Gunco Forums banner

its crazy out there!

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  twa2471 
#1 ·
i just looked in a cheaper than dirt and my eyes went blank. 99.97 for a gi ar15 30rd mag. i dont know how everybody else feels about this BS but im done with these places and just going to reload some. i bet money on this,,, some of these people pushing all this crazy gun control and mag s have stock in a few companies. price gouding to the maxs. i wonder if there are a few laws being broked right there on prices.

#2 ·
i don't know about laws. but i consider "gougers" to be very short sighted.

i got an email from CFS today $179.99 + $7.99 shipping for 200 rounds of m855 !

$0.94 a round for 5.56! the did throw in a MRE--LOL!

i once bought lots of stuff from CFS but now days i do most of my trading with JSE-- hell i have bought quite a few oddball mags from them lately at regular price--

i'll continue to buy and BO stuff from JSE--

CFS--naaaa--- it going to take me a long time to forget this BS their doing today--

#5 ·
No, I would not pay that much!
CTD has shown their true colors for a couple of months now, why is anyone even going there anymore?

Is it legal to manufacture magazines without a license?
I know a few sheet metal guys that could use the work.
We'd have to source springs & followers but that stuff is still pretty available.

#6 ·
how many dam fools out there to pay the bullsh*t prices. on mags alone. i still remember the big primer scare and *uck, when will people stop this crap. dont they know if no one buys their products that it will go down. dont they know that no matter what it will be there from some where. unemployment at its worst but yet people will by this stuff for a stupid price>>> makes me want to unload everything gun and retire to a beach.

#7 ·
People like us aren't the people buying that stuff though because we already (or should already) have a decent amount of mags. The people actually paying for this stuff are the people who don't know any better and didn't start buying guns until Dec 15th 2012.

CTD is dead to me because they are seriously gouging. GI m16/M4 mags were almost impossible to give away before the great scare of 2013 because everybody was buying 90 PMAGS at a time. I have a couple PMAGS and mostly GI mags (thanks to my armorer being a groomsman at my wedding) and they have never let me down following minor cheap alterations.

Rumor on the streets is the AWB will get dropped, but the push for low-capacity mags is still going to happen. There are still some reasonable companies out there that have just said they are going to stop selling them on backorder just to catch up, but they aren't jacking up the price. But charging almost $100 for a magazine that didnt cost $2 to make is criminal.

Just stay strong. Once all the mall ninjas are satisfied these companies guilty of price gouging are going to be hurting because guys like us will have already moved our business elsewhere and companies like CTD will have to stick to selling pop-up tents and waterproof matches. Just laugh at the guys paying $1300 for WASR 10s at the fun shows (seen it with my own eyes)

There are too many of us who are too well connected and informed for there to be a repeat of 1994. Just wait until the people who are regretting their decision on November 6th to calm down and quit buying stuff out from under us.

We will make it through this stuff together brothers.

#8 ·
Got a buddy in my area that claims someone offered him $2000.00 for his semi tactical Romy SAR. Seriously, WTF?!?!?!?!?!

#9 ·
C-Products AR15 223 30RD Black Aluminum

to me even $29 each for a c-prod 30 is a bit too high. i think retail on these is $15.

i would pay $30 for a c-products before i would pay $20 for an orlite or $100 for a ex USGI--LOL

the only mags i wish i had a few more of are the p-mags.

i stocked up on those D&H made DSG marked mags when CTD had them on sale for $4.99 each, and then i bought a bunch of c-products back when the were sale for $7 each--

so it ain't like i be hurting for any ar-15 mags --

i am still buying a few odd cal mags like 9mm and 7.62x39-- so far the most expensive one i have bought cost $21--all the rest i got for strictly retail price--and this is after the big panic too. most of these i got for $16 each--not cheap but not a gouge either.

there are still places to get mags if you look. you don't have to deal with gougers.

#10 ·
Hey 2nd, I believe it. I was at a fun show this last weekend and a guy had a couple SKSs on the table;
1) A Norinco with the bayonet removed, $975
2) A Norinco with a bayonet, $1050
3) SKS with red wooden stock, $2200
I've got five and the most I payed for any of them was $100, and I thought that was a lot to pay for a &79.00 gun.

#11 ·
im seeing Saigas in shops at $1000

im seeing craigs list ads for $20 box on wolf ammo that should be $4

I cant find small rifle primers anywere an need at least 1000 for this spring.

most popular powders are not avaliabele I need varget or something close h322 h355 4227 etc.

Im considering putting every thing I have on a transferable reciver on the block an cashing out . Ill keep 4 of my favorites . I wish every gun iu buiklt was on a nds reciver right now.

