Gunco Forums banner

MAN HUNT FOR KILLER EX COP.

9K views 86 replies 26 participants last post by  Carbine Coyote 
#1 ·
I CANT HELP WONDER ABOUT FIENSTIENS BILL WERE RETIRED COPS ARE ALLOWED ASSULT WEAPONS AS IF THERE SOME HOW NOT GENRAL POPULATION AN LESS OF A RISK THAN JOE BLOW . MANY ARE STRESSED OUT AN VERY MENTALY WORN OUT AFTER THEY RETIRE. THE NUMBER OF COPS WHO ARE GETTING BUSTED LATELY OR INVESTIGATED IS SEEMINGLY ON THE RISE.

ANY WAY SAW THIS STORY MADE ME THINK.

SEEMS LA IS AMOUNG THE WORST . I PERSONALY KNOW A WOMEN OFFICER THAT WAS RAPED BY HERE PARTNER, WHILE WORKING FOR THE LA PD AN HE WAS PROSICUTED. THIS WAS AROUND 1990

In this image provided by the Irvine, Calif., Police Department via The Orange County Register, former Los Angeles police officer Christopher Jordan Dorner is shown. Dorner is a suspect in the killings of Monica Quan and her fiance, Keith Lawrence, who were found shot to death in their car at a parking structure Sunday night. (AP Photo/Irvine Police Department via The Orange County Register)

LOS ANGELES — Thousands of police officers throughout Southern California and Nevada hunted Thursday for a disgruntled former Los Angeles officer wanted for going on a deadly shooting rampage that he warned in an online posting would target those on the force who wrong him, authorities said.

Authorities issued a statewide "officer safety warning" and police were sent to protect people named in the posting that was believed to be written by the fired officer, Christopher Dorner, who has military training. Among those mentioned were members of the Los Angeles Police Department.

"I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD uniform whether on or off duty," said the manifesto.

Dorner has available multiple weapons including an assault rifle, said police Chief Charlie Beck, who urged Dorner to surrender.

"Nobody else needs to die," he said.

More than 40 protection details were assigned to possible targets of Dorner. Police spokesman Cmdr. Andrew Smith said he couldn't remember a larger manhunt by the department.

The search for Dorner, who was fired from the LAPD in 2008 for making false statements, began after he was linked to a weekend killing in which one of the victims was the daughter of a former police captain who had represented him during the disciplinary hearing. Authorities believe Dorner opened fire early Thursday on police in cities east of Los Angeles, killing an officer and wounding another.

Beck detailed Dorner's alleged crimes in an usual press conference in an underground room at police headquarters, where extra security was deployed. The chief said there had been a "night of extreme tragedy in the Los Angeles area" and that all measures were being implemented to ensure officer safety.

Police said Dorner, 33, implicated himself in the couple's killings with the multi-page "manifesto."

A Facebook post believed written by Dorner said he knew he would be vilified by the LAPD and the news media, but that "unfortunately, this is a necessary evil that I do not enjoy but must partake and complete for substantial change to occur within the LAPD and reclaim my name."

Los Angeles police believe the manifesto posted to Facebook was written by Dorner because there are details in it only he would know.

As police searched for him, the packed Los Angeles area was on edge. The nearly 10,000-member LAPD dispatched many of its officers to protect potential targets. The department also pulled officers from motorcycle duty, fearing they would make for easy targets.

In San Diego, where Dorner allegedly tied up an elderly man and unsuccessfully tried to steal his boat Wednesday night, Naval Base Point Loma was locked down Thursday. Navy spokesman Kevin Dixon said a Navy person reported someone matching Dorner's description in the area. Dozens of local police, sheriff's deputies and federal agents were at the base.

Nevada authorities also looked for Dorner because he owns a house nine miles from the Las Vegas Strip, according to authorities and court records.

Authorities said the U.S. Navy reservist may be driving a blue 2005 Nissan Titan pickup truck.

