Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Online Concealed Carry Permit Course - Reciprocity with VA & AZ

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sprat View Post
    i belong to numerous carry sites, founding member on two, i'm a original commentor from packing.org (the original carry concealed site)
    I disagree most folks are ignorant of the ramifications, you don't follow this subject much, in some states IE:Pa no training is required so, most ninja mall types, just start carrying. your entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion i don't see it your way. the common stock answer is: I can't afford training, my stock answer is you can't afford not too
    on-line training could land you in jail, previous training what does that mean??, i have seen that twice in this thread no one has said what that training is?????
    how do cops come into this???, you shoot is in self defense and you are not trained for the aftermath you could lose everything
    Your "credentials" mean nothing to me, sounds like mall ninja talk to be honest.

Please re-read the first paragraph on my previous post.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

what are your credentials, since you like discrediting folks

I am trying to teach something here, you seem to have a hard on so its time put up or shutup

please put up on the board your credientials that can be verified or go away, you are not contributing to this conversation

I will have a indenpedent individual on this board verify your credentials and they can verify mine
    Sprat and sprat1 are one and the same.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

what are your credentials, since you like discrediting folks

I am trying to teach something here, you seem to have a hard on so its time put up or shutup

please put up on the board your credientials that can be verified or go away, you are not contributing to this conversation

I will have a indenpedent individual on this board verify your credentials and they can verify mine
    I'm not trying to discredit anyone, just pointing out the fact that big talk sounds like what it is... talk.

This thread is about whether or not an online carry course is good to be used to get a carry permit, the end.

There have been numerous stories on this board posted in the last year where people including women and children have stopped attackers with deadly force. By your line of thinking these people hadn't attended Ayoob's six month course on lethal force and should either be dead or in jail but IIRC they are free and very much alive, which is more than could be said if they were unarmed.

You said your piece and that you recommend training, fine. Continuing to harp on that point while calling out anyone with a different opinion makes you look like a internet tough guy.

Sorry that we all haven't had the opportunity to be an instructor at Gecko45's indoor retail area Rapid Tactical Response school.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

wrong I did not call anyone out, i expressed post found on other sites, it is apparent you do not have the credentials to speak with any authority accept to personally attack me

shooting someone in your home, whether its childern or women is far different then shooting in self defense on the street or in public, you are talking apples and oranges. I am talking about defending yourself and loved ones in public with a license or permit

no brag just fact, or big talk, I m trained for such encounters and hope to see others do the right thing, not just by Mass Ayoob, , NRA and others, as i stated and will state again one needs continual training not a video not the "midway,s best defense ( which i enjoy)not some on-line class, one needs in person training
    pointing out the websites I am on and help start was to point out the BS we get every week from the uninformed, for the past 20years
    also the idea's I am passing on come from Mass, instead of knocking you should be learning

I don't know who geck45 is or his training center, I assume it was a attempt to put down again

you have contributed nothing to this conversation, except to personally attack me

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

You just called me out in your post before this one. And again, i wasn't trying to discredit you, only pointing out that someone talking about themselves and thier skills on the internet is not likely to be taken seriously, by anyone.

I recall in another thread a few weeks back that if someone did not have training keeping a gun in their home was a foolish idea as well.

"Would you shoot?"

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe you are trying to genuinly helpful but that your written tone just comes off as boastful and rude unintentionally.

Good day sir.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

yes a few weeks back I did respond and I will respond again if you are not trained and properly trained some is going to get hurt , if you or anyone is carrying concealed in public and you use that firearm some one is going to jail, regardless whose at fault, one needs to be trained for the aftermath, anyone can fire a weapon

you don't like the way I type its your problem and yes I called you out after you went after me, I never went after you. I don't even now who you are
    you started this pissing match and again with nothing to contribute except attacking me, I am taken very seriously here, my reputation on this site and on many others is well known and over a long period of time
    I really don't care whether you like my style or how I present it, if you feel its boastful and rude especially on this thread to bad because it had/has nothing to do with you. you took it upon youself to start this BS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

yes a few weeks back I did respond and I will respond again if you are not trained and properly trained some is going to get hurt , if you or anyone is carrying concealed in public and you use that firearm some one is going to jail, regardless whose at fault, one needs to be trained for the aftermath, anyone can fire a weapon

you don't like the way I type its your problem and yes I called you out after you went after me, I never went after you. I don't even now who you are
    you started this pissing match and again with nothing to contribute except attacking me, I am taken very seriously here, my reputation on this site and on many others is well known and over a long period of time
    I really don't care whether you like my style or how I present it, if you feel its boastful and rude especially on this thread to bad because it had/has nothing to do with you. you took it upon youself to start this BS
    Please show me where in the thread I "went after you".

I stated my opinion and labled it as such, you saw fit to start talking about your "credentials" to back up how I and everyone else who hasn't been "trained" shouldn't be carrying a firearm in public which as you know is YOUR OPINION.

You are the one who is attempting to start a pissing match about how you are qualified to judge the actions and opinions of the rest of the world due to your above mentioned "credentials".

You just don't like the fact that someone else has a differing opinion than yours and isn't impressed by your real or imagined reputation and didnt buy into your baited attempt at a dick swinging contest.

Good day sir.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

If you two are done...
    There's currently a bill in the VA legislature which would disqualify the online course as satisfying proof of training.

There's actually a long list of acceptable items that will satisfy, including hunter safety training class (also being considered for disqualification), any NRA class, or a DD-214.
    You can find the full list here:
    Virginia State Police - Nonresident Concealed Handgun Permits

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Amazingly, no one in my home or immediate (aunts, uncles, etc) family have ever been injured by firearms and none of us have ever paid anyone for formal firearms training.

While my children have taken the state firearms safety course so as to become licensed hunters at an age earlier than otherwise allowed, none of us have taken any CCW course because I live in a state where such training is not required to carry concealed.

Also amazingly, while many of my fellow citizens have a concealed carry permit and also do not have any training, there is no vast or even noticeable issue with people having their lives ruined through lack of training.

I do think that formal training is a great benefit if one has the time and money. But without common sense training is useless. In my state, liberals and conservatives alike abound in firearms common sense. To most of us a firearm is a tool, like a hammer, to be used when the need presents and is appropriate. Most would never hammer a nail with a revolver and most would never use deadly force of any kind without consideration of the need. For we know the law will be swift to punish unnecessary force of any kind.
    I have a daughter. I tell her, "911 is what you dial after you're raped. 1911 is what you should have before they try."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.