Gunco Forums banner

Buying Frenzy Insanity Abounds

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
Sure enough, I went to my local GS and saw consignments for cheap ARs for over $2,000. Yep, even the old S&W MP15 without forward assist and ejection port cover listed for $2,000. I saw a Delton for $2,200 and a Colt listed at $2,800. Sure as shit, while I'm standing there I see the Delton and Colt go out the door.

I also saw 20-round Hungarian mags for sale at $50 each. I noticed that all the Glocks and Springfield XD pistols are gone so I guess now the frenzy has moved onto semi-auto pistols. A lot of empty space under the glass now. I was thinking maybe I would grab a XDS .45 if and when one shows up. So far they haven't raised prices on the handguns (yet).

Yep, think I will simply step aside for a few months and watch from the sidelines. This insanity is amusing but I can well afford to sit this one out. I did buy another cheap Mosin-Nagant for $120 but it had the brass fittings and is in pristine condition so I figured why not. Still have a couple more "fun guns" I would like to get but prices are just nuts so I can wait. Besides, I bought some Silver Eagles at the coin shop.

#2 ·
Yeah BB I'm right there with you. I have a S&W J-frame in mind becasue those have gone untouched but other than thet i'm going to stand back and tweak and improve the things I have rather than compete with the wave of panic purchasing. I don't have the money to pay $2000 for a $700 rifle.

I'm going to avoid the Fun Store for a while now it just pisses me off to listen to someone walk in and ask my guy if they are selling any "Assault Rifles"

#3 ·
I also want an XDS 45. They were selling for just over $500.00 on Gunbroker before the panic. Now they are selling for well over $600.00 & that's too much.

#4 ·
Yeah just watch and laugh.. These are Nappie voters buying this stuff, the anti gun crowd..
Long time collectors really do not need these things, just stuff we would like to buy.
Got a Nappie lover here in the neighborhood.. Die hard ultra left Demowit who went bezerk, when I said Nappie and crew will come for our guns. No he wont.
I just listened.
Now I know he wants to beg me for a few shotgun rounds.. Ah hell I am a sucker, I will give him a box in a heartbeat..
But. I will make him sit at the table and write 100 times..
"Tim you were right."
"Tim you were right."
Guys relax. Supply and demand. Once the nit wit Nappy voters get their one gun and a few boxes of ammo. I will bet a case of beer, manufactures are working 24/7 to catch up.. Items will start showing up again.
Hell how many mags, how much ammo, how many guns do us collectors really need? You can really only shoot one gun at a time.
Vendors do not make money, if they do not have stuff to sell.
After the last panic, people were selling guns for 1/4 the price they paid.
Let the sucker Nappy voters buy now.. Relax, wait.. If I am wrong, I will buy every member here a beer.. One beer, none of that case of beer stuff.

#5 ·
yep their wacked , GB has all ways been a magnet to the wack-jobs and the gougers. every gouger there is is on GB and other auction places trying to sell some rifle or mag for 500% mark-up!

most of us who have been following things knew we were in for a even bigger panic than 08--at any time after obammas re-up.

if people had been smart they would have bought their mags back when they were in glut mode after the ban expired. same way with the AR-15s and AKs.

you got to think ahead-- and most people don't even think far enough ahead to know whats for dinner--LOL

#6 ·
Are they really gougers though j4? Nobody is forcing them to buy..
Hell I could ask a million $$$$ for my dump in the swamp.. If some sucker wants to hand me the money, hell I will be gone by morning.

#7 ·
hell 4th the way to make money is sell a treasure map to the AK' resting place--

you'll make millions!

$5 for the map-- turn left at the big cypress tree, then down by the mangrove swamp 553 meters, then down in the canal, then out of the canal, across from that wrecked fishing boat, another 300m-- make sure you drought that scuba gear!--LOL:rofl:

#8 ·
Went to a fun show this week end just to see what was up with prices and,,,,,OH BOY !!!!!!

I think I'll need more insurance on my collection,, it's worth about 3 time more than I thought,, at today's prices. A Under folder Krink, used,, went down the road for 1600 bucks with one 10 rnd mag,,,,,WOW!!!!! AK mags,, from 35 for beat ones to 65 ea for new ones,,OUCH, Ar mags 35-60 ea,, also OUCH!!! Saw some Colts in wrappers for 100 ea,, give me a break!!

I tried to negotiate on a couple pistols, but it wasn't to be. Couldn't get either guy to budge even 20 bucks. At the end of the show as I was walking out, one of the guys said he'd take my offer on a Laama .380 I was dickering on and I just walked away and I said "no thanks,,, you had your chance to deal",, I could see him cringe that he didn't take my offer before,,,, now it will sit on his shelf for a bit longer.

There's only one more show around here and if I see him there, I'll make an offer again,, and see what happens this time,,, of course sense he was such an ass,,, I'll just offer less next time,,,, how ya like them apples BUB, and if he don't take it I'll just walk again. I know those guns I was looking at well and have already got one and when they were originally sold they were 209.00 delivered, my cost, and he wants 349 for it !! I don't spite someone a profit but be real!! I offered 325 down the road for it and he didn't bite, which I thought was a fair price for both of us. He's already had the same 2 of them for the last 2 years at different shows and there still there, maybe he'll see the error of his ways and sell it to me at the last show of the year,, we'll see. If not no biggie.

I did take a real long look at a real nice Windsor VT made flintlock that really caught my eye though. What a beauty, I wouldn't be afraid to shoot it tomorrow,, it's that nice. Still pondering on that one ,, but hard to justify dumping >2K into something I'll never shoot. But it sure is pretty!!! And I'd love to own it,,and it has the complete provenance sense it was built in 1782. That would make a REALLY nice addition to my collection.

I've already got a Baretta 84F and a Pettia 357 SA Colt repro coming to add to the toy box that should be here any day now. That and the new Springfield 02 in 30- 06 I got 2 weeks ago ,has wet my appetite for a bit. No impulse buying here, I've got a good stock of guns and ammo already and I don't need anything else. Not that I won't find something else I can't live without,,,, OF COURSE. But for now, I'm concentrating on private sales and buys right now,, prices are much better that way for everyone involved. Plus there is a good batch of older, real nice bolt and hunting guns and nce mil-surplus guns coming out of the wood work right now, that's where I'll put my bucks right now. Hell that 03 I got for 3 bills with a old 4 power Weaver and a nice sling is a easy500 dollar gun all day long, and there's plenty of other great deals out there just like it too. I missed a beautiful 6.5x55 Mauser for 150 the other day,, I snoozed and lost out on that one,,,, NO MORE SNOOZING!!!! Damn It !!!!

I did sell a Sagia 308 and have a Egyptian AK up on Gun Broker right now . Yup the price I got for the Sagia was ridiculous,, it sold for 900,,,but,, THEY,, did the bidding,,, not me. If someone wants one that bad,,, far be it from me to deny them,,, dummy's!!! It's There Bucks I guess!

I sure as hell wouldn't pay that for one,,,You???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.