Los Angeles officers guarding a "target" named in the posting shot and wounded two women in suburban Torrance who were in a pickup but were not involved, authorities said. It's not clear if the target is a person or a location. Beck said one woman was in stable condition with two gunshot wounds and the other was being released after treatment.

"Tragically we believe this was a case of mistaken identity by the officers," Beck said.

The Daily Breeze in Torrance also reports () that there was another police shooting nearby involving another pickup truck, but the driver wasn't hurt. Massive manhunt for fired LAPD officer suspected in 3 killings leads to shootings in Torrance, Redondo Beach - The Daily Breeze

"We're asking our officers to be extraordinarily cautious just as we're asking the public to be extraordinarily cautious with this guy. He's already demonstrated he has a propensity for shooting innocent people," said Smith, the LAPD commander.

Dorner is wanted in the killings of Monica Quan and her fiance, Keith Lawrence. They were found shot in their car at a parking structure at their condominium on Sunday night in Irvine, authorities said.

Quan, 28, was an assistant women's basketball coach at Cal State Fullerton. Lawrence, 27, was a public safety officer at the University of Southern California. There was disbelief at three college campuses, Fullerton, USC, and Concordia University, where the two met when they were both students and basketball players.

Dorner was with the department from 2005 until 2008, when he was fired for making false statements.

Quan's father, a former LAPD captain who became a lawyer in retirement, represented Dorner in front of the Board of Rights, a tribunal that ruled against Dorner at the time of his dismissal, LAPD Capt. William Hayes told The Associated Press Wednesday night.

Randal Quan retired in 2002. He later served as chief of police at Cal Poly Pomona before he started practicing law.

According to documents from a court of appeals hearing in October 2011, Dorner was fired from the LAPD after he made a complaint against his field training officer, Sgt. Teresa Evans. Dorner said that in the course of an arrest, Evans kicked suspect Christopher Gettler, a schizophrenic with severe dementia.

Richard Gettler, the schizophrenic man's father, gave testimony that supported Dorner's claim. After his son was returned on July 28, 2007, Richard Gettler asked "if he had been in a fight because his face was puffy" and his son responded that he was kicked twice in the chest by a police officer.

Early Thursday, the first shooting occurred in Corona and involved two LAPD officers working a security detail, LAPD Sgt. Alex Baez. One officer was grazed.

Later, two officers on routine patrol in neighboring Riverside were ambushed at a stop light, said Riverside Lt. Guy Toussaint. One died and the other was in surgery. The officers shot were not actively looking for Dorner, Toussaint said.

Dorner's LAPD badge and an ID were found near San Diego's airport and were turned in to police at early Thursday, San Diego police Sgt. Ray Battrick said.

#29 ·
And yes DucatiSS, those women will be rich but the vermin will still be out there, lurking, locked and loaded. Ready to shoot the innocents to keep them safe.

I know a guy who was shot in the face by fbi agents while sitting at a red light because he happened to drive a car 'that matched the description'. They literally ran up on him and blew his jaw off with a 40 S&W.

It was kept out of the newspapers completely and he was paid close to 4 million dollars to shut up and go away.

#31 ·
Since the cops are lighting up old ladies in a truck that is nowhere near the description of his vehicle, the guy will never make it into custody alive. They want him dead, ASAP. Why, self preservation comes to mind, or a coverup if some of what he was saying in his statement was true. ??????

#38 ·
And another one shot at kernel..

And another one a few days ago kernel..

Redondo Beach man, shot at by police in Christopher Dorner manhunt, calls Torrance officers 'reckless'

Read more: Redondo Beach man, shot at by police in Christopher Dorner manhunt, calls Torrance officers 'reckless' - Whittier Daily News Redondo Beach man, shot at by police in Christopher Dorner manhunt, calls Torrance officers 'reckless' - Whittier Daily News

He was stopped by a Police Officer and questioned.. Early morning, he was going surfing before work..
Officer polite, questions and tells him to have a nice day.. Oh he was about to have a nice day..
A mile down the road Police smash into his vehicle. His airbag goes off. Not being able to see the man, solution. Open fire..
Police Chief calls the poor guy and offers him a rental car and to pay all his medical bills..:rofl:
He is now referring all calls too his lawyers.. If they keep randomly shooting at innocent citizens.. L.A. will go broke with the lawsuits.
Rumor has it, bullet proof auto glass companies are working 24/7.

