Gunco Forums banner

s336 internet tax

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  4thIDvet 
#1 ·
I have not read the proposed bill, so I dont know if it says what these folks say it does. They say its an attempt to tax all purchases made via the internet. I buy most things off the internet these days to save some money, as do alot of folks. I figure Wal-mart is behind this. I think its worth looking into. Link to petition to stop bill: http://www.chooseliberty.org/internet_tax.aspx?pid=0214e

#2 ·
wall mart has wanted an internet sale tax for years.

the irony is wall mart collects sales tax in many stated yet has a inside deal where they do not return the money to the state.

so wally mart is complaining about having to pay a tax they rarely ever pay in--
but if you big on wally-street you get anything you want from the government , no matter how absurd.

#6 ·
Good Lord,,,, there hands in our pockets again!!!!

Seems they don't quite get the idea of living within your means,,, time to cut off aid to other country's and a hundred other things we can eliminate, along with Senators and Congressmen, and many others in government,,,,, jetting around like royalty with there body guards ,cronies and extended family,,, on our nickle. WTF What don't they understand about,,,,, not pissing money away? It's not a mystery to figure out. Simple,,, don't spend more than what ya got,,,period!

Do you honestly think there, in there for us?? Give me a break! They don't give two shits about us, it's there bottom line they care about.

#7 ·
Back some years ago, Governor Bill Clinton of Arkansas was foaming at the mouth over the sales tax revenue "lost" via mail order sales. So he ordered that inspection stations be set up so packages entering Arkansas could be inspected for untaxed contraband.

The Postmaster General said that no state had the authority to interfere with the US Postal Service, and that armed force would be used if needed to see that the mail went through.

My Dad, who was a postal inspector working out of Little Rock, was issued a .38 revolver and sent to West Memphis, and told to shoot anyone who tried to stop a truck carrying mail. Normally they were only armed and rode along when trucks were carrying high-value cargos. Clinton backed down.

You probably didn't hear about any of this if you weren't in Arkansas or associated with the Post Office, but I imagine you can find something on Google if you look.

#8 ·
They recently started collecting sales tax for orders made on Amazon here in PA, when I heard about it it was only a few days before it started so I placed a few orders for things I wanted or needed, as soon as it went into effect I haven't bought a thing from them.

#11 · (Edited)
"We don’t dispute that the tax is due,” says Hamilton Davison of the American Catalog Mailers Association. “The issue is how it’s collected. It’s not easy to collect for 9,600 different state and local tax jurisdictions.”
Retailers, lawmakers revive call for Internet sales tax - Business on NBCNews.com

Technically, depending on your state. You are supposed to "voluntarily" pay your states sales tax when purchasing over the internet.
If they have a business in your state or not..
Key here is voluntary.. They really had no way of enforcing it..
This bill would settle that problem..
Now the problem of taxes in general.. Nappy and crew, are looking into every square inch of space they can find, to collect taxes.
Have to get the deficit down, so Nancy piglozie can get her jet back.
The British tried it in the 1700s, it failed. King George got pissed and tried to take the peoples guns away, in-case their was problems collecting. That failed..
See any correlation? They are running out of people to tax.
Wonder what will happen then?

"Nancy Pelosi begs us not to ruin her dignity by cutting her paycheck"
Nancy Pelosi says cutting Congress' pay undermines dignity of job

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.