Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bruce Willis: Don't infringe on Second Amendment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Default Bruce Willis: Don't infringe on Second Amendment

Bruce Willis: Don't infringe on Second Amendment

US actor Bruce Willis poses during a photo call to promote the movie 'A Good Day to Die Hard' in Berlin, Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013. (AP Photo/Markus Schreiber)

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bruce Willis says he's against new gun control laws that could infringe on Second Amendment rights. The "Die Hard" star also dismisses any link between Hollywood shootouts and real-life gun violence.

"I think that you can't start to pick apart anything out of the Bill of Rights without thinking that it's all going to become undone," Willis told The Associated Press in a recent interview while promoting his latest film, "A Good Day To Die Hard." ''If you take one out or change one law, then why wouldn't they take all your rights away from you?"

Willis' fifth outing as wise-cracking cop John McClane, due in theaters Feb. 14, comes as his action franchise marks its 25th anniversary. The 57-year-old actor will also be seen firing away at bad guys in the upcoming sequels "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" and "Red 2," both due later this year.

But he believes "the real topic is diminished" when observers link Hollywood entertainment with high-profile mass shootings like those last year in Connecticut and Colorado.

"No one commits a crime because they saw a film. There's nothing to support that," Willis said. "We're not making movies about people that have gone berserk, or gone nuts. Those kind of movies wouldn't last very long at all."

Willis added that he doesn't see how additional legislation could prevent future mass shootings.

"It's a difficult thing and I really feel bad for those families," he said. "I'm a father and it's just a tragedy. But I don't know how you legislate insanity. I don't know what you do about it. I don't even know how you begin to stop that."

Movie News and Rumors - Yahoo! Movies...

Black Blade: Meanwhile anti-gun actors Stallone and Shwartzenegger flopped at the box office. Go figure.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Well I will definitely do my part to support his movie, since he took a vocal stance on the issue. One of the few in Hollyweird to say something.
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Bruce Willis is a gun owner and takes his kids out shooting in Idaho. His ex Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher also used to go shooting their ARs together with Bruce and kids. He has always been supportive of Second Amendmnet rights and I would not be surprised if he's NRA and one day would become a NRA spokesman like Tom Selleck.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score

I ll be doing the same .... Its rare and far between for People in the Movie industry to Stand Up and Voice Up an Opinion without getting a back lash in the industry ...

I mean look at what they did to Stacey Dash .... What a Shame at what they did to her, at when, she gave out an opinion.... and She was Right ....

Another Day In Paradise DiabloII's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

outstanding Mr Willis , finally a Hollywood actor that has the BALLS to stand up for the 2ND amendment.

and not cower down to the goober smoochers in DC like the rest of em
    buying up all the guns and ammo i can just to PISS OFF the douche bag liberals

Feedback Score

Ummm. Further proof that John McClane is the best superhero ever. I mean all political beliefs aside it would have taken Dooms Day to stop me from seeing the new Die Hard.

This just sealed the deal though.

I have no problems with any "Celebrities" if they know their place. They remain neutral to me. But if they choose to open their mouths and I don't agree with what they say then they are on my blacklist. If I agree then kudos to you.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

+1 Willis! Always enjoy his movies.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)

Yippeee Ky-A-motherf*cker!!!!! (However it's spelled. LOL) By the way, if you haven't heard the song, look it up on YouTube. It's freaking hilarious!!!

Here's the link:
    Enforcement, NOT Amnesty!!!!!!

"If they’re going to come here illegally, apply for & receive assistance through a corrupted Government agency encouraging this lawless behavior, work under the table & send billions of dollars each year back to their families in Mexico, while bleeding local economies dry, protest in our streets waving their Mexican flags DEMANDING rights, while I have to press ’1′ for English, then they need to be shipped back to where they came from!" -Chad Miller

Firearms Accumulator Carbine Coyote's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Always liked Bruce Willis.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

I knew I liked Bruce for a reason now I know what it is
    Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have. The course of history shows that as a government grows, LIBERTY DECREASES."

Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.