#33 · (Edited)
DucatiSS

Not just those two women, every home that was hit in the process..
Lot of those rounds missed the truck.. God I wish they hit my house..
"Hello Coonan Coonan Coonan and O'Brian. I am calling from my cellar. I am afraid to leave my house.. I have splitting head aches, nightmares, can not eat. Just heave the cash down the cellar, no checks."
This guy is sharp, nuts but sharp..
-Leaving his badge and items at the airport.
-Truck burns. Probably had a timer in it.. They lost his trail. Hell it was probably two weeks old, he be gone..
This guy is getting help.. Would bet he is no "Survivor Man." He aint up in Big Bear, hell he would last 2 days in that cold and snow.
Probably at King Shabzzes house watching T.V..

#36 ·
HMM HES LIKELY SITTING ON A PORCH IN ATLANTA IN PLAIN SIGHT OR MAYBE HE FLEED TO MEXICO WERE HE PLANS ON ASSUMING A HISPANIC NAME AN SNEAKING BACK INTO HE UNITED STATES WERE HE WILL BEVER BE ARRESTED OR LOOKED AT AN GET FREE STUFF. IF I WAS GOING HIDDING ID TRY TO LOOK LIKE AN ILLEAGE ALLIEN WITH A OBAMA DECAL ON MY HOOOPDEE. YOU WOULD BE HOME FREE

#39 ·
As a mid 50's white male with a full head of hair, I thought I was safe from mistaken identity. I guess not with the LAPD around. I need to start checking my 6 twice as often now. :help:

If they confuse 2 Hispanic women as a 270lb bald black man, I guess I could pass as a dead ringer for him.

#44 ·
Boy after reading his uncensored manifesto, it's obvious why they are shooting at anything that moves. They are scared to death of both him, as well as the truth getting out. I believe his story of what happened with the officer kicking the disabled person numerous times, and then he gets screwed because he crossed "the thin blue line". It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Tbob, were you serious about the drone??

#46 ·
#48 ·
Man if there armed then this is a real change in American justice. I doubt they are . Im not sure a unmanned drone is any worse than a manned plane looking for a criminal . however if they start shootng from them then look out. he is innocent until proven guilty an that's how it better stay . you start shooting at suspects who are not shooting back an there will be hell to pay .

Fugitive alleged LAPD-killer is first drone target on U.S. soil
18 hrs ago

It's official: The drone war has come home to America. Wanted fugitive Christopher Dorner, the homicidal former cop currently at war with the LAPD, has become the first known human target for airborne drones on U.S. soil. Their use was confirmed by Customs and Border Patrol spokesman Ralph DeSio, who revealed the government's fear that Dorner will make a dash for the Mexican border. The fugitive has already killed three people, according to police, and has a $1 million bounty on his head. Dorner, who has military training, is believed to be hiding in the wilderness of California's San Bernardino Mountains, where locating him without air support may be all but impossible. [Source]

Click msnNOW.com, updated 24 hours a day.

#49 ·
80,000,000 illeagles come here an may commit crimes an the government spends $50 to try an stop them . a few cops get singled out an the government will spend a billion dollars to hunt him down.

sort of reminds me when jfk jrs plane went down billions were spent to look for it but if your joe blow they might send out a helicopter for a few hours. if there was a family of 6 lost in those woods ready to die from freezing they would not spend the money were drone would be useful.

#56 ·
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM WHY IS LAPD EVEN IN SANBERIDENO ???

LAPD manhunt: cops in stand-off after one officer killed, one hurt in shootout during search for Dorner

View more videos at: Los Angeles News, Local News, Weather, Traffic, Entertainment, Breaking News.

