "lock down" nonetheless on December 14, 2012 at Reed Intermediate School (5th & 6th grade) about a mile away with her classmates, one of whom lost his little sister that day.

#5 ·
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THAT MEETING ITS THE ONE WERE A KIDS DAD WAS INTERUPTED AN THE MEDAI MAD A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT ALOS A VICTOMES DAD STATED ITS NOT ABOUT GUNS

Parent of Sandy Hook Victim Heckled During Gun Hearing in Connecticut - JD Journal | JD Journal

Parent of Sandy Hook Victim Heckled During Gun Hearing in Connecticut

During a hearing about gun control at the Connecticut State Capitol on Monday, two groups were present who brought their views. One group was dressed in camouflage and the other was dressed in suits. All told, there were some 1,500 people at the hearing, according to the Connecticut Post.

A resident of Newtown who has girls in the town’s schools, Bill Stevens, said that he would shoot anyone threatening his family during a home invasion and then call 911. He paraphrased a gun-rights quote, saying the following:

Get JD Journal in Your Mail
Subscribe to our FREE daily news alerts and get the latest updates on the most happening events in the legal, business, and celebrity world. You also get your daily dose of humor and entertainment!!

“I will tell you here today, you will take my ability to protect my Victoria from my cold, dead hands.”

A lawyer from Greenwich, Lindy Urso, said, “The local and national debate has been co-opted by the anti-gun agenda. This has nothing to do with Newtown.”

Advocates of gun control argued that the Bushmaster assault rifle should be banned. It was used by the gunman in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.

“How many more people have to be massacred in our schools, shopping malls and movie theaters before those of us who are in a position to create laws actually act?” Gayle Weinstein, the first selectman of Weston, said.

Nancy Lefkowitz, from Fairfield, said, “In the 45 days since the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School, 3,600 people have died because of gun violence.” She marched 12 years ago in the “Million Mom March.” Since that march, 360,000 people have died from gun violence.

“And some of you have asked us to wait while you weigh your options?” Lefkowitz said. “Don’t you think we have waited long enough? Stop this bleeding. You can be sure your hesitance to act swiftly and aggressively in favor of safer, rational gun laws turns thousands of residents of this state into single-issue voters and we are now paying attention to your every move.”

During the testimony of Neil Heslin, the father of Jesse Lewis, who was killed during the shooting at Sandy Hook, gun enthusiasts shouted “The Second Amendment!” when Heslin asked why Bushmaster assault-style weapons should be legally sold in the state.

“There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened,” said Heslin. Heslin noted that he grew up using guns.

“That wasn’t just a killing, it was a massacre,” said Heslin. “I just hope some good can come out of this.”

Martin M. Looney, the Senate Majority Leader and the co-chair of the Gun Violence Prevention Working Group, threatened to empty the hearing if the audience did not stop the chatter.

Mark Mattioli, whose son James was killed at Sandy Hook, said, “I don’t believe it’s so complex. We need civility across our nation. The problem is not gun laws, it’s a lack of civility.”

#6 ·
Advocates of gun control argued that the Bushmaster assault rifle should be banned. It was used by the gunman in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
Parent of Sandy Hook Victim Heckled During Gun Hearing in Connecticut - JD Journal | JD Journal

No it was not.. That weapon and the ammo for it never came out of his trunk.

An AR-15, or the so-called “Assault Weapon”, was not used in the school shooting. The shooter even tried weeks earlier to buy a rifle but was turned down in the background check. So he had to kill his Mother to steal her rifle. There were initial reports, right after the shooting, that police found the AR-15 in his car, NOT IN THE SCHOOL. The rifle was not used. The shooter went into the school with 4 handguns, NOT an Assault Rifle as the media has charged.

Read more: Coroner Confirms: No Assault Weapon Used in Sandy Hook Shooting | Conservative Byte

#12 ·
True kernel..

But she lived out of state where I guess? she was legally allowed to own them.
Guess her nut case son grabbed it and brought it into the state of Conn.
We own a home up there where I visit on occasion. Did not know the laws had changed since I was a young lad up there.
My God. I went into a huge gun shop and asked if they had any AKs or ARs..
Damn. They looked at me like I was robbing the place. No forbodden in CT.
Not sure if they grandfathered the ones people owned.
The real key here is the media immediately blamed an assault weapon for what the nut case kid did. Without even knowing the facts, they put it on front page news.
Turns out by the coroners own admission, it was not used and never left the trunk.
To late, the antis had their bad guy gun front page.
With the sad incident. This is not an isolated case. First thing the lib media does is post the weapon used was a "Fully automatic killer machine gun, with a thousand round mag, capable of killing thousands with one pull of the trigger."
Such was the case here. It never left his trunk.

#14 ·
I too was proud of him. I'm sure he thought long and hard about what he said, but common sense does prevail within some people. There sure was a quite moment of silence when he finished,, with the libs in the crowd tripping over there jaws!!

I saw a couple of different versions of this video ,, watch the reaction in the crowd in the back ground,, some were flabbergasted and others were smiling and proud of how this guy spoke up.

Good job Sir !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.