Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: State looking into airborne boat crash in Key Largo

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

I sold the Ranger years ago,,, it ate me outa house and home,,, for gas and oil!! $150 a day was the norm,, ouch!!

Feedback Score

Use to have a Rogers drag boat myself. Firearms and fast boats. This is one of the best bunch of guys on the net.
    Last edited by willie; 02-18-2013 at 09:08 AM. Reason: cuz I can

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Use to have a Rogers drag boat myself. Firearms and fast boats. This is one of the best bunch of guys on the net.
    small world. Did you race competitively?

I ran a Hondo in the late 80,s . cut away deck semi runner bottom . I was told it was the factory show boat that Hondo used to have in all the custom car shows before it was sold to a racer it had a Blown Rodac motor at one point I was told . . It must have made big numbers as I had to move the engine back about 3 inches an run a lot smaller pitch prop an lower drive gears to boot to make it run right.
    I got it from the third owner. I tired to be compeditve but I was mid 20,s poor job . we made more money racing on likes for cash than we ever did at a actual race. I loved them guys with 20' sanger jets that tought they could run 90 MPH that barely went 70. we used to go aut an run around slow let a few guys pass us an them wait .
    they would show up around noon with a buzz an I had a buddy how could really talk an get a guy wanting to race. won a lot of beer an tequila that way .

I had a buddy who had a old sanger that used to race in the Oakland lake that had a clutch pedal in his set up by some famiuos land drag racer. he could drop the clutch an from a dead start. I briefly had a sanger 19" flat bottom v drive with a tame 454 an it had a 2 speed power glide in it that was a fun boat had a seat on the drive for a third person so we could water ski with it . I ended up putting through transom exhaust on it to keep the cops off our ass . was a fun to run boat likely did about about 85 mph but would run that way all day . wish I still had that one . Ill have to scan in an post some pictures some day .

ALL I KNOW WAS THE RACE BOAT WAS ALWAYS BROKE AN SO WAS I. BLEW IT UP AT NEEDLES CA AN ALMOST SUNK IT . STUCK A ROD AN CRANK PARTS THROUGHT HE HULL AT ABOUT 80 MPH I ALMOST FLEW OUT THE FRONT THAT TIME THEN IT BACK WASHED AN THEN IRELAISED IT HAD A 6" HOLE IN THE BOTTOM. THAT WAS A $10,000 DAY AN LONG 700 MILE RIDE HOME. ;( IM SERIUSLY LUCK I NEVER HUT MY SLEF BAD IN IT . IT WAS A CHICK MAGNET THOUGH . EVEN HAD A JET BOAT THAT ALMOST MATCHED IT AT ONE POINT AN WE WOULD TAKE TWO BOSTS TO THE RACES ONE TO RACE AN ONE TO GO HAVE FUN IN . GIRLS NEVER OR SHERRIF NEVER KNEW WHAT BNOAT WAS MAKING ALL THE NOISE. MY V DRIVE WAS PERMINATLY BANNED FROM LAKE MENDICINO CA FO BEIG TO LOUD AN RACIING AN WHAT EVER THEY CLULD THROW AT US . WE WERE NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO UNLOAD IT LAST IME I WENT THERE TO CAMP. I COULD NOT IDLE IT UNDER THERE SLOW SPEED LIMIT AN WOULD HAVE TO START AN COAST IT TO THE DOCK . WAS OVER 102 BECIBALS ONE TIME. IN A 98 DB LAKE . HELL I GOT BLAMED FOR RUNNING IT WHEN I WAS IN ADIFFERNT STATE. THE GUY I SOLD IT TO GOT A ARRESTD WHEN HE UNKNOWINLY SHOWED UP AN GOT BLAMED FOR EVERTHING I EVER DID. APARENTY 6:30 AM AROUND THE LAKE TUNING RUNS ON HOIDAY WEEKENDS WERE A BAD IDEA. WE GOT CLOCKED AT 65 WITH A TUBER ONCE ( MAN THAT WAS STUPID ) AN THEN THERE WAS THE WHOLE CHASING THE JET SKIER OFF THE LAKE AN ACROSS THR HIGH WAY. LOOKING BACK I WAS A REALL ASS HOLE LOL WE HAD FUN BACK THEN LOTS OF BOATS, JET SKIES, 4X4,S GIRLS AN TWIN BLENDERS RAN OFF A INVERTER FOR MARGURETIAS USED TO HAVE STRAWBERRY AN REGULAR RIGHT ON THE BEACH

THIS THREAD BRINGS BACK SOME MEMEORIES . MY OLD OPEN BOW SEA RAY WITH V6 REALLY IS A BUMMER TO WHAT IUSED TO PLAY WITH. WISH I HAD THE MONEY BACK TO .

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by 1biggun View Post
    small world. Did you race competitively?
    Never raced competitively just beer runs and general cutting up being stupid. The Rogers was a retired drag boat that had been garaged for 10 years when we got it. Had a partnership with my younger brother on that boat in the late 80's. A thin spared egg shell hull isn't made for ”pleasure boating” and it was a money pit. Use to run, play and race with the local river rats. Brother and I bumped heads too many times and I endend up selling out for 10 cents on the dollar. He ended up in some Lawyer trouble and sold it. I got out of fast boats, cars and motorcycles. He drag races now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.