By Tracy Connor, Staff Writer, NBC News

Police were surrounding the flaming mountainside cabin where former LAPD cop Christopher Dorner barricaded himself Tuesday after killing one sheriff’s deputy and wounding a second, law enforcement sources said.

Black smoke and flames could be seen coming from the cabin, but it was unknown how the fire started or even whether Dorner was trapped inside.

A shootout and standoff began after police received a report around 12:22 p.m. that someone fitting Dorner’s description had stolen a car from a home near the ski resort area of Big Bear, police said.

A ground and air search ensued, and authorities located the pickup on Highway 38.

A spokesman for the California Department of Fish and Game said one of its wardens was the “very first person to spot Mr. Dorner … They both got out of the vehicles and exchanged gunfire.”

Advertise | AdChoices

Check out more coverage on NBCLosAngeles.com

The warden was not hurt and Dorner, who was already wanted for three slayings linked to a revenge-fueled rampage, was not captured, agency spokesman Andrew Hughan told NBCLosAngeles.com.

Gunfire erupted during the hunt for former LAPD officer Christopher Dorner, who was charged with murder on Monday. The unfolding drama brought officers to a cabin in the mountains where the suspect was barricaded inside. NBC's Miguel Almaguer reports.

“The suspect fled into the forest and barricaded himself inside a cabin,” said a statement from the San Bernardino Sheriff’s office.

“A short time later there was an exchange of gunfire between law enforcement and the suspect ... Two law enforcement officers are being airlifted to a local hospital with unknown injuries.”

The wounded officers were taken to Loma Linda University Medical Center, where Sheriff John McMahon later confirmed one had died and one was in surgery. Their names were not released.

Meanwhile heavily armed cops were massed around the cabin where the suspect – identified as Dorner by high-ranking LAPD sources – holed up after crashing the stolen truck.

In the largest manhunt in LAPD history, hundreds of investigators have spent a week searching for Dorner, who is accused of killing a retired captain’s daughter and her fiancé on Feb. 3 and a police officer on Feb. 7.

Dorner’s burned-out truck, a Nissan Titan, was found in Big Bear last week and scores of officers have been combing the mountain, going door-to-door to see if they could find signs of forced entry.

At an afternoon press conference, LAPD commander Andy Smith wouldn't confirm the ex-LAPD officer was holed-up in the cabin, but said he had a message for Dorner: “Enough is enough. It’s time to turn yourself in.”

“Everyone is very hopeful that this thing ends without any further bloodshed,” Smith said. “The best thing for him now would be to surrender…and he can face the criminal justice system.”

LAPD officers rushed to the scene to assist San Bernardino deputies and were also sifting through hundreds of clues about Dorner’s activities in recent days.

“Until this guy is in handcuffs … none of the people in our department are going to rest,” Smith said.

Dorner, an ex-cop and Navy reservist detailed his plans and hit list in an online manifesto — a 11,000-word declaration of war against the LAPD in which he makes it clear he would not be taken alive.

“Self Preservation is no longer important to me,” he wrote. “I do not fear death as I died long ago on 1/2/09.”

That’s the date that Dorner got his walking papers from the LAPD after being fired for making a false statement about an officer he accused of brutalizing a suspect.

Police say Dorner exacted revenge on the lawyer who represented him at the internal review, retired captain Randy Quan, by gunning down his daughter, Monica Quan, 28, and her boyfriend, Keith Lawrence, 27, in their car as they returned home to Irvine, Calif., after the Super Bowl.

Four days later, authorities said, Dorner ambushed police officers who were guarding other potential targets in Riverside and Corona, Calif., killing one of them.

LAPD officials said earlier Tuesday they were sifting through 1,000 clues and, including a video that may show the suspect stocking up on scuba gear before the killing spree.

"With a thousand clues or tips, you have to prioritize," LAPD Lt. Andy Neiman said.

Police confirmed they were even looking into the possibility Dorner had fled to Mexico — the destination he mentioned when he tried to steal a boat in San Diego last Wednesday.

"It is frustrating," Neiman said. "We are hopeful that these investigative leads will lead to a conclusion."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.