Im looking at my sks an m1 carbine an wondering if I really need them. money is tight an id like a better truck. some of my stuff hasent been shot in 15 years. with ammo at a buck a round I sure csant afford to shoot them much.

my buddys who I varmint hunt with said there not sure about this year an that there not sure they want to spend 75 cents around on praire dogs when we shoot abnout 1000 rounds a trip most don't reload or have any brass to reload.

Im starting to get really stressed about all this crap its not fun any more constantly worrying about law changes, prices of part are through the roof , ammo is sky high . hell I stopped racing over high costs an constant rule changes now this crap. I sold off boats because of high operating costs . having a gun is getting worse.

a rear ak trunion an trigger guard are moire expensive than an entire barrels kit was 7 years ago. I used to cut rear trunions that were $8 to make pisol trunions out of an even made a few toy guns for kids out of spare parts now those tous have $100 worth of parts on them. it is nuts.

#12 ·
I cant find small rifle primers anywere an need at least 1000 for this spring
Word is all the spare primers and brass are going towards ammo production so they might not be available for a while. Sucks too becasue I was really starting to look into reloading.

#13 ·
hmmmm well it would be nice to still get wolf primers an other imported primers.

the problem with primers is there is never a big surpluss of them dealers keep a few boxes an then there out .

it would seem that there would be a market for a primers an it would seem that a company could make them competitively .

I hear all the bench reast shooter feeling help less to the lack of quality products an being at the mercy of what ever the bnig names decide to make an sell.
or
it seems that for the last 4 years there has been room for a few more manufatures to make primers. you would think there would at least be a high end primer maker who spoecalized in more precision primers. of all the componets you buy for reloading primers are the most in the dark item . there is no real testing ,or explintaion of what the differences in all of them are there is very little hard data from the makers. some are harder than others some are listed as magnum but are realy the same just harder cups, some are a highr charge, some small rifle primers are poor for high intensity rounds ??????? my dealer has a sigh warning that Remington small rifle are not for high intensity rounds .???? wtf does that mean is a 223 a high intensity round or not what rounds aore not in small rifle?????

any way just wish there was more competition . its pretty bad when many many bench rest shooters are using cheap Russian primers an saying there the best WTF???

#15 ·
Got a nice Russian SKS I have $150 in. Pretty brown laminated stock. I am so curious what our son-in-laws auction in Hodges SC is going to do, couple of SKS's, a FAL, Several AR15's, thousands of primers, lots of ammo, 22 & 7.62 X 39, AR & AK 30 shot magazines. A seller is coming from Ohio with stuff to sell. People are coming from all over. His building can hold about 400 people, bet it will be that and more. He has plenty of parking and good food, clean bathrooms and he's on a 4 lane hwy so folks can slide right in. The bidders will set the price on themselves. I'm going to watch the show.

#16 ·
It's a show alright, I even put a couple guns on Gun Broker I didn't care much about,,cause it's so crazy, price wise. Sold the Sagia 308 @ 900 and will have a Egyptian somewhat dressed up going on this week. We'll see what that fetches. Hell If people want to pay the prices they are for that type gun,,,,, hell ya I'll sell mine. You Bet !! Once the AK sells,, I'll put the mags up too,, at what I'd call crazy prices, but less than there fetching from others. I just don't get the panic buying eaither,, but being somewhat a business man I won't let the opportunity pass,, I'm no fool. I did buy them as an investment after all,, just never thought it would get crazy like this though.

On the flip side ,,, I sure have found some real nice bolt guns coming out of the closet at real reasonable prices. I've gotten some killer deals lately on them. I'll recondition them and try them out,, the really good ones I'll keep, and the others I'll turn those over this fall to deer hunters and more than likely make a couple hundred on each and save them bucks over a regular shop's prices. And still give good deals. Got a pristine Turkish Mauser like brand new and no import marks a couple weeks ago that had been in someones closet for ever and they were asking 75 bucks for it,,,,,,,sold !!! I had that one 2 days and I sold it for 6 times what I paid for it,, wish deals like that came around every day !!!!! I almost kept that one, but the margin was to good.

I've been selling off some of the high demand stuff I have,, like "clips",,,, LMAO,,,,and a couple AK platforms I've had around for a long time and picking up 2-3 other guns for what I've sold a single AK platform gun for. Hell for what I sold that Sagia for , I picked up a nice Springfield 06 sporter,, a EX cond Baretta 84F 380, and a new Petta Colt S.A. replicia, case hardened ,5 1/2 " barrel revolver in 357Mag,, all for what I sold that one gun for,, and still had enough for a six pack! I didn't even like the Sagia and had been looking for an excuse to move it. Done !!

I feel a bit guilty but,,,I was happy and I guess the new owner is happy as a clam too,,, so what ever floats your boat I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.