Thread: Restrictions on law enforcement gun owners?

Feedback Score

Default Restrictions on law enforcement gun owners?

In the wake of the Chris Dorner incident, is it worth considering that highly trained ex law enforcement present a threat to society due to thier training?
    God so loved the world He gave his only Son...
    ...Believe in Him and have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

Feedback Score

Nope. He still killed less people than on-the-job law enforcement do accidentally.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?" -Thomas Jefferson-

"Our rights come from our humanity and may not be legislated away -- not by a vote of Congress, not by the consensus of our neighbors, not even by agreement of all Americans but one." Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Feedback Score

ok to be fair, yes Leo's and alike, professional bodyguards, professional security personal ( and Im not talking the old guy in the wrinkled uniform you see at any given retail bussiness) any killing of a human being by another is in fact a Homicide even by police standards, this falls into two catigories its eathier a self defence situation of the officer or another person which is justifable, ( which you still can be brought into court in a wrongfull death suit, and the plain ole fashioned homicide that will get you locked up which the homicide is unjustafielable and can result in charges from 1st Degree Murder to criminally negelant Homicide. what ever that jusrisdiction allows and what the circumstances of the case are. I know for a fact that pulling that weapon and trigger is and can be a split second desicion on the use of deadly force. here is two rules to live by. First of all you must be infear of your life! and second in many states there is no stand your ground rulings, If you have mo way of escaping the immeadate threat and the suspect is armed and comming at you and the only thing between you and getting away from the suspect alive, is Him well that question will pretty much answer itself in what yor next course of action would be becarefull out there is a dangerious place we live in. and never put a sign in your window that you have firearms on yur property its an invitation for unwanted guests to come and sttel yur guns and what not and yu can almost bet that they wil come armeds as well. place a alarme comopany sign in your windows and on your lawn most criminals will move along, sure they now there is a chance that they know or may belive the sign is bogus, But most will just pass you by and not take the chance, just in case your sign is not a bluff,,,,Doc

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

more due to their lack of training---

ever see that video of that BATF/FBI/DEA whatever alphabet agency type trying to show proper pistol stance and he shot himself in front of his students?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Well, these "trained" and "qualified" L.A. cops shot two completely innocent elderly hispanic women and a white middle aged male. So yes, I would have to agree - the cops (at least L.A. cops) should be disarmed as they are a threat to a civilized society. Having spent time with some LEOs I know at the local gun club I simply don't see how they are anymore "trained" or "qualified" with firearms than the average gunowner.
    When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America , you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

I HAVE SEVERAL LEO FRIENDS OR PEOPLE I KNOW ONE WAS A SWAT TEAM LEADER AN TRAINER AN IS VERY VERY GOOD WITH A PISTOL HE IS A GOOD MAN AN FAIR. I KNOW A SARGENMT WHO IS A GREAT GUY GOES OUT OF HIS WAY TO OFFER RIDES TO THOSE WHO HAVE HAD TO MUCH TO DRINK ENDS MOST BAR FIGHTS WITH YOU GO THAT WAY AN YOU GO THE OTHER VS JIAL AN A RECORD. HE LISTENS TO WHAT PEOLE SAY AT A SCENE AN DOES THE RIGHT THING . HE WILL DO HIS BEST NOT WRECK SOME ONES LIFE ID HE CAN HE ALSO WAS A MILITARY SNIPER AN CAN DO WHAT HE NEEDS TO DO.
    I HAVE PLAYED SPORTS WITH MANY LEOS AN MOST ARE GREAT GUYS IF YOU FORGET THRE COPS AN JUST LET THEM ENJOY THERE TIME OFF I HUNT WITH ONE GUY GOOD MAN.

THE OTHERS ARE A NIGHT MARE DRUNK ALL THE TIME RACIST SEXIST ETC,

I LEARNED MY MOST RACIST JOKES FROM THEM ID NOIT WANT TO BE BALCK AN DRIVING IN THERE AREA.

A LOCAL FEMALE OFFICER I HAD MET A FEW TIMES WAS CONVICTED OF ATTEMPTED MURDER AFTER RUNNING HERE HUSBAND OVER WITH A CAR HE WAS A LEO ALSO.

I KNOW A WOMAN EX LAPD WO WAS RAPED BY HERE PARTNER IN THE EARLY 90'S AN HE BOASTED OF IT TO HIS COP BUDDIES THEN THE DEPARTMENT TRIED TO MAKE HER LOOK BAD.

THERE IS A MADISON WI LEO NEAR HERE THAT IS IN HOT WATER FOR SHOOTING A UNARMED YOUNG MAN WHO WAS DRUNK AN ARGUING WITH A NEIGHBOR HE WAS FOUND TO BE A JUSTIFABLE SHOOTING BUT NOW HE IS SUSPOENDED FOR OTHER THINGS AN COLLECTING A CHECK THERE HAVE BEEN TONS OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT HIM . ANOHTER MADISON WI COP WAS CAUGHT PISSING IN A HOMLESS MANS BEER BOTTTEL AN WATCHING HIM DRINK IT AN STILL KEPT HIS JOB. ,
    THERE IS ALSO A WRONGFUL DEATH SETTELMENT JSUT WRAPED UP HERE HERE WERE THE PARENTS OF A DRUNK KID THAT WAS MAN HANDLED A DIED IN POLICE CUSTODY PUTTING UP BIULLBOARDS ABOUT THE SETTELEMNT AN RUNNING TV ADS SHOWING THE ARREST FROM A DASH CAM WEERE THE KID IS OBVIOUSLY MESSED UP BEYOND COMPREHINSION . A CORANER NEAR HERE WAS BUSTED A FEW YEARS BACK FOR ROBBING THE DEAD AN THERE HOMES .

THERE HAVE BEEE COPS SCREWING UNDER AGE GIRLS IN THER SQUAD CARS,

COPS ARE HUMAN LIKE THE REST OF US AN SOME HAVE THERE SHIT TOGETHER AN SOME DONT.

THERE WAS A CASE UP NORTH WERE A 21 YEAR OLD COP ???? WENT TO A HOUSE PARTY AN KKILLED HIS FRINEDS IN A SHOOTNG A FEW YEARS BACK OVER A GIRL FRIEND IF I RECALL CORRECTLY .

COPS DEAL WITH DIVORCE , DEATH , PRESSURE, THE ECONOMY JUST LIKE ALL OF US
    IMO THEY NEED TO HAVE MORE TRAINING AN MORE COUNSELING .

ANY TIME THERE IS A SITUATION WERE ONE MAN CAN HAVE MORE UNRESTRAINED POWER OVER ANOTHER THERE EVENTUALY WILL BE PROBLEMS AN THAT IS ALSO WHY AMERICANS SHOULD NOT GIVE UP THERE GUN RIGHTS.

DONT EVER DATE A COPS EX WIFE BAD IDEA. DONT ASK

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.